No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was brute strength and speed! Wow Machida had it going his way till that clip. Nice win by Shogun now the REAL champion.

Comment

• Impressive, impressive win by Shogun. That was some brutal ground and pound.

Hope Daley gets suspended.
      Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightwing View Post
        Impressive, impressive win by Shogun. That was some brutal ground and pound.

Hope Daley gets suspended.
        I hope he gets kicked out of the UFC in general. That was basically assault. Yeah Josh was trash talking him at the end of the fight but you can't assault the guy for that especially when you knew he was going to take you down and do that to you.

Comment

• damn....

all my guys lost tonight...

but you gotta give kimbo a hand he put on a good 2 minutes that had me on the edge of my seat.

unfortunatley i dont think we will ever see kimbo slice in the octogan again.

Pual Daley pulled a junie browning on us.

Machida what the hell happened...

hopefully we get a Shogun vs. Rampage rematch..

damn...
          Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
            I hope he gets kicked out of the UFC in general. That was basically assault. Yeah Josh was trash talking him at the end of the fight but you can't assault the guy for that especially when you knew he was going to take you down and do that to you.
            I agree, funny that the only meaningful punch he lands the whole fight is a cheap shot after it's over. Daley is a one trick pony, always has been, always will be. And he should how classless he really is. Kos was messing with the fans, I don't have a problem with that.

EDIT: For those not watching the presser....

Daley is cut from the UFC and has zero chance of coming back according to Dana. He went as far as to say it wouldn't matter if Daley became the pound for pound best fighter in the world, he wouldn't take him back.
            Last edited by Nightwing; 05-08-2010, 11:20 PM.
            Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

I agree, funny that the only meaningful punch he lands the whole fight is a cheap shot after it's over. Daley is a one trick pony, always has been, always will be. And he should how classless he really is. Kos was messing with the fans, I don't have a problem with that.

EDIT: For those not watching the presser....

Daley is cut from the UFC and has zero chance of coming back according to Dana. He went as far as to say it wouldn't matter if Daley became the pound for pound best fighter in the world, he wouldn't take him back.
              yea i saw that on mma live that was quick..

id say give the dude a chance..

hes human and koshcheck is an arrogant ass he probably said something messed up that pissed daley off

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                yea i saw that on mma live that was quick..

id say give the dude a chance..

hes human and koshcheck is an arrogant ass he probably said something messed up that pissed daley off
                Good move IMO from the UCF and Dana. After the debacle by Strikeforce a few weeks back I think Dana had to do that to save face for MMA and the try to keep some semblance of this being a sport and not the WWE. I :applaud: Dana for that.

Kimbo? I think he's done in the UFC.

Rua? Gosh dang that was impressive. I was telling my friends that the fight was going to end decisivley before the end of the 3rd. I didn't think it's be that fast!!!
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                  Good move IMO from the UCF and Dana. After the debacle by Strikeforce a few weeks back I think Dana had to do that to save face for MMA and the try to keep some semblance of this being a sport and not the WWE. I :applaud: Dana for that.

Kimbo? I think he's done in the UFC.

Rua? Gosh dang that was impressive. I was telling my friends that the fight was going to end decisivley before the end of the 3rd. I didn't think it's be that fast!!!
                  Daleys career wont go anywhere at strikeforce there going to have him fighting nobody's.

I really like Kimbo he put on a great performance last night in round 1 i think he just needs to loose some muscle and work on his game and he will be a complete mma fighter.

its a shame that dana white said this would be the last time we would see kimbo in the ufc.

im still shocked to have seen machida go down like that i like both rua and machida but i was routing for lyoto.
                  i wonder what comes next for lyoto loser of evans jackson?
                  likely evans again we know how that turned out.

maybe little nog? forrest griffin?

Comment

• Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                    Daleys career wont go anywhere at strikeforce there going to have him fighting nobody's.

