No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seing Hendo dominated like that made me kinda sad. I kept trying to remember him turning Bisping's lights out to stay positive about him maybe pulling that one out last night. Sadly... he couldn't get off his back. It was like watching the turtle that the 2nd grade teacher kept in her class.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• I just want to say though that the Fedor vs Rogers card was EXTREMELY good and entertaining (minus the Shields fight.. Go figure).

I just think it was stupid of them making the main event something with a lay and pray guy in it. It's like you wonder why Shields has never been in the UFC.. NOT!

Comment

• Oh and I hated how Hendo never sprawled after the first round which made him get dominated... I thought you were good at wrestling fool! Lesson number one in wrestling is how to sprawl when they take you down!

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
          I just want to say though that the Fedor vs Rogers card was EXTREMELY good and entertaining (minus the Shields fight.. Go figure).

I just think it was stupid of them making the main event something with a lay and pray guy in it. It's like you wonder why Shields has never been in the UFC.. NOT!
          What would have rather seen as the main event?? King Mo take down Mousassi
          at will and Mousassi being able to do nothing to stop it. Then since you can't
          elbow on the ground as soon as Mousassi grabbed his wrists they just sat there.

Or maybe see Aoki scoot around like he had worms while Gilbert Melendez picked
          and chose his shots and destroyed him?

The card flopped.
          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
            What would have rather seen as the main event?? King Mo take down Mousassi
            at will and Mousassi being able to do nothing to stop it. Then since you can't
            elbow on the ground as soon as Mousassi grabbed his wrists they just sat there.

Or maybe see Aoki scoot around like he had worms while Gilbert Melendez picked
            and chose his shots and destroyed him?

The card flopped.
            I personally would have had another main event with Fedor in it on national TV. I can't blame them for putting on the Aoki and Mousassi fights because all those fighters usually produce good matches anyways. I definitely agree with the card flopping.

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
              I personally would have had another main event with Fedor in it on national TV. I can't blame them for putting on the Aoki and Mousassi fights because all those fighters usually produce good matches anyways. I definitely agree with the card flopping.
              Yeah, if they have any chance to save SF they need to put Overeem vs Rodgers
              on national TV, guaranteed a KO of some kind in that fight.

Fedor isn't a huge draw in the US., Henderson was a definitely a bigger draw
              than Fedor, but he would make for a more exciting fight... That being said, I'm
              not real excited to see him fight Werdum, just another guy that is on his way down
              and not worth Fedor's time.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Yeah, if they have any chance to save SF they need to put Overeem vs Rodgers
                on national TV, guaranteed a KO of some kind in that fight.

Fedor isn't a huge draw in the US., Henderson was a definitely a bigger draw
                than Fedor, but he would make for a more exciting fight... That being said, I'm
                not real excited to see him fight Werdum, just another guy that is on his way down
                and not worth Fedor's time.
                Sorry but Henderson is not a bigger draw than Fedor, no matter what country you are in.
                sigpic

Comment

• Im gonna have to agree Grid, Fedor would have a bigger draw. Hes the best hands down, everybody wants to see him fight.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos Rex View Post
                    Sorry but Henderson is not a bigger draw than Fedor, no matter what country you are in.
                    I disagree... Ask your friend that is just an average fan, IE doesnt watch every
                    event he can, just tunes in when he see's it on. He doesnt know or care who
                    Fedor is. Even in hype commercial Fedor is a pale white pudgy guy that doesnt
                    look like a fighter, Henderson is at least American and looks more like a fighter.

He is a much bigger draw in the U.S., especially to the common person.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• This thread is kinda old but thought I would bring it back up for anyone that

wants to use it. Anyone is more than welcome to make their UFC picks for

each UFC event coming up..

My picks for UFC 113 main card only:

Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio Rua

Josh Koscheck vs. Paul Daley

Sam Stout vs. Jeremy Stephens

Kimbo Slice vs. Matt Mitrione

Patrick Côté vs. Alan Belcher

Feel free to post your's! :salute!:
                      Last edited by Chillez; 04-19-2010, 05:35 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I disagree... Ask your friend that is just an average fan, IE doesnt watch every
                        event he can, just tunes in when he see's it on. He doesnt know or care who
                        Fedor is. Even in hype commercial Fedor is a pale white pudgy guy that doesnt
                        look like a fighter, Henderson is at least American and looks more like a fighter.

He is a much bigger draw in the U.S., especially to the common person.
                        I'm going to have to disagree because Fedor's card brought in more viewers not only in this country but worldwide. More than 25 million viewers around the world watched and just in this country was 4.04 million viewers peaking at like 5.5 during the main event.

Plus you add in the fact that people call him the best P4P fighter in the world and his nickname "The Last Emperor" I think just the badassness (not a word I know lol) would bring more people in.

This Strikeforce only peaked in at 2.9 million viewers so I think Fedor = $$$

Comment

• anybody watch tonights episode of TUF?

what was liddell thinking when he chose yager to fight one of his worst guys.

i want team chuck to win but now ortiz is probably going to exploit all his fighters.
                          Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Omfg if these prelims are this good I can't even imagine what the maincard will be like.

The Korean Zombie just made himself a fan out of me. :salute!:

Comment

• did anyone just see that fight???!!!!

can sung jung vs leonard garcia?

wow greatest prelim ever and probably fight of the year.

jung just got robbed big time....

Comment

• wow what an over hyped fight.

urijah just got owned.

good thing i didnt order this fight and watched it online.

Comment

Working...
                                X