Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMA Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    UFC Picks!!!

    UFC 100 is 5 days away let's make are picks. This is huge MMA event if

    anyone that follows MMA or is a fan. ESPN is giving it alot of coverage

    My Picks Main card ONLY:

    Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - Brock 100% my favorite fighter.

    Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves - GSP

    Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago - Fitch

    Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher - Akiyama


    Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping - Hendo
    Last edited by Chillez; 07-06-2009, 04:07 AM.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #92
      Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - Brock

      Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves - GSP

      Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago - Fitch

      i got same picks as you but i hope lesnar gets humbled by mir yet again

      cause it would be hilarious , and i still think he's too cocky for UFC
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
        Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - Brock

        Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves - GSP

        Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago - Fitch

        i got same picks as you but i hope lesnar gets humbled by mir yet again

        cause it would be hilarious , and i still think he's too cocky for UFC
        Nice you cant be serious about Mir??? He so damn cocky latest interviews thinks he's best HW in the world above Fedor. He believes he best thing since slice bread! Can't stand the guy during TUF said "I am 10 times the athlete Nogueria is" I lost alot of respect for the guy. :2cents:
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #94
          Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - Mir via second round submission

          Georges St. Pierre vs Thiago Alves - GSP via third round domination

          Jon Fitch vs Paulo Thiago - Fitch via Unanimous Decision

          Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher - Akiyama via first round armbar

          Dan Henderson vs Michael Bisping - Hendo via first round KO

          I think the card should prove to be pretty entertaining.

          The Georges St. Pierre vs Thiago Alves fight has me pretty intrigued. I have doubts that Alves will make weight but even if he does he'll be facing a considerable disadvantage. GSP has (I think) seven or eight inches of reach on Alves. I think he'll use his jab and kicks to keep him at bay before taking Alves down and ending the fight with some ground and pound.

          I also don't see any way that Michael Bisping can win unless it's by decision. He lacks the power to knock Hendo out and he won't submit him. On the other hand if Hendo lands one big right hand then it's lights out for Bisping.
          Last edited by Nightwing; 07-06-2009, 12:21 PM.
          Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

          It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

          Comment


          • #95
            Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - I have a feeling Brock's going to TKO Mir based on the fact that Mir did embarrass him with that submission in his first UFC match and because I think Brock will never let that happen against Mir again.

            Georges St. Pierre vs Thiago Alves - GSP

            Jon Fitch vs Paulo Thiago - Jon Fitch

            Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher - Akiyama. This dude is Korean but he's raised Japanese. He's been promoting himself in Korea lately and I have unfavorable bias towards Mr. Chu or as some fans might call him Sexyama

            Dan Henderson vs Michael Bisping - I pick Bisping to win this.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Chillez View Post
              Nice you cant be serious about Mir??? He so damn cocky latest interviews thinks he's best HW in the world above Fedor. He believes he best thing since slice bread! Can't stand the guy during TUF said "I am 10 times the athlete Nogueria is" I lost alot of respect for the guy. :2cents:
              i saw an interview where he was very gracious, and he said he wants to be punched by fedor at least once before he retires , so he knows what it feels like

              he was giving respect to fedor

              now lesnar on the other hand acts like a complete jackass inside and outside the octagon


              i'd love to see him humbled again, cause he thinks his **** doesn't stink

              thank god he's already at least lost once in the ufc

              hey i loved wwf, but that attitude will kill ufc as a sport, ufc and mma is about respect, brock isn't.......

              somebody needs to beat him severely and teach him another lesson
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                i saw an interview where he was very gracious, and he said he wants to be punched by fedor at least once before he retires , so he knows what it feels like

                he was giving respect to fedor

                now lesnar on the other hand acts like a complete jackass inside and outside the octagon


                i'd love to see him humbled again, cause he thinks his **** doesn't stink

                thank god he's already at least lost once in the ufc

                hey i loved wwf, but that attitude will kill ufc as a sport, ufc and mma is about respect, brock isn't.......

                somebody needs to beat him severely and teach him another lesson
                I like how Frank handles himself in interviews. He's blunt and to the point, he knows his limits but he doesn't sound too much like a cocky bastard

