No announcement yet.

Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholas Walters isn't bad at all, lol. He put it on Donaire, the first 3 rounds was like hookfest 2014 but then Walters got the jab going & it was smooth sailing.

Comment

• First time watching ggg fight & he didn't disapoint.

Comment

• yeah roach said that cotto is going for alvearez then ggg which i think is cool.

as a fan of pacs, id like to see him fight ggg.

elway, was it all ggg or did rubio fight for the 2 rounds lol.
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
          yeah roach said that cotto is going for alvearez then ggg which i think is cool.

as a fan of pacs, id like to see him fight ggg.

elway, was it all ggg or did rubio fight for the 2 rounds lol.
          Ggg said he wants Cotto but Ward wants ggg. I say ggg and Ward go ahead and make that fight, it'd be huge. Rubio weighed in over & I think he was defeated before that. Lol

Comment

• man that would be cool.to see
            cotto alvarez
            ward vs ggg

winners advance

how do you think ward would do vs ggg?
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

man that would be cool.to see
              cotto alvarez
              ward vs ggg

winners advance

how do you think ward would do vs ggg?
              It's hard for me to say how ggg would do against ward? That's the only time I've watched ggg fight but if I had to choose, I'd go Ward. Ward is supposed to be the best pound for pound out there.

Comment

• ive heard wards name but dont know much about him....
                everytime i think i know who the top ones are a new name pops up lol
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

ive heard wards name but dont know much about him....
                  everytime i think i know who the top ones are a new name pops up lol
                  Ranking the top fighters p4p right now, this is would be my personal list:

10. Erislandy Lara
                  9. Saul Alvarez
                  8. Mikey Garcia
                  7. Juan Manuel Marquez
                  6. Timothy Bradley
                  5. Guillermo Rigondeaux
                  4. Manny Pacquiao
                  3. Wladimir Klitschko
                  2. Andre Ward
                  1. Floyd Mayweather

My list of fighters to watch out for would be:
                  1. Gennady Golovkin
                  2. Terence Crawford
                  3. Kell Brook
                  4. Sergey Kovalev
                  5. Keith Thurman*
                  6. Nicholas Walters
                  7. Leo Santa Cruz
                  8. Demetrius Andrade
                  9. Vasyl Lomachenko
                  10. Deontay Wilder/Adonis Stevenson

* Put Thurman in at 5, strictly based on where I have him ranked overall. Otherwise I'd have him at 2.
                  Last edited by Spice 1; 10-20-2014, 09:47 AM.

Comment

• I've watched ggg fight numerous times. He's scary. I don't see him having a problem with Cotto or Ward.

People in boxing know this guy is a monster and the only reason he's not a household name is people really don't want to face him until they have to. Nobody wanted to fight him. However, he's reached the "have to' point so now it gets fun.
                    Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• thanks for the list!
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Spice I have to question Floyd being one? He sure hasn't looked it in his last few fights!

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                          Spice I have to question Floyd being one? He sure hasn't looked it in his last few fights!
                          This is true, but you can only do so much with the eye test. Styles making fights and all. Then you have to figure in a fighter's resume. It's tricky business, for sure. I'm probably one of the few people you'll see with Wlad ahead of Pac or Mikey Garcia on their list.

Ward's been so inactive, and there's really not much left for him at SuperMiddle. Tht's why he needs Golovkin. If he were to beat Golovkin, it would leave little doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            This is true, but you can only do so much with the eye test. Styles making fights and all. Then you have to figure in a fighter's resume. It's tricky business, for sure. I'm probably one of the few people you'll see with Wlad ahead of Pac or Mikey Garcia on their list.

Ward's been so inactive, and there's really not much left for him at SuperMiddle. Tht's why he needs Golovkin. If he were to beat Golovkin, it would leave little doubt.
                            While my favorite fighter of all time is Roy Jones Jr I don't think he did the best job at picking the toughest opponents. It was his one downfall. He should have fought Hopkins a second time earlier in his career when he was on top of his game. Imo he would have beat Benard easily. The same can be said for Floyd, he's not fighting the best. His physical talents are no where near what Roy's were.

Wlad is where he is because of the lack of great heavyweight opposition. No Lenox Lewis, Riddick Bowe, Evander Holyfield, Tyson ect. Imo that's why boxing has lost some of it's luster, boxing goes as the heavyweight division goes. The heavyweight division isn't up to par for the casual boxing fan. Just my two cents.

Comment

• people get too caught up with heavyweights though. you dont have to have massive guys to have a good fight...limits your viewing pleasure. like i said i enjoy battles no matter what the weight.

i stopped watching for the longest time because of a few things. ppv is way to expensive especially when most of the undercard fights were junk. Also they need to revamp judging. too many fights where judges had totally different scores than all of the experts. Also sort of change up how often or how matches are made.

showtime had an interesting idea with that super 6 showdown a few years back.
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

people get too caught up with heavyweights though. you dont have to have massive guys to have a good fight...limits your viewing pleasure. like i said i enjoy battles no matter what the weight.

i stopped watching for the longest time because of a few things. ppv is way to expensive especially when most of the undercard fights were junk. Also they need to revamp judging. too many fights where judges had totally different scores than all of the experts. Also sort of change up how often or how matches are made.

showtime had an interesting idea with that super 6 showdown a few years back.
                                Hey man, I agree with you and Spice but you know I'm right. Boxing was probably at It's height in the 90's, It's just a fact. I hated Tyson, liked Holyfield, Bowe & Lewis ect. While the heavyweights got all the hype I was watching Hagler vs Hearns, best fight ever, lol. I loved fights, I remember sitting down with one of my friends scoring the Oscar vs Tito fight becuse he liked Oscar & I was rooting for Felix! Heck I watched Ali fight Holmes. I seen boxing at It's height & miss that man.

Comment

Working...
                                X