No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man i just realized that im going to have to wake up at 9am to watch UFC 112.
    Now go get your shine box

Comment

• am i the only one excited for ufc 112?

Anderson "THE SPIDER" Silva will have a KO victory today.

Comment

• If Silva does his "Hey I'm the champ so I'm going to play conservative" crap again I'll be pissed. With that being said here are my picks.

Mark Munoz beats Kendall Grove by KO

I have no clue who Terry Etim or Rafael Dos Anjos are so I won't weigh in on that one.

Matt Hughes beats Renzo Gracie by decision

B.J. Penn beats Frankie Edgar by submission

Anderson Silva beats Demian Maia by decision

Comment

• My paperview whent to shi.

this sucks.

i really wanted to watch it live.

Comment

• After watching the main event of the PPV, I can honesty say I never want to watch another Anderson Silva fight again.
            Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightwing View Post
              After watching the main event of the PPV, I can honesty say I never want to watch another Anderson Silva fight again.
              I will Silva is The Most Dangerous Man In The World.

i was dissapointed in the last two rounds but hey he put on a show.

GSP VS. SILVA is going to be sick.

Silva is still my favorite fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                I will Silva is The Most Dangerous Man In The World.

i was dissapointed in the last two rounds but hey he put on a show.

GSP VS. SILVA is going to be sick.

Silva is still my favorite fighter.
                Anderson Silva is a superbly talented human being; but that fight was one of the most disappointing and embarrassing things that I've ever seen, and this is just my opinion.

Rogan cited Ali as an inspiration for Silva but there's a HUGE difference in what the two of them did as far as entertainment and showmanship. Ali might have danced and taunted, but you knew he was going to deliver. At the end of the day, when it counted, he was going to take the fight to his opponent.

Anderson Silva doesn't do that, not on a consistent basis. His taunting was rude, at that's putting it lightly, and instead of embarrassing Maia he embarrassed himself. He showed that at any moment, he could have ended the fight in some brutal fashion. I think it was obvious to most fans and to even Maia himself. Instead of doing that he was happy to coast along without pressing the action.

It was a repeat of the way that he carried himself in the Leties fight, and the Cote fight, but to a much worse degree.

Anderson Silva is the undisputed champion, and in the top 3 of most pound for pound rankings. He should be held to a higher standard. Maia can be blamed for some of the inactivity in the fight, but Anderson should take the majority of the responsibility.

I have no interest in watching someone put on such a strange showing, but again, just my opinion. I can understand why you like him, and when he wants to be, he's a very very dangerous fighter, but that doesn't happen lately in his fights, except for Forrest.

If he clowns around like that again GSP, he'll get beaten soundly.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

• Thought I would add this, Dana White's exact words from the post-fight press conference.

(When asked if about a future GSP vs Anderson Silva fight)
                  Dana White: I don't want to see GSP vs. Silva after tonight. Silva might be the first champion fighting on a prelim. I don't want to see that ****

Comment

• Anderson SIlva did have poor sportsmanship tonight I do agree with that.

But if Silva wants to the best fighter in the world I think Dana has to give Silva a real challenge this time.

It would be easy for silva to cut down to 170 and fight GSP.

Or if not have Silva move back up to Lightheavyweight and fight a contender.

Maurcio Shogan Rua? someone who wont back down like Mia.

Comment

• I am confused on which way to go with this...

1) Does Silva just hate fighting Brazilians?? Everyone sites his three worst fights,
                      Lietes, Cote, and now Maia and all three are Brazilians. Is he just trying not to
                      cause severe harm to the because he feels a national connection? But if that
                      was the case why would he taunt them?

2) He was proving a point to Dana and everyone else: Give me top fights not this
                      garbage. Maia clearly didnt deserve to be in the octagon with him, maybe he is
                      trying to tell Dana he only wants big fights. But with that being said, would it
                      have been more productive to toy with Maia the whole fight then finish him, cuz
                      he clearly could have at will.

3) He is just flat out bored with fighting. Period. But again, wouldnt he finish the
                      fight as soon as possible then if he didnt want to fight?
                      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Anderson Silva is a superbly talented human being; but that fight was one of the most disappointing and embarrassing things that I've ever seen, and this is just my opinion.

