Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Nightwing View Post
    The only person who can definitively say if Brock Lesnar has done steroids is Brock Lesnar. Was there an opportunity for him to take them while in the WWE? Definitely. But it's just speculation on our part. I sincerely doubt he could have done them in the NFL without being tested, and the same goes for the UFC.

    His displays of athleticism and explosiveness in the UFC have been down right frightening, and that's without steroids. This is coming from someone who is pretty far from a Brock Lesnar fan. As Chillez can attest to. But I've also come to realize that the way he conducts himself is mostly to push the needle and fill seats. Do I approve? No, but I don't hate the man for making a living.

    For the record, the reason Fedor isn't in the UFC has nothing to do with Brock. Fedor throughout his career has faced a multitude of top ten heavyweights and never ducked anyone. I find it extremely difficult to believe that he would decline the contract offered because he was afraid of Brock Lesnar.

    Emelienaneko owns a large share of M-1 Global, and will continue to own said share long after he has retired. Turning down the UFC offer was a business decision. While I don't think the UFC should co-promote, that was M-1's sticking point. Strikeforce was willing to co-promote and that was why the deal got done. There are plenty of interesting match ups for Fedor within Strikeforce. Overeem would be the big fight. You're talking about someone who has K1 level striking.
    Great post I agree with everything you said here. I am HUGE fan of Fedor and think he would beat Brock ass he just more tencial stricker and is best ground fighter in the world. 31-1 speaks for itself he is a true legend pioneer of the sport and truly respectful fighter of MMA he is someone you can idolize and look up too. I love Fedor not gonna lie.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
      Though I see your point, there is nowhere near the level of competition at strikeforce as there is in the UFC, if Fedor wanted to prove that hes the best then the UFC is where he should be and he knows that. Buisness is buisness and if what you say is true then I guess that would make sense, but if I am him and I truly believe im the best I want to go where the best competition is and strikeforce is not where that is at.

      Brock Lesnar would hand Fedor his butt in a handbasket but thats just my opinion, and thats all it is, an opinion.

      Believe me, I would much rather have Fedor fighting in the UFC than in Strikeforce. I thought Dana was going to be able to pull it off but it takes two to make a deal, and M-1 Global just wasn't interested.

      Fedor has some decent fights since Strikeforce is willing to co-promote with Dream and others. Overeem, Werdum, Barnett (though I hope not), and a few others. Still, I would rather see him against the likes of Lesnar, Mir, Carwin, Valsquez, and dos Santos.

      I'm just not sure we're ever going to get the chance. I have a hard time picking a winner between Fedor and Brock, to be honest. Fedor has some of the most explosive submissions in MMA but Brock is improving every day that he trains. Stand up, I give to Fedor. Fedor just has insane power in his hands but once it hits the mat...I'm torn.

      First and foremost is just hoping that Brock Lesnar makes a full recovery. It seems like he will. If he drops the belt, I want it to be because someone beat him, not because of illness.
      Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

      It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Nightwing View Post
        Believe me, I would much rather have Fedor fighting in the UFC than in Strikeforce. I thought Dana was going to be able to pull it off but it takes two to make a deal, and M-1 Global just wasn't interested.

        Fedor has some decent fights since Strikeforce is willing to co-promote with Dream and others. Overeem, Werdum, Barnett (though I hope not), and a few others. Still, I would rather see him against the likes of Lesnar, Mir, Carwin, Valsquez, and dos Santos.

        I'm just not sure we're ever going to get the chance. I have a hard time picking a winner between Fedor and Brock, to be honest. Fedor has some of the most explosive submissions in MMA but Brock is improving every day that he trains. Stand up, I give to Fedor. Fedor just has insane power in his hands but once it hits the mat...I'm torn.

        First and foremost is just hoping that Brock Lesnar makes a full recovery. It seems like he will. If he drops the belt, I want it to be because someone beat him, not because of illness.
        Thats what makes MMA so great, you just never know, all it takes is that one shot and its lights out, anybody can get beat on anyday. Two fights I want to see more then anything......

        1. Anderson Silva vs GSP

        2. Healthy Brock Lesnar vs Fedor
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
          Actually Im not wrong, did I say Brock did steroids? Was there an accusation from me saying that I know that Lesnar uses or has used steroids??? I said that it wouldnt surprise me.

          In fact your wrong, cause you are making a statement in which you have no clue at all whatsoever about. You do NOT KNOW if Brock Lesnar has ever taken steroids or HGH.

          Stop taking so much offense to something that has nothing to do with your personal life, do you think Lesnar cares if your here defending his honor??

          Do you compleltey skip over all the good things I have posted about this guy you have smothered your signature with on a Broncos webcite with Quotes of your admiration of him?

          Him passing a drug test doesnt mean he hasnt done steroids, just want to make sure your aware of that, and hes never been tested for HGH (as far as I know being that they just created a test for it last year, and Im not sure if that test is even valid)

          I dont know, you dont know, so shouldnt we just drop it?? We both agree hes the best in his weight class, we both agree hes great, we both agree hes a champion, we both want him to get healthy and fight again.

