MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    They were both fighting at 170 so they were both at their natural weight as none of them cut weight. From his interviews he admitted to what you mentioned about the powershots.

McGregor is the better all around striker but Diaz takes the cake for pure boxing. Take a look at the fight, you might change your mind!

http://www.allfreefightvideos.com/20...ght-video.html

I don't want it to seem like I'm just completely bashing Conor but the guy showed huge holes in his game and in the rematch he probably could have knocked Diaz out but we'll never know now.
    Ok, so if I'm going to break it down...it's kind of hard for me, because they constantly have to respect the leg kicks and take downs, but here's what I saw from a boxing standpoint.

Compared to McGregor, Diaz is a lazy puncher with bad form. He's got a decent jab. Good ring generalship, keeping the jab in Connor's face. He didn't sit down on his punches much at all when he decided to throw combinations and got countered almost every time. Connor should have thrown his own jab, and moved. He allowed Diaz to stand there and flick the jab at him for long spots. Connor cleaned him with a couple jab, straight combinations, because Diaz opened up to throw a wide hook to counter the jab. Well, the left hand came behind it, and he got clocked. Then Connor smoked him a couple times with an overhand left counter, because Diaz is standing straight up on his back foot trying to throw wide lead hooks. That's a good way to get knocked out. Diaz never went to the body, and never circled or showed McGregor any angles whatsoever. Diaz's jab is so lazy...he rarely sits down on it, and leaves it hanging out there like he's trying to shake your hand. That's why McGregor clocked him with those left hooks.

All this being said, I realize these are five minute rounds, and these guys have to deal with leg kicks and take downs, so I get it. The striking aspect isn't going to be pure because of this, but Diaz could do a few things to improve dramatically. Not saying that I'm going to jump in an octagon with Nate Diaz or anything. He would probably own my ass with a submission so fast it would make my head spin. I'm just speaking from a fan perspective based on what I know and see watching him fight.

Comment

• So, Conner is not retired and is still ready to go for UFC 200 lol. That was fast.

Comment

• Conor fight still pulled from UFC 200

Honestly it wasn't a match I was really looking forward to anyhow... Conor tried to fight the bull and got bucked off. Who knows if this will still be the case in a week or two though..

Comment

• Jones vs Cormier 2 set to main event UFC 200 with the pulling of Conor's fight. I'd rather see this than Conor vs Diaz 2 but I might be the minority.

Comment

Jones vs Cormier 2 set to main event UFC 200 with the pulling of Conor's fight. I'd rather see this than Conor vs Diaz 2 but I might be the minority.

I just hope it's a "ready" Jones, not the rusty fighter we saw the other night.
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
              I read an article about Greg Jackson blaming the powerlifting for Jones gassing in the 5th round. It could be a mix of ring rust but apparently Jackson thinks it's the powerlifting that added to Jones looking like that.

Comment

DC probably was kicking himself for getting a booboo. Jones might at least be in good enough shape to smash him.

Still think the next card is the best card thus far of announced fights.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Winner of Aldo v Edgar will likely be Conor's next fight. Conor was told his next fight has to be a title defense or risk getting stripped of the belt.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Anybody else watching this seasons TUF? Has Joanna always been this annoying? I've been following Claudia for a while, but didn't have knowledge of Joanna until she got to the UFC.

Her showboating is the annoying kind. Like I give Conor a lot of smack, but he is at least entertaining. Joanna isn't entertaining.

SPOILERS:

As for yesterday's episode. I think Roundtree will be one of those guys that still gets a contract. His name has circled around, he has trained with Blackhouse before. He has some hype on, even Spider said he thinks Khaill could win the belt.

Hendricks fought hurt, might be reason for his poor condition. Dude was gased 2 mins into the first. He tried to stand up with Roundtree but noticed fast its not how he'd win. Played it smart.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      Winner of Aldo v Edgar will likely be Conor's next fight. Conor was told his next fight has to be a title defense or risk getting stripped of the belt.
                      Good! He needs to defend now.

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      Anybody else watching this seasons TUF? Has Joanna always been this annoying? I've been following Claudia for a while, but didn't have knowledge of Joanna until she got to the UFC.

Her showboating is the annoying kind. Like I give Conor a lot of smack, but he is at least entertaining. Joanna isn't entertaining.

SPOILERS:

As for yesterday's episode. I think Roundtree will be one of those guys that still gets a contract. His name has circled around, he has trained with Blackhouse before. He has some hype on, even Spider said he thinks Khaill could win the belt.

Hendricks fought hurt, might be reason for his poor condition. Dude was gased 2 mins into the first. He tried to stand up with Roundtree but noticed fast its not how he'd win. Played it smart.
                      I have it recored and plan a marathon catch up. So I'll get back to you. Thank you for posting the "spoiler" alert.. I didn't read.

Comment

Jones vs Cormier 2 set to main event UFC 200 with the pulling of Conor's fight. I'd rather see this than Conor vs Diaz 2 but I might be the minority.
                        You'd rather see a 5 rd fight decided by the judges? Mcgregor and Diaz wouldn't go 5, either Mcgregor drops him or Diaz submits him, I'd rather see a sure fight finish then Jones win by points, just my opinion.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good! He needs to defend now.
                          This cracks me up. Mcgregor ko'd Aldo in 13 seconds, ko'd the 3rd rank fighter in the division (Mendes) and beat the 5th ranked fighter Holloway. He attempted to go up in weight for the lightweight belt but Dos Anjos got injured, meanwhile Aldo and Edgar were throwing tantrums that he won't defend, then both were offered to step in for Dos Anjos and they both turned it down. All this in the 4 1/2 months since Mcgregor took Aldo's belt by knockout. Aldo defended his title 7 times in the 5 years he held the belt. That averages out to a title defense every 8 1/2 months.
                          Edgar vs Aldo makes more sense than an immediate rematch for Aldo vs Mcgregor or gifting Edgar a title even though he is 1-1 vs the top 5 fighter in the division and McGregor is 3-0.
                          IMO:Mcgregor should defend and then win or lose move to lightweight.permanently.
                          Last edited by 58Miller; 05-02-2016, 10:52 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                            Anybody else watching this seasons TUF? Has Joanna always been this annoying? I've been following Claudia for a while, but didn't have knowledge of Joanna until she got to the UFC.

SPOILERS:

I finally watched, and I agree- Joanna is annoying! And soo very "entitled"? DOn't like the attitude at all.

Comment

• Meh card tonight. Sturve was getting hella cocky after the fight. Might wanna claim down before UFC makes you fight someone serious and breaks tha jaw again.

Bigfoot.... I don't know why he tried to be so aggressive. He looked like a rookie desperate for his first win.

Overeem played it smart, baited Arlovski.

Gunnar looked great.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Bummer looks like silva is out of 198 feel bad for hall fly all the way to brazil only to find out your opponent canr fight

Comment

Working...
                                X