No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more I look over tomorrow nights card the more excited about it I get. It really isn't too bad of a card for a free one.

M heart will be rooting for Randy, but I have nothing against Vera. And Bisping? I'd love to see his lights tunred off again!!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• My buddies and I were talking the other night, with Coture getting up there in years, and with him already having lost to Lesnar, how cool would it be to see him in a 1 fight deal with Strikeforce to take on Fedor? He's always wanted to fight him, and it would be a huge draw.

Randy has always been one of my favorite fighters, and I can think of no better way for him to go out than to fight Fedor (or fight Brock which I don't see happening).

Now if only there was a way to make it happen.
      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
      Adopted By:
      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
      Broncbeat

Comment

• Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
        My buddies and I were talking the other night, with Coture getting up there in years, and with him already having lost to Lesnar, how cool would it be to see him in a 1 fight deal with Strikeforce to take on Fedor? He's always wanted to fight him, and it would be a huge draw.

Randy has always been one of my favorite fighters, and I can think of no better way for him to go out than to fight Fedor (or fight Brock which I don't see happening).

Now if only there was a way to make it happen.
        Couture signed a contract extension right before his fight with Big Nog, as much as I would love to see him fight Fedor, I don't see it happening. By the time his contractual obligations are done with the UFC, I think Randy will hang up the gloves.
        Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

• After seeing those weigh ins wowzers. I've never seen Bisping look that skinny before! He looked like a total different person out there.

The weigh was mostly a bore besides that but Randy looks to be in good shape and he's fighting at the weight class he should be fighting in so I can't wait for another free event! :dance:

Comment

• Man would i LOVE to see skinny Bisbing get put down for a nap again.
            sigpic
            photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by MightyHorse View Post
              Man would i LOVE to see skinny Bisbing get put down for a nap again.
              Well Espn is already scrolling down the bottom line who won the Bisping fight, so I guess this isnt live??? I wont tell you who won.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                Well Espn is already scrolling down the bottom line who won the Bisping fight, so I guess this isnt live??? I wont tell you who won.
                The event was in England so it happened during the middle of the day for us but
                they don't broadcast it til Primetime.. It kinda sucks because ESPN is starting
                to get on the UFC bandwagon and they show the results.

Sidenote, HUGE fight coming up for WEC, Jose Aldo vs Mike Brown for the
                featherweight battle. I got Aldo, but wouldn't be surprised if Brown takes him
                down and out muscles him.
                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• I'm as big a fan of Randy Coture that there is, but Brandon Vera got robbed last night.
                  sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                  Adopted By:
                  Broncbeat

Comment

I'm as big a fan of Randy Coture that there is, but Brandon Vera got robbed last night.
                    Was it as bad or worse then Machida and Hua???

I missed it last night, but am really gettin pretty friggin sick an tired of watching fights and afterwards sitting there asking myself "what fight were these judges watching?"
                    sigpic

Comment

• It wasn't as bad as that, but Vera did a lot of damage with kicks and knees in the 2nd round. He dropped Coture with a vicious knee but couldn't capitalize on the ground. Randy had him pressed against the fence quite a bit, but Vera landed more strikes and kicks. Vera was pretty upset after the fight, and I think he had every reason to be.
                      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                      Adopted By:
                      Broncbeat

Comment

It wasn't as bad as that, but Vera did a lot of damage with kicks and knees in the 2nd round. He dropped Coture with a vicious knee but couldn't capitalize on the ground. Randy had him pressed against the fence quite a bit, but Vera landed more strikes and kicks. Vera was pretty upset after the fight, and I think he had every reason to be.
                        I think its starting to get rediculous, how can a room full of people (like when you are at a bar or somethin for instance) all whether they are rooting for one guy or the other KNOW by watching that one fighter won the fight yet the judges give it to the other guy and leave an entire room like "WHAT???"

I see it happening more and more frequent and it just makes me ponder foul play, especially in the Machida fight, like he is more marketable for the UFC so they gave him the fight when it was pretty obvious that Hua won the fight, I dont know, maybe its just me.
                        sigpic

Comment

• It seems like if it is a close fight, the decision basically goes to the more "popular" fighter, which is rediculous. Vera IMO won the fight last night.

But how about some of those knockouts in the undercard fights. It was overall a good night of free fighting.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Does anyone foresee a Cain Velasquez vs. Shane Carwin Interim Champ fight coming? Lesnar is going to be out for a while with mono (per Dana White). Dana White said that there might be an interim champ coming.

What does eveyone see happening?
                            Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

• I would almost think they would have to have an interim champ. It will take a while for Lesnar to recover and get back into fighting shape.
                              sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                              Adopted By:
                              Broncbeat

Comment

• Brock Lesnar Seriously Ill

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/11/1...ite-there-is-a

White tells us Lesnar -- the UFC heavyweight champ -- is "very, very sick" with some sort of intestinal disorder, although listening to White, it sounds a lot more serious than that. White says the condition will require "major surgery."

White is going to visit Lesnar in the hospital and is trying to get him transferred to the Mayo Clinic, one of the most renowned medical facilities in the world.

White acknowledges the current condition is not mono but he will not be specific. White says the condition is not HIV or cancer.

And, White tells TMZ, "There's a possibility Lesnar will never fight again."
                                It's not mono, but that's the latest on Lesnar. Carwin also just had surgery on his knee so he's out for awhile. I don't think there will be an interim title. I think Lesnar will be stripped all together.

And I'm not remotely a Brock Lesnar fan, but he's a human being, and he just had a child. I hope he has a full recover, he's too young to be this sick.
                                Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

Working...
                                X