          Brock Lesnar is not God..............
          Nope you are wrong stats say so, and I don't think Brock a god people like you just piss me off... Him never failing a test = clean why is that so hard for you too understand? He wrestled at 280 in College about same weight he is know wow man do you read or do any research?

          Why do you care IF I have a signature with on a Broncos website with Quotes of your admiration of him I was right wasn't I? I called it 2 years ago when many people didn't. On to Fedor lol all I gotta say I bet you haven't watched MMA for 3 years I bet. Fedor beaten 5 former UFC champions easily and they where all beat downs. 31-1 speaks for itself hes best p4p fighter in the world today Anderson Silva and GSP have few losses Fedor docent that lost shouldn't even count it was a cut early in the fight it was a bogus call by the ref.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Chillez View Post
            Nope you are wrong stats say so, and I don't think Brock a god people like you just piss me off... Him never failing a test = clean why is that so hard for you too understand? He wrestled at 280 in College about same weight he is know wow man do you read or do any research?

            Why do you care IF I have a signature with on a Broncos website with Quotes of your admiration of him I was right wasn't I? I called it 2 years ago when many people didn't. On to Fedor lol all I gotta say I bet you haven't watched MMA for 3 years I bet. Fedor beaten 5 former UFC champions easily and they where all beat downs. 31-1 speaks for itself hes best p4p fighter in the world today Anderson Silva and GSP have few losses Fedor docent that lost shouldn't even count it was a cut early in the fight it was a bogus call by the ref.
            My Dad's Sensae was Richard Hamilton, he had a hand in training Dan Severn and Mark Coleman, my father is pretty well rounded in Gracie Jiu-Jitzu, but as he is getting into his mid 50's has really stopped training all together, but AGAIN you are wrong as I have watched MMA since before there was a UFC.

            My 15 yr old brother wrestles 5A varsity and has been trained by my pops in MMA since he was very, very young, and continues to train here in Arizona at a well known MMA training facility called "The LAB"

            I myself though never interested in fighting MMA myself as I played college Baseball and 3 other sports in highschool have been around enough MMA from my father that just based on technique alone learned from him Im pretty sure I could submit a fair amount of people if I had to........

            Continue to think that just because Brock has never tested positive means hes never ever taken a steroid or HGH, thats not a fact.

            YOU DONT KNOW! Period.

            Sucks that I piss you off just because I have stated that if your hero Lesnar has done steroids that it wouldnt surprise me.....

            Im not here to argue over the internet, im here cause Im a Broncos fan, I hope Lesnar gets well soon, the sport needs him.

            Have a nice day.
            Last edited by thatkidhunt; 12-02-2009, 06:12 PM.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
              My Dad's Sensae was Richard Hamilton, he had a hand in training Dan Severn and Mark Coleman, my father is pretty well rounded in Gracie Jiu-Jitzu, but as he is getting into his mid 50's has really stopped training all together, but AGAIN you are wrong as I have watched MMA since before there was a UFC.

              My 15 yr old brother wrestles 5A varsity and has been trained by my pops in MMA since he was very, very young, and continues to train here in Arizona at a well known MMA training facility called "The LAB"

              I myself though never interested in fighting MMA myself as I played college Baseball and 3 other sports in highschool have been around enough MMA from my father that just based on technique alone learned from him Im pretty sure I could submit a fair amount of people if I had to........

              Continue to think that just because Brock has never tested positive means hes never ever taken a steroid or HGH, thats fact.

              YOU DONT KNOW! Period.

              Sucks that I piss you off just because I have stated that if your hero Lesnar has done steroidsthat it wouldnt surprise me.....

              Im not here to argue over the internet, im here cause Im a Broncos fan, I hope Lesnar gets well soon, the sport needs him.

              Have a nice day.
              I have no proof of anything you are saying so NO I don't believe you. I know Heath Herring I've been to his gym and one of my friends is his best friend he lives at his house. He's a big name and a UFC fighter today still. Also meet Chuck Liddell last summer And no you said I was "Brock Lover" not hero lol delusional at its best. You just cant admit that you were wrong and I had stats too back up my argument and you did not. Do some research next time just some advise.

              Have a nice day.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                I have no proof of anything you are saying so NO I don't believe you. I know Heath Herring I've been to his gym and one of my friends is his best friend he lives at his house. He's a big name and a UFC fighter today still. Also meet Chuck Liddell last summer And no you said I was "Brock Lover" not hero lol delusional at its best. You just cant admit that you were wrong and I had stats too back up my argument and you did not. Do some research next time just some advise.

                Have a nice day.
                I could care less if you believe me, doesnt affect my day brotha, I cant even make sense of what your saying in your rebuttles as your sentences are broken at best and I said you were both a Brock Lover AND that he was your hero, so? Your Point?

                Stats? lol that what? Hes never tested postitive for steroids?:clap: Good for you pal:thumb:

                I never said he did, so what "arguement" am I backing up? You posted a link to another webcite where plenty of other people think that there is a "chance" a man that large has taken some sort of performance enhancing drug at some point in his life, I on the other hand made no such claim, I simply said that it wouldnt surprise me.