I really like Kimbo he put on a great performance last night in round 1 i think he just needs to loose some muscle and work on his game and he will be a complete mma fighter.

its a shame that dana white said this would be the last time we would see kimbo in the ufc.

im still shocked to have seen machida go down like that i like both rua and machida but i was routing for lyoto.
                    i wonder what comes next for lyoto loser of evans jackson?
                    likely evans again we know how that turned out.

maybe little nog? forrest griffin?
                    We tend to agree on everything but this I got to say the complete opposite. Kimbo to me has a long way to go and it defintiley wont be in the UFC. He just isnt going to compete. He has weak legs/knees and his conditioning is horrible.

I dont see Kimbo amounting to much.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                      We tend to agree on everything but this I got to say the complete opposite. Kimbo to me has a long way to go and it defintiley wont be in the UFC. He just isnt going to compete. He has weak legs/knees and his conditioning is horrible.

I dont see Kimbo amounting to much.
                      i like kimbo because hes got heart.

like Dana said countless times he took his challenge and made the best of it.

I wouldnt say Kimbo has weak legs if you hit any fighter with hard kicks like he was hit with last night they would fall like kimbo did.

Kimbos downfall was his cardio he needs to loose muscle.

Kimbo has been cut...

Dana White told ESPN that the door is not closed for Kimbo and that he could possibly return one day.
                      Last edited by jc13; 05-09-2010, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• I think Kimbo got cut too early.

Fact of the matter is he has the body of a light heavyweight and when he did those 2-3 slams on Mitrione in the first round he gassed himself because Mitrione weighed at least 30-40 pounds more than Kimbo in that fight.

I think Dana should have kept Kimbo just for the fact that he can sell tickets even if he lost to Matt and putting him in the card (not as main event or co of course) would boost the cards ratings up every time.

It's only a matter of Kimbo having that commitment to cutting weight and his dedication to the art of mma because he quit during the Mitrione fight because he had no clue what to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                          I think Kimbo got cut too early.

Fact of the matter is he has the body of a light heavyweight and when he did those 2-3 slams on Mitrione in the first round he gassed himself because Mitrione weighed at least 30-40 pounds more than Kimbo in that fight.

I think Dana should have kept Kimbo just for the fact that he can sell tickets even if he lost to Matt and putting him in the card (not as main event or co of course) would boost the cards ratings up every time.

It's only a matter of Kimbo having that commitment to cutting weight and his dedication to the art of mma because he quit during the Mitrione fight because he had no clue what to do.
                          i dont think kimbo quit.

he was gassed and he was mounted with what a 240 pound mitrione?

there was nothing he could really do.

shi mitrione looked just as clueless as kimbo during some portions.

he was in the same situation that he was once in with roy nelson.

I do agree that he was let go early.

however, I don't believe this is the last time we see kimbo in the Octagon.

I wonder where meathead goes from here.. prelims? Cheick Kongo? Stefun Struve?

Comment

• Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                            i dont think kimbo quit.

he was gassed and he was mounted with what a 240 pound mitrione?

there was nothing he could really do.

shi mitrione looked just as clueless as kimbo during some portions.

he was in the same situation that he was once in with roy nelson.

I do agree that he was let go early.

however, I don't believe this is the last time we see kimbo in the Octagon.

I wonder where meathead goes from here.. prelims? Cheick Kongo? Stefun Struve?
                            Matt was at 253 while Kimbo was at 225 so he was officially around 30 pounds heavier than Kimbo which actually does make a lot of a difference if you're going to slam the guy repeatedly.

I think Kimbo did quit when Matt got him in the full mount because he didn't no know what to do in that situation or he was just too tired and hurt.

Meathead had some nasty leg kicks in that fight but he's definitely not ready for Cheick Kongo. My guess is as good as yours right now.

Comment

• Daley is a real piece of work, I'm glad dana is kicking him out of the ufc for that stunt. Rua looked great, and kimbo is a prime example that just because someone is a street brawler doesn't mean they can succeed in mma.
                              sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• I cant wait for Rampage/Evans......

Its gonna be a blood bath (i hope)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X