                I actually heard Brock is a nice guy outside of the ring but maybe it's just his old WWF antics he pulls of in interiews and stuff.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                  i saw an interview where he was very gracious, and he said he wants to be punched by fedor at least once before he retires , so he knows what it feels like

                  he was giving respect to fedor

                  now lesnar on the other hand acts like a complete jackass inside and outside the octagon


                  i'd love to see him humbled again, cause he thinks his **** doesn't stink

                  thank god he's already at least lost once in the ufc

                  hey i loved wwf, but that attitude will kill ufc as a sport, ufc and mma is about respect, brock isn't.......

                  somebody needs to beat him severely and teach him another lesson
                  I agree, completely.

                  The way I see it, and this is just my opinion, is like this.

                  Mir comes off as the way he does in interviews on purpose. He's able to give respect when respect is due and he's confident in himself. When he says something, in general, it's to hype a fight.

                  Brock Lesnar comes off the way he does in interviews because he truly believes he's better than everyone else.

                  I could be completely wrong but that's just the way it seems to me.
                  Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

                  It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - Im taking mir. Its gonna be another submission.

                    Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves - GSP all the way

                    Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago - Thiago

                    Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher - Akiyama

                    Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping - Bisping
                    "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

                    Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

                    Comment


                    • I honestly dont even know why lesnar is champ right now. He's only fought 4 times in the UFC. Doesnt seem right, and honestly, id love to see mir get him in a rear naked choke or a nice arm bar, and make him tap like a punk... not a fan of lesnar at all.
                      "Chillez was right Brock is best champ in the UFC, I Jump on Mir bandwagon and he got crushed."

                      Chillez won the sig bet. Congrats. Up next for brock? Fedor... stay tuned.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                        [FONT="Arial"]

                        Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir - Mir

                        Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves - GSP

                        Jon Fitch vs. Paulo Thiago - Fitch

                        Yoshihiro Akiyama vs. Alan Belcher - Akiyama

                        [FONT="Arial"]Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping - Hendo, and I want him to make Misbing bleed... a lot.

                        I really, really dont like Bisbing after seeing this past season of TUF. I didnt mind him before... but I want to see Hendo hurt him. Not bad and not seriously... but a few tears and some blood would suffice.
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                        Comment


                        • I can't stand Brock Lesnar.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider View Post
                            I honestly dont even know why lesnar is champ right now. He's only fought 4 times in the UFC. Doesnt seem right, and honestly, id love to see mir get him in a rear naked choke or a nice arm bar, and make him tap like a punk... not a fan of lesnar at all.
                            He's the biggest hype for the UFC right now and that's the only reason. I agree though that he should have had more fights to even get a title shot.

                            Speaking of hype you guys remember Kimbo Slice? Well he's going to be on the Ultimate Fighter Heavyweights.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
                              He's the biggest hype for the UFC right now and that's the only reason. I agree though that he should have had more fights to even get a title shot.

                              Speaking of hype you guys remember Kimbo Slice? Well he's going to be on the Ultimate Fighter Heavyweights.
                              And he's gonna get his ass handed to him by someone with more technical ability. Then he's gonna pop off and Dana is gonna ban him from the UFC.
                              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                              Comment


                              • Lesnar vs Mir - Mir via out technically boxing Lesnar long enough to the point
                                Lesnar resorts to what he does best, wrestling. In an attempt to pass Mir's
                                guard, he will get caught in an armbar. Mir via snapped arm!!!

                                GSP vs Alves - GSP. Ok, i've been very timid about saying this because of how
                                dangerous Alves is, but it's my belief that GSP will stifle Alves with his ever
                                improving boxing/kickboxing. He will win the stand up fight up until mid round
                                two where he will take down Alves and finish him via domination. GSP is always
                                improving and I think we see his best striking performance to date.

                                Fitch vs Thiago - Fitch via superior everything. UD.

                                Akiyama vs Belchar - Akiyama via UD.

                                Hendo vs Bisping - Hendo via catching Bisping while trying to run away. Then
                                smashing his face in via GnP.
                                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

                                ^^^Get used to it.^^^

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X