Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    just a heads up:

    Wednesday night at 7:00 ish on channel Versus, WEC(owned by UFC) is showing an awesome card for free. Urijah Faber defends his title against Mike brown, Paulo Filho defends his title once again against Chael Sonnen to put an end to the speculation over their controversial first fight. Also, former ufc LW champion Jens Pulver takes on Lenard Garcia at 145lbs. This card is top notch mma and its free, so if you have "Versus" channel, you should watch it for sure

    Comment


    • #47
      Randy keeps the HW title this weekend via Rear Naked Choke.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
        Randy keeps the HW title this weekend via Rear Naked Choke.
        I dunno... it's gonna be fun to see this fight.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
          I dunno... it's gonna be fun to see this fight.

          agreed, i think randy gets stomped in this one. it comes down to this.....can randy prevent that beast from taking him down?

          randy wont be able to take BL down, his only chance is to either keep it standing and win a decision via dirty boxing.

          or get taken down by BL and somehow pull off a sub off his back?

          randy is screwed, i will never count him totally out but the odds have never been this bad for him, he has very little chance to win this fight imo.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #50
            i just realized something....there are two mma thread's lol i forgot all about that one.

            http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=117927
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #51
              I cannot wait for this fight!

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                agreed, i think randy gets stomped in this one. it comes down to this.....can randy prevent that beast from taking him down?

                randy wont be able to take BL down, his only chance is to either keep it standing and win a decision via dirty boxing.

                or get taken down by BL and somehow pull off a sub off his back?

                randy is screwed, i will never count him totally out but the odds have never been this bad for him, he has very little chance to win this fight imo.

                Randy does seem to have the cards stacked against him... but this one is gonna be fun! 22 more hours til the card starts. I can't wait to see how it goes down! I can't wait to see if Brock is as clse to "legit" as a lot are saying. I'd have LOVED to see him take Kimbo apart.... *sigh*... but that'll never happen.....
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                Comment


                • #53
                  how many of you are hardcore fans? As in do not miss a payperview, now the vast majority of the fight game and cant go without watching an event?

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
                    how many of you are hardcore fans? As in do not miss a payperview, now the vast majority of the fight game and cant go without watching an event?

                    i watch every event either via ppv or on the internet, the ufc that is. i watch the other mma events too if they have quality fights but that is rare anymore aside from affliction or the WEC.

                    that said, enjoy the fights tonight....go randy!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      i watch every event either via ppv or on the internet, the ufc that is. i watch the other mma events too if they have quality fights but that is rare anymore aside from affliction or the WEC.

                      that said, enjoy the fights tonight....go randy!
                      Yeah! Cheers to a good card! and WAR Randy!


                      randy by RNC.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
                        Yeah! Cheers to a good card! and WAR Randy!


                        randy by RNC.
                        i want randy to win but it isnt gonna happen i dont think.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I think Brock has a better chance winning the fight if he does so early on. Randy has had a lot of fights in his career and a lot of experience so the longer the fight goes on especially if Brock uses a lot of energy trying to shoot and running at Randy than the upper hand goes to Randy. I hope this fight stands up to all of the hype that it's going to be the biggest UFC fight ever.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Randy was winning before Brock landed a good shot then finished Randy off
                            on the ground.

                            I think what we saw in this fight is that Brock isnt near as dominant as we thought.
                            Herring couldnt get out from under Brock once in 3 rounds, Randy did it 3 times
                            in the first round. Randy was killing Brock in the clinch and coming out of the
                            clinch, he just got caught after ducking a left.

                            I hope Brock has to fight another good oppenent cuz I know his hype train is
                            setting to take off.
                            Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                            ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
                              Randy was winning before Brock landed a good shot then finished Randy off
                              on the ground.

                              I think what we saw in this fight is that Brock isnt near as dominant as we thought.
                              Herring couldnt get out from under Brock once in 3 rounds, Randy did it 3 times
                              in the first round. Randy was killing Brock in the clinch and coming out of the
                              clinch, he just got caught after ducking a left.

                              I hope Brock has to fight another good oppenent cuz I know his hype train is
                              setting to take off.
                              Agreed. I give Lesnar credit, he showed up for the fight, did what he needed to do, and came away with the belt. Not taking anything away from him.

                              With that being said, there is no way that Brock could have gone five rounds had it come to that. It appeared to me that he was starting to gas pretty bad, which I think was part of Couture's strategy, unfortunately he was caught with a shot that ended the fight. Crap happens. In reference to the Herring fight, Heath couldn't see out of one eye after the first punch, which I think had a lot to do with the outcome of the fight. Not saying that Herring would have made a better showing but the visibility was definitely an issue.

                              I think Lesnar will have a tough challenge with the winner of the Big Nog/Mir fight. Mir is one of my favorite fighters but since the manjority believe that Big Nog will take it (rightfully so) let's say he faces Brock sometime early next year. It's a terrible match up from Lesnar, he won't be able to develop good enough submission defense to keep Nog off for very long. I see some kind of submission in the third. Nog won't be knocked out, I'll say that much, so I don't see how Lesnar beats him outside of a lay and pray decision.

                              But talking about saturday's card...how about Kenny Florian? I think he showed up big time. His next fight must be for the lightweight title. If BJ Penn doesn't believe he has any competiton at LW he needs to watch Kenny Florian's last fights or so. I'm not saying that KenFlo will beat Penn, but I do believe he poses a larger threat than Sherk does. It'll be a good match and one I'm looking forward to. Of course this all depends on what happens with the Penn/GSP fight.
                              Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

                              It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Nightwing View Post

                                But talking about saturday's card...how about Kenny Florian? I think he showed up big time. His next fight must be for the lightweight title. If BJ Penn doesn't believe he has any competiton at LW he needs to watch Kenny Florian's last fights or so. I'm not saying that KenFlo will beat Penn, but I do believe he poses a larger threat than Sherk does. It'll be a good match and one I'm looking forward to. Of course this all depends on what happens with the Penn/GSP fight.

                                Florian did look good. I was very impressed. But Penn and GSP? That's one of those ones where you see both names and the first thought you have is - "Aww... DAY-UM!!" They hit it again.
                                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X