Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar...ad.php?t=15568

    Idk how to upload the gif ^

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Senses Fail View Post
      Thanks :salute!:

      It could go either way, he did drop him and Mir didnt get hit. So for that 30 secs of the fight he did outstrike him But it was short and they didnt exchange much so I see your point.. I was rooting for Mir so I might sound a little bias lol
      I was rooting for Mir as well, he is definitley a focused determined man right now. I have never seen him so in shape, dude is shredded. He claims his pure focus is to get revenge on Brock so I am really hoping ( not that I wasnt before) that Lesnar gets healthy quick. I think there needs to be a Mir/Lesnar 3 even though there are a few other heavyweight fights I would like to see other then that.

      How about that cut on Diegos forehead, WOW!
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
        I was rooting for Mir as well, he is definitley a focused determined man right now. I have never seen him so in shape, dude is shredded. He claims his pure focus is to get revenge on Brock so I am really hoping ( not that I wasnt before) that Lesnar gets healthy quick. I think there needs to be a Mir/Lesnar 3 even though there are a few other heavyweight fights I would like to see other then that.

        How about that cut on Diegos forehead, WOW!
        What other heavyweight fight would you wanna see?
        sigpic

        Comment


        • ^ How about Cain Velasquez vs Shane Carwin
          sigpic
          Fly Smart. Fly Bell.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BVP View Post
            What other heavyweight fight would you wanna see?
            Originally posted by Flying_Dutchman View Post
            ^ How about Cain Velasquez vs Shane Carwin
            Yes, Carwin vs Velasquez, also I was really excited about Lesnar vs Carwin before Brock got sick. My pops swears Carwin would beat Brock but I just dont see it happening. I also would love to see a healthy Brock vs Fedor but that just is going to happen.

            My top 2 fights I would want to see

            1. Healthy Lesnar vs Fedor and/or Carwin

            2. GSP vs Anderson Silva (either GSP fights 185 or Silva cuts to 170)
            sigpic

            Comment


            • My money would have been on Carwin in that Carwin vs Lesnar fight.... Carwin may not be a big name but if I remember correctly his 11-0 record has all been 1st round wins.

              Edit: Size wise, Carwin is 2" taller than Lesnar, and both are 265lbs.
              Last edited by Flying_Dutchman; 12-13-2009, 10:32 PM.
              sigpic
              Fly Smart. Fly Bell.

              Comment


              • UFC 107 was a impressive night of fights Diego got his ass handed to him the entire fight against BJ I don't see anyone beating him at 155.. I was impressed with Mir he added 25 pounds of muscle TKO victory over Kongo was very fast but if Brock comes back healthy and strong Mir won't be able to stop Brock's takedowns the entire fight.

                Brock will win by GNP guarantee it write it down! Brock is just better overall athlete and trains with 7x time Brazilian jitsu world champion Mir wont submit him like the 1st fight they had and Mir almost lost.
                Last edited by Chillez; 12-14-2009, 03:21 AM.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Mir doesn't have to stop Brock's take downs in fact that's how he beat him Lesnar was getting over confident and bang Mir grabed him in a leg lock and Lesnar Tapped like a *****

                  why does everyone give Lesnar all this BS hype like he's the savior of everysport he trys in the WWE he was the next big thing to bring back Pro Wrestling in the NFL he was Brock Lesnar former WWE Champion trying to play Pro Football and now in the UFC everyone is WOW it's Brock ****in Lesnar he's AWESOME he can't be stopped (except by Frank Mir) WOW OH MY GOD I JUST PISSED MY PANTS BECAUSE LESNAR'S IN THE UFC

                  What's the big F'N Deal

                  he had one fight before his UFC career began and now everyone's like Brock V. Fedor PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

                  WHY

                  I hate Brock Lesnar he shouldn't be the UFC Heavyweoght Champion and if that fight that Frank Mir just won against Kongo makes him the interum Champion then fine have him face Carwin and the Winner is the New UFC Heavyweight Champion

                  the question i have asked and no one has answered yet is Why didn't they strip Lesnar for not being able to fight ? they've done it to WAY BETTER fighters before ... Why not Brock ?

