MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
    And he's gonna get his ass handed to him by someone with more technical ability. Then he's gonna pop off and Dana is gonna ban him from the UFC.
    Nelson will win it all.

His only pro losses are to Monson, Arlovski, and um **** i forgot but someone
    else really good.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
      Nelson will win it all.

His only pro losses are to Monson, Arlovski, and um **** i forgot but someone
      else really good.
      I cant agree or disagree with you... yet. I've not looked over the roster of the next TUF yet.

But... how can anyone possibly loose to this guy??? :doh:
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by OaklandxxRaider View Post
        I honestly dont even know why lesnar is champ right now. He's only fought 4 times in the UFC. Doesn't seem right, and honestly, id love to see mir get him in a rear naked choke or a nice arm bar, and make him tap like a punk... not a fan of lesnar at all.
        He beat a former 5 time UFC champion and MMA pioneer in Randy Couture in his 4th fight don't not blame Brock for title fight Randy requested to fight Brock and Dana White made the fight happen. For crying out loud Brock did not deserve the title fight put he took advantage of it and won fair and square. People are just sore losers and are jealous he's champ so fast. Randy got a title fight after a loss LOL.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
          He beat a former 5 time UFC champion and MMA pioneer in Randy Couture in his 4th fight don't not blame Brock for title fight Randy requested to fight Brock and Dana White made the fight happen. For crying out loud Brock did not deserve the title fight put he took advantage of it and won fair and square. People are just sore losers and are jealous he's champ so fast. Randy got a title fight after a loss LOL.
          he's only champ because of his name

face it

if it was cain velasquez he'd still be waiting for his shot....like cain is lol

just admit it, he got a quick trip to the front of the line, because of who he is, and his fame

do yourself a favor, be honest lol
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
            i saw an interview where he was very gracious, and he said he wants to be punched by fedor at least once before he retires , so he knows what it feels like

he was giving respect to fedor

now lesnar on the other hand acts like a complete jackass inside and outside the octagon

i'd love to see him humbled again, cause he thinks his **** doesn't stink

thank god he's already at least lost once in the ufc

hey i loved wwf, but that attitude will kill ufc as a sport, ufc and mma is about respect, brock isn't.......

somebody needs to beat him severely and teach him another lesson

I want Mir to get his ass humbled he said in interview Brock punches like a

little girl and didn't even hurt me. Put when we see at UFC 81 Mir was

getting ass handed to him until he pulled the sub. Yeah Brock not a honest

and humble guy from this interview. I don't dislike Frank in any way other

than he's got a win over me," Lesnar said on a call to promote UFC 100. "This

is a sport. I consider myself a gentleman, and sportsmanlike conduct takes

precedence in this." source:

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/07/06/frank-mir-brock-lesnar-say-they-dont-

dislike-each-other/

Mir is so jealous of Brock because maken more money than him so he

complains no stop to Dana White.

I cant wait until Saturday night when Brock TKO/KO Mir 2nd RD.
            sigpic

Comment

I want Mir to get his ass humbled he said in interview Brock punches like a

little girl and didn't even hurt me. Put when we see at UFC 81 Mir was

getting ass handed to him until he pulled the sub. Yeah Brock not a honest

and humble guy from this interview. I don't dislike Frank in any way other

than he's got a win over me," Lesnar said on a call to promote UFC 100. "This

is a sport. I consider myself a gentleman, and sportsmanlike conduct takes

precedence in this." source:

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/07/06/frank-mir-brock-lesnar-say-they-dont-

dislike-each-other/

Mir is so jealous of Brock because maken more money than him so he

complains no stop to Dana White.

I cant wait until Saturday night when Brock TKO/KO Mir 2nd RD.
              at least mir had to pay his dues, unlike your guy who needed a hand-out from the boss

that's a fact, son
              sigpic

Comment

he's only champ because of his name

face it

if it was cain velasquez he'd still be waiting for his shot....like cain is lol

just admit it, he got a quick trip to the front of the line, because of who he is, and his fame

do yourself a favor, be honest lol
                He beat HH who was a top 20 HW at the time. Randy was top 5 at the time everyone wanted him to fight Fedor until Brock beat him than everyone was saying Randy is washed up and a old man go figure. Cain Valasquez!?!? He got rocked 3 times against Cheick Kongo if had no wrestling he would of got owned completely. Shane Carwin going tool Cain just wacth and see. I will admit Fedor, Josh Barnett and Carwin are only fighters atm that I can see who can defeat Brock.
                sigpic

Comment

at least mir had to pay his dues, unlike your guy who needed a hand-out from the boss

that's a fact, son
                  Not only did Mir pay his dues he came back from a helluva motorcycle accident that stripped him of his belt to begin with. Now, to be competing to put it back on... and not just interim!?!? Dood has my respect.

