No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carwin earned huge respect in my book last night..Going toe to toe with Lesnar he was by far the better boxer/puncher..I dont think there would be any way for Lesnar to beat him standing up other then a "punchers chance" and obvious size of Lesnar..I think that says a lot about Carwin

Lesnar is a beast..For him to be able to withstand the punishment and defend himself was amazing..Carwin gave him all he had..What was the pwr shot total like 70/2.. I don't think anyone in any sport would have much gas in the tank after a flurry such as that and keeping a man the size of Lesnar pinned at the same time no matter what round it came in ..

Idk if I have ever seen a man as big as Lesnar get backed down so quick..I think it was because a mix of reasons..I think his rust was appearent and he had sea legs under him.I think Carwin's punching power is just nasty and maybe Lesnar's chin does not match his power and physique.Saying that though it would take much more then a punchers chance to finish off Lesnar .. Technically I thought Lesnar fought much better fight against Mir then Carwin but he was able to put it together rather quickly in the 2nd round..The move he made once on the mat to lock the triangle up was pretty cool and Carwin's face told the story pretty well ...

What I liked most about the fight was Lesnar getting out of the 1st and the eruption of cheers at the local BW'3 when Lesnar got Carwin to the mat it was like 'Oh Noez" as it was seemingly like everyone knew that Carwin at this point was in big trouble ...

I would love to see a rematch and surely there will be and for me this fight added more weight to a possible Fedor/Lesnar fight if that would ever be possible ..

I don't follow MMA as much as the avg fan on here ... So a question I have is who is some of the possible up coming matches for Lesnar outside of a rematch with Carwin...Is the heavy weight divison lacking with viable contenders ?
    Last edited by LarryDean; 07-04-2010, 11:36 AM.
    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
      Carwin earned huge respect in my book last night..Going toe to toe with Lesnar he was by far the better boxer/puncher..I dont think there would be any way for Lesnar to beat him standing up other then a "punchers chance" and obvious size of Lesnar..I think that says a lot about Carwin

Lesnar is a beast..For him to be able to withstand the punishment and defend himself was amazing..Carwin gave him all he had..What was the pwr shot total like 70/2.. I don't think anyone in any sport would have much gas in the tank after a flurry such as that and keeping a man the size of Lesnar pinned at the same time no matter what round it came in ..

Idk if I have ever seen a man as big as Lesnar get backed down so quick..I think it was because a mix of reasons..I think his rust was appearent and he had sea legs under him.I think Carwin punching power is just nasty and maybe Lesnar's chin does not match his power and physique.Saying that though it would take much more then a punchers chance to finish off Lesnar .. Technically I thought Lesnar fought much better fight against Mir then Carwin but he was able to put it together rather quickly in the 2nd round..The move he made once on the mat to lock the triangle up was pretty cool and Carwin's faced told the story pretty well ...

What I liked most about the fight was Lesnar getting out of the 1st and the eruption of cheers at the local BW'3 when Lesnar got Carwin to the mat it was like 'Oh Noez" as it was seemingly like everyone knew that Carwin at this point was in big trouble ...

I would love to see a rematch and surely there will be and for me this fight added more weight to a possible Fedor/Lesnar fight if that would ever be possible ..

I don't follow MMA as much as the avg fan on here ... So a question I have is who is some of the possible up coming matches for Lesnar outside of a rematch with Carwin...Is the heavy weight divison lacking with viable contenders ?
      Great Post LD

I sure hope Fedor/Lesnar happens at some point, it needs to.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by karnage View Post
        Carwin while packing power showed he has a long way to go...he reminds me of a HW Phil Baroni...sure he can end the fight at any second...but if you can take his best and weather the following onslaught...he can't go 3-5 rounds of devastating blasts...Carwin is a monster no doubt...but cardio is part of MMA..and he showed that he doesn't have that aspect to his game yet...credit to Lesnar...Iron chin, and kept his composure after a year off...unlike Rampage who looked like a practice round of Tekken set on difficulty 3...
        Not so sure about a "long way to go". Carwin was 12-0 destroying top notch UFC talent. He lost to the current Champ and was very close to beating him. I dont think any of the other contenders in the UFC can beat Shane Carwin either, but looks like due to this loss we will get to find out.

I cant wait, good to see ya Karny!!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
          Not so sure about a "long way to go". Carwin was 12-0 destroying top notch UFC talent. He lost to the current Champ and was very close to beating him. I dont think any of the other contenders in the UFC can beat Shane Carwin either, but looks like due to this loss we will get to find out.

Yeah I thought Shane had it last night. I think youre right outside of Brock I doubt anyone beats Shane but you never know.

