No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some things I observed from yesterday is...

Duffee has a glass chin. I quite honestly don't believe that was even a hard hit that he got caught with and even Rossow knew it from the reaction on his face after the fight.

Brilz got screwed imo. He won the 2nd and 3rd round.

Anyone think Jackson lost himself some viewers on the A-Team movie because of the loss? I think so.

Oh and I'm glad my boy Dong Hyun Kim got the win over Sadollah which proves he's moving up there in the division.

Comment

• I must say I expected Rampage to win, and not get dominated as much as he
      did wrestling wise..

But on that note, he looked solid for coming off such a long lay off.

Also, everyone gives him crap for being a "bad" person with his personal issues
      and what not or his haters claim he is immature, but even with as much as he
      hates Evans he was not disrespectful at all after the fight.
      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
        I must say I expected Rampage to win, and not get dominated as much as he
        did wrestling wise..

But on that note, he looked solid for coming off such a long lay off.

Also, everyone gives him crap for being a "bad" person with his personal issues
        and what not or his haters claim he is immature, but even with as much as he
        hates Evans he was not disrespectful at all after the fight.
        I got to give it to Rampage I would have been really pissed at Evans also because he did talk a lot more then Rampage did. Even during TUF 10.

He's also a professional so he had to act classy after the fight.

when he knocked out Wanderlei he quickly went and checked on him.

hopefully Rampage sticks to fighting for a while he didn't really look 100% last night the road back to Rashad might be a little difficult because he might have to fight Machida, Nogueria, Couture, and if Anderson decides to go Light heavyweight full time he could also be in the mix.
        Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Originally posted by jc13 View Post
          I got to give it to Rampage I would have been really pissed at Evans also because he did talk a lot more then Rampage did. Even during TUF 10.

hopefully Rampage sticks to fighting for a while he didn't really look 100% last night the road back to Rashad might be a little difficult because he might have to fight Machida, Nogueria, Couture, and if Anderson decides to go Light heavyweight full time he could also be in the mix.
          when did he "check" on him ? after he knocked him out and then hit him three more times while the dude was completely OUT ? yeah class act

and i don't judge people who are famous by their personal lives i think Rampage is a jackass cause he think's he's unbeatable ... apparently not i could careless that he has personal demons those aren't any of my business that's between him and the Lord not between him and any of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
            Hey brock ...

Tick tock

tick tock

tick tock

he's coming for you and your belt are you ready ?

You sad little excuse of a pound and ground won't work against carwin

soon we will all hear

your winner by knock out , tap out , tko , ref stoppage whatever it takes brock we will hear this sweet sweet sound

ladies and gentle men your winner and new ufc heavyweight champion

shane carwin
            Don't get too cocky if Brock wins we all are going laugh at this. I'll eat crow if

I'm wrong but you better do the same also.
            sigpic

Comment

A fighter thinks that he isn't going to lose!?!?!?

Like OHHHHHHHH MMYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDD
              Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Rampage IMO did to much standing around trying to size up Rashad (as he did in the Forrest Opie Griffin fight)

I gave Rashad the first two rounds easy ( me wanting Rampage to win) THEN....when he caught Rashad in the 3rd and was on top (had him rocked) Rampage missed like 2-4 follow up punches that could have eaisly finished Rashad had they connected.

I do agree that Rashad was the better fighter on Saturday, but I also think there will be a rematch.

I also have Carwin over Brock.
                sigpic

Comment

when did he "check" on him ? after he knocked him out and then hit him three more times while the dude was completely OUT ? yeah class act

and i don't judge people who are famous by their personal lives i think Rampage is a jackass cause he think's he's unbeatable ... apparently not i could careless that he has personal demons those aren't any of my business that's between him and the Lord not between him and any of us.
                  I swear I saw him go over there and look above him when the medical staff was working on Wanderlei. I clearly remember watching it on UFC Unleashed.

