MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
    Should be a good fight. My moneys on cyborg but nunes is pretty badass herself. I wonder if not this fight as the main event what will fill the main event spot?? Who else?
    It is the last card of the year on Dec. 29th, and they tend to try to stack the last card.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      It is the last card of the year on Dec. 29th, and they tend to try to stack the last card.
      True. I'm excited for this and the khabib McGregor card

Comment

• I can't say I disagree with Blaydes. Lesnar walking back in to a title shot is a JOKE for sport. For money, I get it. But, still a JOKE.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/curtis-...171433537.html

After the crap-fest Lewis and Ngonnou put on in their fight, I hope Blaydes puts Ngonnou to sleep!

Comment

I can't say I disagree with Blaydes. Lesnar walking back in to a title shot is a JOKE for sport. For money, I get it. But, still a JOKE.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/curtis-...171433537.html

After the crap-fest Lewis and Ngonnou put on in their fight, I hope Blaydes puts Ngonnou to sleep!
          Till missed weight badly then got the title shot. Lesnar breathes steroids, caught after UFC 200 and gets a title shot. It's become a clown show.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
            Till missed weight badly then got the title shot. Lesnar breathes steroids, caught after UFC 200 and gets a title shot. It's become a clown show.
            Interim titles and people missing weight yet getting title shots. Wme trying to pay off that 4 billion dollar debt. I like till but he needs to make weight

Comment

• That's really all it is. The new ownership made an investment that isnt making them the money they thought it would make. So desperate money fights are being made and logic is being ignored.

The UFC is a joke right now and everything Brendan Schaub said about the UFC and Dana is true.

The sport went from fastest growing to slowly becoming irrelevant. UFC misses Joe Silva and the Fertitta Brother's.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Just making money by any means is such a short-term vision. They should put things in order to build the credibility of the promotion and then make that money long-term. Build the brand the right way.

They promoted Colby Covington all the way to an interim title fight, then he wins the interim belt in June. However, because he did not take a fight in September, only 3 months apart from his last fight, they are going to strip his interim belt and move on with a title fight with a contender that just missed weight by 3.5 pounds. It's mind boggling.

The Brock Lesnar situation is not even worth discussing further. It's a joke that he's even allowed back in the UFC, not to mention getting a title shot right away.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                  Just making money by any means is such a short-term vision. They should put things in order to build the credibility of the promotion and then make that money long-term. Build the brand the right way.

They promoted Colby Covington all the way to an interim title fight, then he wins the interim belt in June. However, because he did not take a fight in September, only 3 months apart from his last fight, they are going to strip his interim belt and move on with a title fight with a contender that just missed weight by 3.5 pounds. It's mind boggling.

The Brock Lesnar situation is not even worth discussing further. It's a joke that he's even allowed back in the UFC, not to mention getting a title shot right away.
                  You are 100% correct. They are killing the brand the way they are going about things.

Comment

• Why am I starting to get excited to watch this Saturday?

Comment

Why am I starting to get excited to watch this Saturday?
                      There are a string of good fights. Too bad I'll be at a wedding alllll night Saturday. Maybe i can slip away

Comment

• Originally posted by captainbronco View Post
                        There are a string of good fights. Too bad I'll be at a wedding alllll night Saturday. Maybe i can slip away
                        Weddings are fun... until they interupt things.

Comment

• I'm glad there is so much media buzz for this weekend. It helps the static state the UFC is in. But that's just the power of Conor.

I wish these media outlets would shine lights on the other fights because the card is nice.

Tony v. Pettis should be entertaining as hell.
                          Ovince v Reyes might surprise people.
                          Black beast v. Kolkov will be a banger, and dont be surprised if Kolkov wins.

Karate Hottie v. Felice will be good.

Prelims look nice too.

Little Pettis v. Jussier.

Even Gray Maynard and Lentz are on the card.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                            I'm glad there is so much media buzz for this weekend. It helps the static state the UFC is in. But that's just the power of Conor.

I wish these media outlets would shine lights on the other fights because the card is nice.

Tony v. Pettis should be entertaining as hell.
                            Ovince v Reyes might surprise people.
                            Black beast v. Kolkov will be a banger, and dont be surprised if Kolkov wins.

Karate Hottie v. Felice will be good.

Prelims look nice too.

Little Pettis v. Jussier.

Even Gray Maynard and Lentz are on the card.
                            It is a good card, that's for sure!

Comment

• super stoked for this card, hope everyone enjoys the fights!
                              sigpic

Comment

• I want Khabib to win, but I'm concerned about his tendency to leave his chin exposed during exchanges. He ate some good shots from Michael Johnson and Al Iaquinta, but I'm not sure he can take those shots from Conor. As I said, I still hope to one day see Khabib vs Ferguson, so I hope both win.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X