Comment

He beat HH who was a top 20 HW at the time. Randy was top 5 at the time everyone wanted him to fight Fedor until Brock beat him than everyone was saying Randy is washed up and a old man go figure. Cain Valasquez!?!? He got rocked 3 times against Cheick Kongo if had no wrestling he would of got owned completely. Shane Carwin going tool Cain just wacth and see. I will admit Fedor, Josh Barnett and Carwin are only fighters atm that I can see who can defeat Brock.

You mean, outside of Mir who did beat him....?

Comment

that's a fact, son
                      So your saying if Dana White offered you a title fight you would turn it down?

BTW, Name me 1 fighter that has had tuffer competition in there first 4 fights

than Brock?

Fact = Brock Lesnar UFC Heavyweight Champion!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

You mean, outside of Mir who did beat him....?
                        He got lucky and that damn ref Steve Mazzagatti screwed Brock. Frank Mir

beat a washed up Nog. Nogueria chain is gone which was so famous for, He

just been in too many battles and wars for so many years.
                        Last edited by Chillez; 07-06-2009, 05:04 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

He got lucky and that damn ref Steve Mazzagatti screwed Brock. Frank Mir

beat a washed up Nog. Nogueria chain is gone which was so famous for, He

just been in too many battles and wars for so many years.
                          "Got lucky" is a matter of perception. He took a few good shot sand was getting his ass handed to him but his experience is what won the fight. Brock left his foot out there so Mir took it. What? Did you expect him to look at his foot and not take it htinking- "Naw... that's just too lucky"?

Fact- Mir beat Brock.

And furthermore... you were the one who was defending Brock against his win over Randy yet you contradict yourself by then calling Nog "washed up" when Mir beat him... can't have it both ways.

Fact- Mir, the better MMA fighter, beat Brock, the better WWE entertainer.

Comment

• To start off, let's go over someone who will have his first four fights at the very least equivalent to Lesnar's as far as difficulty goes. (This is comparing only fights held within the UFC)

Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua

First fight: Forrest Griffin. Very comparable to Lesnar getting drawn up against Mir in his UFC debut. Mir was a former champ and Forrest would become a future champ. Both opponents are considered top ten within their weight divisions.

Second Fight: Mark Coleman. Again, very comparable to Brock having to fight Heath Herring. Actually, as far as accolades go, Coleman was the more accomplished fighter. Coleman was older, so that's one drawback, but still I wouldn't say one was more difficult than the other.

Third Fight: Chuck Liddell. Chuck, a former light heavyweight champion, possessing KO power in each hand. He was in the twilight of his career, yes, but we have to remember Brock was fighting Randy. Couture was in his mid 40s and suffered a HUGE weight disadvantage to Lesnar. Weight was pretty much even between Shogun and Liddell.

Fourth Fight: Lyoto 'The Dragon' Machida. There's no argument here. As good as Mir is (I'm a huge fan) Machida is one of the most elite mixed martial artists in the world. He's undefeated and the scary thing is he keeps improving. Lyoto is by far the toughest competition that has been mentioned.

So, there you are, one fighter that has what I believe a more difficult path than Brock.

As for the rest, you can't discredit Mir's victory over Nog and try to give Brock merit for beating Randy. It doesn't work that way. If you want to call Big Nog washed up then you have to call Couture washed up. The real truth is they both lost to the better man that night.

Edit: If you want another person, I can even offer that. Just look at the competition Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson faced upon his debut in the UFC. Or Dan Henderson upon his return to the UFC.
                            Last edited by Nightwing; 07-06-2009, 05:45 PM.
                            Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nightwing View Post

As for the rest, you can't discredit Mir's victory over Nog and try to give Brock merit for beating Randy. It doesn't work that way. If you want to call Big Nog washed up then you have to call Couture washed up. The real truth is they both lost to the better man that night.

Quoted to further show my point.

Comment

"Got lucky" is a matter of perception. He took a few good shot sand was getting his ass handed to him but his experience is what won the fight. Brock left his foot out there so Mir took it. What? Did you expect him to look at his foot and not take it htinking- "Naw... that's just too lucky"?

Fact- Mir beat Brock.

And furthermore... you were the one who was defending Brock against his win over Randy yet you contradict yourself by then calling Nog "washed up" when Mir beat him... can't have it both ways.

Fact- Mir, the better MMA fighter, beat Brock, the better WWE entertainer.
                                Nog looked "washed up in that fight. That is by far worst fight ever seen Nog fight and I'm fan of his. I agree Mir won due to experience and it was only Brock 2nd MMA fight. Brock has not done WWE in 5 years and he HATED it watch some interviews he had no money coming from a small town in Webster South Dakota. Brock is a former 2000 Division 1-A National Champion in wrestling and runner up in 1999 lost to Stephen Neal 3 time Super Bowl Champion with New England Patriots and still starts today. Brock by far is best athlete in MMA after he defeats Mir people will say Mir sucks.

Brock Lesnar has passed every NCAA, WWE, NFL and NSAC steroid test. HGH? Being ****in' huge since college, where would a poor Minnesota farm boy find the funds for HGH?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X