Good job Shane not bad for a Colorado boy with a day job.
          sigpic
          photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by MightyHorse View Post
            Yeah I thought Shane had it last night. I think youre right outside of Brock I doubt anyone beats Shane but you never know.

Good job Shane not bad for a Colorado boy with a day job.
            Cain could probably get Carwin down, and we've seen Cains chin against Kongo.

JDS has better technical boxing than Carwin and has shown KO power so that
            would be a great fight IMO.
            Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Carwin against Nelson vs Dos Santos winner

Winner of that gets the Cain Lesnar winner.

Wow theres gonna be some great heavyweight fights
              sigpic

Comment

• I still think Rosenthal did the right thing in not stopping it after I watched the replay. The only thing that would have came out of stopping the fight prematurely would be a pissed off Brock Lesnar, conscious, screaming at the ref saying why.

Thank God it wasn't Mazzagatti calling the fight.

Comment

• Great, great card last night. I was impressed.

I was also impressed with Brock. I can see Brock haters calling for that fight to be ended in the 1st, but I'm glad it did not get called. That would have been ugly. Brock fan would have been in an uproar because it was not "decisive" in that he did not get beat, so to say. What I mean by that he did not take a nap, go to sleep, or tap. Like he said at the end of the fight- "I felt his shots getting softer".

That being said, I can a reason to call that fight too. He did turtle up and tried to push Carwin back a few times. Like Nightwing said, I've seen many fights called for less. But, the ref get's HUGE credit for not calling it too soon. He saw something being in that ring that we did not.

Back to Brock. Kudos, sir, kudos. :clap: I'll admit, I was a hater. Seeing how he has composed himself up to this fight and after this fight? I am impressed. I'm still not a fan, but where I once was firmly against him I now am on the fence with him. If his past antics resurface then I'll hate him again, but if this is the Brock we're going to see then I'll respect him, the MMA fighter that is destined to go down as one of the HW greats. I wonder how much of this past camp had to do with Randy training with him? I'm sure Randy whispered in his ear how a true MMA athlete handles himself. Randy is one of the most respected and :clap: to him for getting into Brock's head if that's what happened. And Brock saying- "This isn't about me. This is about my family. My doctors. My trainers..." Again, I :clap: for Brock.

I think Shane had the best chance out of the current UFC HW to beat Brock. Methinks that if they get put into the ring 10 times that Shane wins 3- 5. I don't think Cain can do it. I don't think JDS or even Nelson can do it. Mir has shown that he can't and I don't think he returns to the top of the division again so long as Carwin and Brock are prowling around.

Again, great card tonight!! Leben took strides in my book with having been in the ring 2 weeks ago to step in with a guy like "Sexy" and to win the way he does- ugly, but win. George looked good. Bonner pulls out another bloody win(have you ever seen a Bonner fight where he didn't bleed?!?!). And Lytle's submission? Beautiful to have that triangle as he was pulling out an arm bar.

This is really set the bar high for Silva/Chonnen.
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Best part of the night was def Gerald Harris' KO slam.
                    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
                      Best part of the night was def Gerald Harris' KO slam.
                      Quoted for truth.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
                        Best part of the night was def Gerald Harris' KO slam.
                        word homie
                        sigpic
                        photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

• Where is #1snakefan?

Come out come out where ever you are you been talking crap for last 4 weeks about how Brock was going get KO and lose in 1st round against Carwin well guess what it did not happen and Brock survived he proved he has a very good chin and has good heart something you cant teach.

I said a year ago that Carwin had best chance of beating Brock in UFC and almost happened Carwin is lot better than I thought I'll give him credit for using good TD defense in the fight and kicking Brock butt for 4 minutes in the fight I was shocked Brock was getting beat down like that I thought it was over.

Brock my boy!!! #1 HW in the world. :salute!:
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                            Where is #1snakefan?
                            He's the reason I wanted Lesnar to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post

you too man! Just haven't had much time lately to post as much...I'll be back for the regular season though..
                              "Badger my a$$ it's probably Milhouse...."

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                                Where is #1snakefan?

Come out come out where ever you are you been talking crap for last 4 weeks about how Brock was going get KO and lose in 1st round against Carwin well guess what it did not happen and Brock survived he proved he has a very good chin and has good heart something you cant teach.

I said a year ago that Carwin had best chance of beating Brock in UFC and almost happened Carwin is lot better than I thought I'll give him credit for using good TD defense in the fight and kicking Brock butt for 4 minutes in the fight I was shocked Brock was getting beat down like that I thought it was over.

Brock my boy!!! #1 HW in the world. :salute!:
                                he'll probably come up with some excuse on how the aerodynamics of the octagon caused Carwin to not punch right or something ha ha ha
                                Now go get your shine box

Comment

Working...
                                X