Did you even watch last nights fight? If Rampage didn't want to act professional he could of said many unprofessional things during the post fight interviews.

I don't think that Rampage is that "famous" outside the MMA world

and If you watched TUF 10 Rashad escalated most of the confrontations and Rampage was simply defending himself by saying all of those things that made him sound "unbeatable"

Plus I think its safe to assume that Rampage was just making himself seem "unbeatable" and "cocky" so that he could hype up the fight.

Rashad talked way more trash and made himself look more like a jackass than Quinton did throughout the whole process.

Comment

I swear I saw him go over there and look above him when the medical staff was working on Wanderlei. I clearly remember watching it on UFC Unleashed.

Did you even watch last nights fight? If Rampage didn't want to act professional he could of said many unprofessional things during the post fight interviews.

I don't think that Rampage is that "famous" outside the MMA world

and If you watched TUF 10 Rashad escalated most of the confrontations and Rampage was simply defending himself by saying all of those things that made him sound "unbeatable"

Plus I think its safe to assume that Rampage was just making himself seem "unbeatable" and "cocky" so that he could hype up the fight.

Rashad talked way more trash and made himself look more like a jackass than Quinton did throughout the whole process.
                    Don't even try to confuse anything to #1snake_fan he's delusional. It's like talking to a brick wall or

broken record as much "right" info you give him and give him facts he wont accept it EVER... Don't

waste you're time lol I already tried. I bet he's around 12 years old.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                      Don't even try to confuse anything to #1snake_fan he's delusional. It's like talking to a brick wall or

broken record as much "right" info you give him and give him facts he wont accept it EVER... Don't

waste you're time lol I already tried. I bet he's around 12 years old.
                      haha thanks for the heads up.

its obvious that this dude didn't watch the fight last night..
                      Last edited by jc13; 05-31-2010, 01:34 AM.

Comment

haha thanks for the heads up.

im just expressing how I felt it was.
                        Yeah just a heads up :thumb:. You can read what me and him said it's on

this thread a couple pages back.
                        sigpic

Comment

you make me laugh cause Lesnar didn't compete at a combine he was a WALK ON and was CUT LAST I CHECKED MARIO WILLIAMS IS STILL IN THE NFL.

and second because he tested postive once doesn't mean he did it his whole career as a pro athlete does it ? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO it doesn't it means HE DID IT ONCE and go to lordsofpain.net and type in brock lesnar steroids it will take you to an article from 2002

and to say Lesnar deserves that belt is so Laughible Dana White didn't even want him in the UFC cause he's a joke he comes in with all this hype and what happened ? well to quote Lesnar " I gave him that knee , he wouldhave been stupid not to grab it " no what happened was Mir caught Lesnar and Lesnar who's so MMA smart turns his knee for Mir so mir gets the lock on quicker and Lesnar screams "i give , i give"

Lesnar is noting but a punk ass who disrespects everything in his way this isn't pro wrestling there are no good guys and no bad guys and Lesnar constintly acts like he has to be booed he's an ******* and why people like him is beyond me i really hope Carwin knocks him the F out but all he'll do is run his f'n mouth "oh i left my self open so he would have benn stupid not to knock me out" NO you got beat Brock.

and you call me a noob why ?

Did GSP talk #$#$ when he lost ?

No he got up and shock their hands and then got his ass in the gym and trained and trained until he became the best in the world which he is and that's my point people like you want to call Lesnar the best in the WORLD AND HE'S NOT

AGAIN HERE'S LESNAR'S CAREER NUMBERS

beat some dude in Japan in like a minute - Impressive debut

LOST to Frank Mir - acts like a little @#[email protected]$ after the fight and has ever since

beat the crap out of herring - again Impressive

BEAT 42 YEAR OLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION RANDY COTURE - AGAIN WOW BROCK THAT MUST HAVE BEEN TOUGH

so his record is 3-1 that deserves to be champion ? what about chick kongo ? who's been impressive for YEARS not months like Lesnar YEARs and has to this day NEVER gotten a title shot. Your going to tell me that at 2-1 life time Brock Lesnar was more deserving of a UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP SHOT then chick Kongo ?

explain that one cause that still makes no since and i think that Mir would beat Brock again (i know it's 1-1) and i know for a fact that GSP would whoop his ass if they were in the same weight class
                          Kongo had a chance to fight for the interim heavyweight title if he could of beaten Frank Mir and all he did was get rocked early by Frank Mir whose striking isn't anything compared to Kongo's, and then get choked out in less then half a round.