                  Comment


                  • Comment


                    • Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
                      okay i have a question

                      why is Brock Lesnar still the UFC Heavyweight Champion ?

                      he was advertised to fight @ UFC 106 and defend his Championship but couldn't because of his sickness right ?

                      so shouldn't have the UFC stripped him of his Championship ? they've done it before right after Frank Mir had his wreck they took his Championship ... Why not take Brock's and when theres rumors that he may never fight again ? what do they want him to retire the UFC Champion ? even if he does they just make another guy their new Champion.

                      I say strip Lesnar (he doesn't deserve it anyway) and set up a match for the New UFC Heavyweight Champion i would love to see either

                      Cheick Kongo vs. Frank Mir

                      Or

                      Cheick Kongo vs. Matt Hamill

                      i think it was UFC 92 Kongo destroyed this dude and asked to be named #1 Contender to the UFC Heavyweight Championship after UFC 100 and the match up between Lesnar and Mir

                      and here we are and Cheick still hasn't gotten his shot

                      WAR the REMATCH between Jon Fitch and Georges St. Pierre for the Welterweight Championship
                      Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                      Nah man, you dont just strip the man of his belt, you got to give him a chance to come back and fight, it isnt his fault (that I know of) that he got sick and is unable to compete. Brock Lesnar is a beast of a man, and before his illness from what I understand was training his tail off to get better and you can bet your bottom doller that if Lesnar gets healthy and continues to put the pedal to the metal working his MMA skill set that he will be a champion and a force to be reckoned with for many years to come.
                      Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
                      Mir doesn't have to stop Brock's take downs in fact that's how he beat him Lesnar was getting over confident and bang Mir grabed him in a leg lock and Lesnar Tapped like a *****

                      why does everyone give Lesnar all this BS hype like he's the savior of everysport he trys in the WWE he was the next big thing to bring back Pro Wrestling in the NFL he was Brock Lesnar former WWE Champion trying to play Pro Football and now in the UFC everyone is WOW it's Brock ****in Lesnar he's AWESOME he can't be stopped (except by Frank Mir) WOW OH MY GOD I JUST PISSED MY PANTS BECAUSE LESNAR'S IN THE UFC

                      What's the big F'N Deal

                      he had one fight before his UFC career began and now everyone's like Brock V. Fedor PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

                      WHY

                      I hate Brock Lesnar he shouldn't be the UFC Heavyweoght Champion and if that fight that Frank Mir just won against Kongo makes him the interum Champion then fine have him face Carwin and the Winner is the New UFC Heavyweight Champion

                      the question i have asked and no one has answered yet is Why didn't they strip Lesnar for not being able to fight ? they've done it to WAY BETTER fighters before ... Why not Brock ?

                      Wierd, thought that was a pretty thorough explanation but I guess not, let it go dude, Lesnar is not getting stripped of anything, the man got sick, it is out of his control, put the hateraide down, you sound ignorant, seriously.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
                        Mir doesn't have to stop Brock's take downs in fact that's how he beat him Lesnar was getting over confident and bang Mir grabed him in a leg lock and Lesnar Tapped like a *****

                        why does everyone give Lesnar all this BS hype like he's the savior of everysport he trys in the WWE he was the next big thing to bring back Pro Wrestling in the NFL he was Brock Lesnar former WWE Champion trying to play Pro Football and now in the UFC everyone is WOW it's Brock ****in Lesnar he's AWESOME he can't be stopped (except by Frank Mir) WOW OH MY GOD I JUST PISSED MY PANTS BECAUSE LESNAR'S IN THE UFC

                        What's the big F'N Deal

                        he had one fight before his UFC career began and now everyone's like Brock V. Fedor PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

                        WHY

                        I hate Brock Lesnar he shouldn't be the UFC Heavyweoght Champion and if that fight that Frank Mir just won against Kongo makes him the interum Champion then fine have him face Carwin and the Winner is the New UFC Heavyweight Champion

                        the question i have asked and no one has answered yet is Why didn't they strip Lesnar for not being able to fight ? they've done it to WAY BETTER fighters before ... Why not Brock ?
                        They have never stripped a fighter of their belt for a short term injury so why
                        would they for a sickness just because you don't like them??