                I dont need your advise thank you, you can barley speak in full sentences.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Him being in the WWE alone makes me doubt him ever not using performance enhancers at least once in his life. Fact is that kind of crap is everywhere there and like Kidhunt I'm not accusing him of it I just find it more likely that he has in fact done something.

                  Oh yeah my UFC picks..

                  Stefan Struve beats Oaul Buentello

                  Kenny Florian beats Clay Guida

                  Jon Fitch beats Mike Pierce

                  Frank Mir beats Cheick Kongo (I hope I'm wrong)

                  Diego beats BJ Penn (Purely a biased pick right there because I love that guy)

                  I am freakin pumped for this one...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                    I could care less if you believe me, doesnt affect my day brotha, I cant even make sense of what your saying in your rebuttles as your sentences are broken at best and I said you were both a Brock Lover AND that he was your hero, so? Your Point?

                    Stats? lol that what? Hes never tested postitive for steroids?:clap: Good for you pal:thumb:

                    I never said he did, so what "arguement" am I backing up? You posted a link to another webcite where plenty of other people think that there is a "chance" a man that large has taken some sort of performance enhancing drug at some point in his life, I on the other hand made no such claim, I simply said that it wouldnt surprise me.

                    I dont need your advise thank you, you can barley speak in full sentences.
                    You cant type with crap. You said you've been wacthing MMA before UFC so

                    are you 50 years old?

                    You cant back up your claim you just go off your opinion and you don't make

                    any damm sense. Epic Fail!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                      You cant type with crap. You said you've been wacthing MMA before UFC so

                      are you 50 years old?

                      You cant back up your claim you just go off your opinion and you don't make

                      any damm sense. Epic Fail!
                      No sir I am not, Mixed Martial Arts was performed before the UFC was created, you are aware of this right? (Mixed Martial Arts dates back to the early 1900's buddy)

                      My father first studied Ishin-Ru (I think thats how its spelled) Karate and then when his Sensae Richard Hamilton started to train Dan Severn is when my dad really started to learn the art of Gracie Jiu-Jitzu.

                      Im done talking with you.

                      Go stare at your Brock Lesnar Posters or something, good grief.
                      Last edited by thatkidhunt; 12-02-2009, 07:05 PM.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                        Him being in the WWE alone makes me doubt him ever not using performance enhancers at least once in his life. Fact is that kind of crap is everywhere there and like Kidhunt I'm not accusing him of it I just find it more likely that he has in fact done something.

                        Oh yeah my UFC picks..

                        Stefan Struve beats Oaul Buentello

                        Kenny Florian beats Clay Guida

                        Jon Fitch beats Mike Pierce

                        Frank Mir beats Cheick Kongo (I hope I'm wrong)

                        Diego beats BJ Penn (Purely a biased pick right there because I love that guy)

                        I am freakin pumped for this one...
                        I got Diego too, I just got a hunch, hes come a long way, and I really love the way he trains/fights.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                          Him being in the WWE alone makes me doubt him ever not using performance enhancers at least once in his life. Fact is that kind of crap is everywhere there and like Kidhunt I'm not accusing him of it I just find it more likely that he has in fact done something.

                          Oh yeah my UFC picks..

                          Stefan Struve beats Oaul Buentello

                          Kenny Florian beats Clay Guida

                          Jon Fitch beats Mike Pierce

                          Frank Mir beats Cheick Kongo (I hope I'm wrong)

                          Diego beats BJ Penn (Purely a biased pick right there because I love that guy)

                          I am freakin pumped for this one...
                          Guida is my boy!!!
                          sigpic

                          Adopted Posters:
                          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                          Adopted By:
                          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                          Broncbeat

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                            No sir I am not, Mixed Martial Arts was performed before the UFC was created, you are aware of this right?

                            My father first studied Ishin-Ru (I think thats how its spelled) Karate and then when his Sensae Richard Hamilton started to train Dan Severn is when my dad really started to learn the art of Gracie Jiu-Jitzu.

                            Im done talking with you.

                            Go stare at your Brock Lesnar Posters or something, good grief.

                            I know MMA was way before UFC put without Dana White no mainstream MMA or any at all.You said you were done talking with me but you keep coming back wont surprise me if you do again. I rather stare at Brock Lesnar poster than be some kind of wannabe judging by your profile picture. Couldn't imagine seeing someone like you in real ife....
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                              I know MMA was way before UFC put without Dana White no mainstream MMA or any at all.You said you were done talking with me but you keep coming back wont surprise me if you do again. I rather stare at Brock Lesnar poster than be some kind of wannabe judging by your profile picture. Couldn't imagine seeing someone like you in real ife....
                              A wannabe what?

                              Enlighten me.......
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                                Guida is my boy!!!
                                Guida is one tough SOB kinda like Heath Herring these guys will take a

                                beating and still come back to win at times. They got ton of heart thats for

                                sure!
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X