Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
    The reason UFC couldnt get Fedor signed, this last time, was because M-1
    Global (Fedor's agent more or less) demanded a rather large cut of every paper
    view that had Fedor on it and co-promotion with UFC...

That benefits UFC very little, actually seeing that only hardcore fans know who
    Fedor is it would have benefited the UFC none while bringing riches (so to speak)
    to M-1 Global.

That being said, fighters do get paid piss poor, but Silva has been open about
    getting bored and wanting to retire once his contract up... I think he is really
    just tired of getting no name fighters in the cage with him.

From what i heard Dana say in alot of interviews is that he offered emelianenko a lot of money and according to dana a very good deal.

dana said fedors camp wanted more out of the contract and that the two sides couldnt agree.

but fedor said in an interview that if the ufc could accomidate his needs he would be fighting in the ufc tommorow.

I like dana white he likes to please the fans and give us the fights we want I wouldnt be supprised to see fedor in the UFC in the distant future strikeforce cant pay him like the ufc.

I wouldnt be supprised to see fedor make 100k per fight in UFC.

As for silva hes my favorite fighter and as a fan i was dissapointed to see him put on such a poor performence against miaia.

yea miaia sucks but atleast he tried to put on a show.

I thought it was entertaining to see the spider in the first 3 rounds but after that i dont know what happend.

Dana should give silva what he wants and put him in the octogan with high level opponents.

one way we could fix this is to put Silva in the ring against Shogan because he wont fight machida, rashad evans or jackson or move him down to 170 to fight GSP or put him in a catchweight fight against frank mir. Or put him up against Wanderlei Silva those guys hate each other thier rivalry dates back to the chute boxe days.

spider is just too good for the middleweight division.
    Now go get your shine box

Comment

• I missed the fights... what all happened?
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BVP View Post
        I missed the fights... what all happened?
        Matt hughes pretty much took care of gracie.

BJ penn lost but didnt seem like the BJ that we all seen in the past. props to frankie edger he had a plan and it worked.

Silva decided to put on a show by showboating and making miaia his little female dog it was entertaining for the first 3 rounds but then it just turned into a bore fest and silva couldnt finish it.

but he messed miaia up pretty bad and won.

Comment

• Originally posted by jc13 View Post
          Matt hughes pretty much took care of gracie.

BJ penn lost but didnt seem like the BJ that we all seen in the past. props to frankie edger he had a plan and it worked.

Silva decided to put on a show by showboating and making miaia his little female dog it was entertaining for the first 3 rounds but then it just turned into a bore fest and silva couldnt finish it.

but he messed miaia up pretty bad and won.
          But why is everyone all mad at Silva? And especially White?
          sigpic

Comment

It was a dissapointing performence by silva.

it was fun fo rhte first 3 rounds but then he just kinda got boring and couldnt finish the fight.

Dana White is mad because its bad for his bussiness and for the fans.

Comment

• Fights were pretty much a joke... Gracie gave matt hughes his hand to help him up? Seriously? It's a FIGHT! Anderson Silva is immensly talented, but I cannot stand the guy, he's a complete idiot.
              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                Fights were pretty much a joke... Gracie gave matt hughes his hand to help him up? Seriously? It's a FIGHT! Anderson Silva is immensly talented, but I cannot stand the guy, he's a complete idiot.
                Its called sportsmanship i thought i was a classy move by hughes to help gracie up.

his legs were battered up and gracie showed that he has guts because he wanted to continue the fight even though he could hardley keep his balance.

Comment

Its called sportsmanship i thought i was a classy move by hughes to help gracie up.

his legs were battered up and gracie showed that he has guts because he wanted to continue the fight even though he could hardley keep his balance.
                  Dude it's a fight, i can see him helping him up at the end of the round or at the end of the fight, but until the time runs out in each round they should be trying to end the fight. I have never seen that during any fight
                  sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Dude it's a fight, i can see him helping him up at the end of the round or at the end of the fight, but until the time runs out in each round they should be trying to end the fight. I have never seen that during any fight
                    eh well if you ever notice alot of these fighters never have badblood against thier opponents.

thats not entirely true.

silva didnt like miaia.

but fighters like coutoure,hughes,machida,and sometimes anderson silva show lots of respect fore their opponents oh and fedor also.

then theirs the *******s like tito ortiz , rashad evans , and some other fighters who have no respect and no class.

Comment

eh well if you ever notice alot of these fighters never have badblood against thier opponents.

thats not entirely true.

silva didnt like miaia.

but fighters like coutoure,hughes,machida,and sometimes anderson silva show lots of respect fore their opponents oh and fedor also.

then theirs the *******s like tito ortiz , rashad evans , and some other fighters who have no respect and no class.
                      Anderson silva is a lot of things, but I wouldn't say classy is one of them. Hell I like Brock Lesnar, but I'm not wearing blinders and saying he is something he's not. He's far from classy.
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Anderson silva is a lot of things, but I wouldn't say classy is one of them. Hell I like Brock Lesnar, but I'm not wearing blinders and saying he is something he's not. He's far from classy.
                        Silva ussualy shows alot of respect to his opponents BEFORE the fight and AFTER the fight but during the fight he turns into the SPIDER and becomes a disrespectful fighter but SILVA is my favorite fighter so i dont mind his swagger.

I respect brocks trash talk because hes ussualy defending himself Mir said some pretty stupid things but most of the public trash talk that we have heard from lesnar is reasonable if that makes any sense.

Comment

They are mad at him for a lot of reasons:

1) he was taunting Maia the whole fight, people that could understand him said
                          he was saying some pretty disrespectful things

2) He could have finished Maia at any time of this choosing but chose not to

3) After round 3 he barely threw any punches/kicks and just ran around the octagon
                          for two rounds, so much to in which the ref gave him a warning to actually fight
                          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• BJ won the first 3 rounds and shouldve won the fight.....when the one judges scorecard was 150-145 i almost puked
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jaycuthroat View Post
                              BJ won the first 3 rounds and shouldve won the fight.....when the one judges scorecard was 150-145 i almost puked
                              Based on what i saw BJ lost the fight and he looked off and slow during the fight!

Frankie Edger was the better man!

Comment

• Dana White just confirmed on Jim Rome that Anderson Silva will face Chael Sonnen as his next opponent.

He also mentioned that he will cut Silva if he dissapoints.

Comment

Working...
                                X