Rogan cited Ali as an inspiration for Silva but there's a HUGE difference in what the two of them did as far as entertainment and showmanship. Ali might have danced and taunted, but you knew he was going to deliver. At the end of the day, when it counted, he was going to take the fight to his opponent.

Anderson Silva doesn't do that, not on a consistent basis. His taunting was rude, at that's putting it lightly, and instead of embarrassing Maia he embarrassed himself. He showed that at any moment, he could have ended the fight in some brutal fashion. I think it was obvious to most fans and to even Maia himself. Instead of doing that he was happy to coast along without pressing the action.

It was a repeat of the way that he carried himself in the Leties fight, and the Cote fight, but to a much worse degree.

Anderson Silva is the undisputed champion, and in the top 3 of most pound for pound rankings. He should be held to a higher standard. Maia can be blamed for some of the inactivity in the fight, but Anderson should take the majority of the responsibility.

I have no interest in watching someone put on such a strange showing, but again, just my opinion. I can understand why you like him, and when he wants to be, he's a very very dangerous fighter, but that doesn't happen lately in his fights, except for Forrest.

If he clowns around like that again GSP, he'll get beaten soundly.
                        I completely agree. His talent is unquestionable. One of the best pound for pound fighters we have seen in quite some time. However, his attitude is garbage. This is not the first time we have seen it and I for one don't really care to watch him fight if he continues these antics. With that being said, I would like to see him fighting much better talent, which seems to be the reason he is acting out like this in the first place.
                        sigpic

Comment

• What the hell happened to BJ? He was just standing there when he should have taken it to the ground. Beyond off game for him and I honestly think he was gassed mid way through the fight.

Anderson Silva is a punk. Yeah it's cool to taunt and act like you're a big shot if you actually finish the fight like you could have.....

Props to the Munoz and Grove fight because that was a fight.

I feel bad for whoever spent 50 bucks on this PPV because I would have asked for a damn refund.

Comment

After watching the main event of the PPV, I can honesty say I never want to watch another Anderson Silva fight again.
                            I agree Ill probably not get another PPV where that guy is the main event. I know its not likely to happen but I really hope whoever he fights knocks himout i really dont like that guy.
                            sigpic
                            photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

• IMO this has to do with the amount of money the fighters are getting paid. I think you may see more of this from the bigger names as the UFC continues to make money hand over fist yet the fighters are only getting chump change in comparision.

They just sold 10 percent for how much?? I have never been a fan of Anderson's cockiness and maybe it is his way of saying "give me a real fight" but I happen to think that money is a major factor in Anderson Silvas antics last night.

Its the same thing with why Fedor wont get involved with the UFC is it not?? He can make more money outside of the UFC. Maybe Silva is starting to look at things the way Fedor has?? Who knows, but I think these top UFC athletes should be paid a little more for the sacrifice they make in order to succeed in the sport. If the UFC is making this kind of money then Dana needs to pay these guys what they are worth.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                                IMO this has to do with the amount of money the fighters are getting paid. I think you may see more of this from the bigger names as the UFC continues to make money hand over fist yet the fighters are only getting chump change in comparision.

They just sold 10 percent for how much?? I have never been a fan of Anderson's cockiness and maybe it is his way of saying "give me a real fight" but I happen to think that money is a major factor in Anderson Silvas antics last night.

Its the same thing with why Fedor wont get involved with the UFC is it not?? He can make more money outside of the UFC. Maybe Silva is starting to look at things the way Fedor has?? Who knows, but I think these top UFC athletes should be paid a little more for the sacrifice they make in order to succeed in the sport. If the UFC is making this kind of money then Dana needs to pay these guys what they are worth.
                                The reason UFC couldnt get Fedor signed, this last time, was because M-1
                                Global (Fedor's agent more or less) demanded a rather large cut of every paper
                                view that had Fedor on it and co-promotion with UFC...

That benefits UFC very little, actually seeing that only hardcore fans know who
                                Fedor is it would have benefited the UFC none while bringing riches (so to speak)
                                to M-1 Global.

That being said, fighters do get paid piss poor, but Silva has been open about
                                getting bored and wanting to retire once his contract up... I think he is really
                                just tired of getting no name fighters in the cage with him.
                                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X