You want to know who deserves a title shot its Cain Velasquez hes been rolling over the heavyweight division for a while now and if I'm not mistaken he is the Number one contender set to face either Lesner or Carwin sometime next year.

IMO, I know Fedor hasn't been threatened or truly tested since Mirko Cro Cop but his overall talent and experience makes him the #1 Heavyweight in the world with Brock at #2 and Carwin in the top 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                            connection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've noticed alot of people not agreeing with MMA in any way being tied in with Pro Wrestling. In fact MMA owes alot to Pro Wrestling. Particularly NJPW and Sayama, Funaki, Suzuki, Maeda, Sayama, Sakuraba and of course Karl Gotch. Pancrase was started by these pro wrestlers. Look at trainers such as Billy Robinson who trained a ton of pro wrestling workers, along with shoot fighters such as Erik Paulson and Josh Barnett. Don Frye, Dan Severn and Ken Shamrock also all worked as pro wrestlers before becoming MMA champions. Pro wrestling is based on legitimate contests. It was changed into a worked show gradually over time. Most pro wrestlers do know the legitimate catch wrestling techniques, they are skilled athletes, and all shootfighting is essentially pro wrestling done for competition instead of purely show. MMA fans are becoming to arrogant in the way they knock boxing and wrestling. It's all fighting, even if Pro Wrestling is worked, those guys know a thing or two about fighting. Almost every Japanese MMA fighter who is not a Judo ka has worked as a Pro Wrestler. I know I'm not going to convince everyone who see Hulk Hogan vs the Ultimate warrior when they think of Pro Wrestling, but the very same man Wldak Zybysko who was a pro wrestler and fought Helio Gracie to a 50 minute draw, was the grandfather of Pro Wrestler Larry Zybsko. There is more to pro wrestling than fat guys in masks.

without pro -wrestlers their would be no pancrese,rings,shooto,pride or maybe no k-1 UFC bought Pride that take the term cage fighting which came from pro wrestling whats so hard to understand about that. Just think about all the fighters that started out in those orgs and its not difficult to see that mma would probably be a few years behind from were its now.

30-40 years ago wrestlers in pro wrestling actually had real fights and where real grappler's Olympic caliber bad asses to bad know it's fake with the WWE it was never that way in the past...
                            Interesting historical point. Didn't know too much about the beginings of pro wrestling, and I see your point. I just think that all of the fighters that you mentioned were only pro wrestlers because they had no other outlet to compete. True some of the greatest fighters in mma history once wrestled professionally but if they had other options from the start I don't think some would have ever went into pro wrestling. Don't get me wrong Chillez, I ain't knocking pro wrestling or the legitimacy of the athletes. I grew up watching it and used to be into it pretty big. As a matter of fact when I was a kid alot of real fist fights were started because some "fake" wrestling matches got too rough.
                            sigpic

Comment

• To be fair, MMA goes back to Ancient Greece with Pankration. That was really was the predecessor for it more than anything else. If you wanted to point to one thing that was the 'founding' of it, that's what I'd use. I'm a fan of all combat sports though. I don't get why some people think you have to be a fan of boxing OR mixed martial arts, I love both.
                              Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

• I also heard somewhere that Machida was once a pro wrestler..

Speaking of Machida I read on Sherdog that a match between Machida and Jackson could be in the works.

Comment

Working...
                                X