                        Sorry, i hate Brock as much as anyone else, but he should not be stripped of
                        HIS belt because he is sick... If that was the case we should strip Anderson
                        Silva because he had to move back his fight with Belfort because of his elbow
                        surgery, or GSP because he was sidelined for a bit because of his abductor muscle,
                        or BJ Penn because he usually waits a full year between title fights. We wouldn't
                        have any Champions if you had a say in this!
                        Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                        ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                          UFC 107 was a impressive night of fights Diego got his ass handed to him the entire fight against BJ I don't see anyone beating him at 155.. I was impressed with Mir he added 25 pounds of muscle TKO victory over Kongo was very fast but if Brock comes back healthy and strong Mir won't be able to stop Brock's takedowns the entire fight.

                          Brock will win by GNP guarantee it write it down! Brock is just better overall athlete and trains with 7x time Brazilian jitsu world champion Mir wont submit him like the 1st fight they had and Mir almost lost.
                          I'm pretty excited about the fight. No doubt it could go the way of the second match up, but if Mir can even stop one or two takedowns, Brock is going to be in a world of hurt on his feet. Of course if Brock gets the takedown and Frank is unable to explode out, it'll be another GnP victory.

                          I'm pumped.

                          And Shane Carwin and Frank Mir have both made it official. An interim belt is being created and they're fighting for it at UFC 111. I think this means Brock is most likely going to have to have major surgery. Which sucks, I wish him a full recovery. But seeing how Mir does against Carwin will show if he's improved enough to fight Lesnar again.
                          Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

                          It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

                          Comment


                          • F that

                            Frank Mir doesn't have to prove anything to anyone let alone Brock Lesnar

                            and Screw Lesnar i don't care if he never comes back

                            however it's good to see the UFC finally be fair and do the right thing and make a Championship match Mir Vs. Carwin should be great

                            now it's time for Georges "Rush" St.Pierre vs. Anderson "the spider" Silva

                            either have GSP move or have Silva move but make it happen PLEASE

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
                              F that

                              Frank Mir doesn't have to prove anything to anyone let alone Brock Lesnar

                              and Screw Lesnar i don't care if he never comes back

                              however it's good to see the UFC finally be fair and do the right thing and make a Championship match Mir Vs. Carwin should be great

                              now it's time for Georges "Rush" St.Pierre vs. Anderson "the spider" Silva

                              either have GSP move or have Silva move but make it happen PLEASE
                              Frank Mir has to prove he can beat Carwin... And it's an Interm HW Title, just
                              like I said... And Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos are getting screwed
                              because Mir is more known and easier to hype.

                              And Anderson can't move down.. He has fought at 205 so no way he can cut
                              down to 170, and GSP has already said if he moves up to 185 he is going to
                              do it the right way by building muscle over a longer period of time. You have
                              a while to wait for that fight.
                              Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                              ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
                                Frank Mir has to prove he can beat Carwin... And it's an Interm HW Title, just
                                like I said... And Cain Velasquez and Junior Dos Santos are getting screwed
                                because Mir is more known and easier to hype.

                                And Anderson can't move down.. He has fought at 205 so no way he can cut
                                down to 170, and GSP has already said if he moves up to 185 he is going to
                                do it the right way by building muscle over a longer period of time. You have
                                a while to wait for that fight.
                                There has been talk of a catchweight fight between GSP and Silva, but like you said, how much more weight can Silva cut? I heard he walks around at 215 pounds.

                                I'd honestly like to see Silva get a shot at the Light Heavyweight title. He's already destroyed the fromer 205 champ Forrest Griffin. It's got to be better competition than anyone he would face at 185.
                                sigpic

                                Adopted Posters:
                                Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                                Adopted By:
                                Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                                Broncbeat

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X