MMA Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    King Mo was never even in my top 5 LHW's even before the fight.

Shogun
    Rampage
    Machida
    Evans
    Jon Jones

Would all destroy King Mo. Once again proving Strikeforce is the division II of MMA compared to UFC.

The only card I really enjoyed watching from Strikeforce has been the Fedor vs Rogers fight.
    Agreed but some people had him ranked in top 5 which was crazy. Strikeforce

is CFL and UFC is NFL. It's a second rate promoation... :paper:
    sigpic

Comment

• Anybody going to UFC 121?

I just got my tickets pretty lame though i had to cough up almost and extra 100 bucks because they wouldn't allow me to buy two of the cheapest tickets.

I had to buy two the second cheapest.

Great card though.

You would think that the UFC being a multi million dollar corporation they could make nice posters for their events.

Last edited by jc13; 08-23-2010, 01:23 PM.
      Now go get your shine box

Comment

• Akiyama is now going to train at Greg Jackson's gym now which is amazing because his cardio will actually be in shape then. (vs Bisping)

I'll be devastated if Akiyama loses two in a row now.

Comment

Akiyama is now going to train at Greg Jackson's gym now which is amazing because his cardio will actually be in shape then. (vs Bisping)

I'll be devastated if Akiyama loses two in a row now.
          He won't.

Sexy's judo + striking + cardio = Bisping loss.
          Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
            He won't.

Sexy's judo + striking + cardio = Bisping loss.
            judo is underrated.

Stupid Sonnen is getting his rematch so we won't see Bisping/Akiyama vs Sonnen.

but good contenders match.

Comment

• Originally posted by jc13 View Post
              judo is underrated.

Stupid Sonnen is getting his rematch so we won't see Bisping/Akiyama vs Sonnen.

but good contenders match.
              Belfort should be fighting Nate soon for a #1 contender spot.. But I will have to
              say Leban needs a highly ranked opponent because he is in the mix too.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Belfort should be fighting Nate soon for a #1 contender spot.. But I will have to
                say Leban needs a highly ranked opponent because he is in the mix too.
                I was hoping that if Bisping where to win they could have Bisping and Sonnen be coached on TUF.

Imagine that.

Comment

I was hoping that if Bisping where to win they could have Bisping and Sonnen be coached on TUF.

Imagine that.
                  I think they want to keep a Champion on TUF, and that won't be either of the
                  above

Not to mention Bisping is 2-2 in his last 4 fights with his wins over Dan Miller and
                  Dennis Kang... He is a long way from a title shot.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

I think they want to keep a Champion on TUF, and that won't be either of the
                    above

Not to mention Bisping is 2-2 in his last 4 fights with his wins over Dan Miller and
                    Dennis Kang... He is a long way from a title shot.
                    yea but Bisping publicly called out Sonnen and said that Sonnen wouldn't lay on him for 5 rounds and Sonnen replied with "if he addresses me again in public like that I will bury him were he stands"

Comment

yea but Bisping publicly called out Sonnen and said that Sonnen wouldn't lay on him for 5 rounds and Sonnen replied with "if he addresses me again in public like that I will bury him were he stands"
                      Ahhhhh thats great! Gotta at least admire Sonnen's mouth, and based on the way he looked vs the best he prob would bury Bisping.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
                        Ahhhhh thats great! Gotta at least admire Sonnen's mouth, and based on the way he looked vs the best he prob would bury Bisping.
                        Yep, I'd bet he would do a number on Bisping just like Hendo did.
                        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• I hate Chael Sonnen(R) it's a shame they are giving him a rematch he TAPPED and clearly did.

Theres no controversy there and It wasn't a phantom tap he definitely tapped out he even said he blacked out at one point of the submission so he plain out lost.

Uncle Dana sees it as a way to make money on another big card its a joke in my opinion when you got guys like Yushin Okami and Belfort still in the mix.

There planning it for possibly New Years or Superbowl weekend card once Andersen's ribs heal.

I don't like Sonnen but i can't deny the fact that hes hilarious and being a coach on TUF is glorious TV waiting to happen. Id watch it and with Bisping as the opposing coach they got to do it. Hopefully in 2011.

There's actually video of Chael calling out Bisping on MMA live on ESPN but I'm to tired to go hunt for it right now and there's also a tweet where Bisping calls Sonnen out.

Comment

• James Toney looked so fat coming into the weigh in.

Comment

James Toney looked so fat coming into the weigh in.
                              I can't wait to see him get stomped.
                              sigpic

Comment

James Toney looked so fat coming into the weigh in.
                                Don't be fooled by Toney I'm pretty sure he could go 12 rounds he's a pro boxer which means hes probably been training his cardio for a long time. The dude looked pretty lean at the weigh ins IMO.

But obviously that doesn't have anything to do with his MMA skills.

Comment

Working...
                                X