Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Looking like the Mega Fight Mayweather/Pacquiao is going down May 2nd. Should be announced SB Sunday.

So stoked
    100.00 PPV for HD wouldn't surprise me at all. Better be one hell of a card, if it goes through.

Comment

• if this falls through i want manny to fight canelo. after seeing some highlights of thurman i think pac would put him down....especially if he does what he did in his last fight
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
        if this falls through i want manny to fight canelo. after seeing some highlights of thurman i think pac would put him down....especially if he does what he did in his last fight
        Canelo is already signed to fight Kirkland May 2nd or a later date if/when Mayweather/Pac is announced.

If it falls through Mayweather fights Cotto May 2nd, Pac fights Khan May 30. And Canelo would fight Kirkland May 2nd, in Vegas as well which would piss off Mayweather lol
        sigpic

Comment

Canelo is already signed to fight Kirkland May 2nd or a later date if/when Mayweather/Pac is announced.

If it falls through Mayweather fights Cotto May 2nd, Pac fights Khan May 30. And Canelo would fight Kirkland May 2nd, in Vegas as well which would piss off Mayweather lol
          ah thanks for the update!
          do you think that could be a reason why we are seeing these face to face meetings between the two all of a sudden?

i could be wrong but i remember khan being a sparring partner with pac for quite a while ...
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

ah thanks for the update!
            do you think that could be a reason why we are seeing these face to face meetings between the two all of a sudden?

i could be wrong but i remember khan being a sparring partner with pac for quite a while ...
            I think they are meeting so Mayweather doesn't have to talk to Arum who he hates. So much pressure is on Floyd now I don't see anyway that this fight isn't made. Just waiting for HBO/Showtime to finish their agreement.

And you are correct Khan was Pacs sparring partner. Khan and his glass chin are gonna be pissed because he wanted to fight Floyd. Missing on Pac/Floyd hurts him since he can't fight in September which is Floyds last fight. Honestly I think this is the last fight for both. You may see Pac fight one more time in the fall, but IMO they are just getting the last payday.
            sigpic

Comment

• I've been waiting for the Kirkland/Alvarez matchup for a while now. If Alvarez wins, I hope he doesn't run from Andrade. That'd be the next fight I'd want to see. If there's any truth to the rumors that Kirkland is up around 200lbs right now, the fight might not be as good as advertised.

Comment

• I'm excited for GGG vs Murray next Saturday. GGG very well may be the best boxer right now at all weight classes. Boxing is severely lacking some great heavy weights right now
                sigpic

Comment

I'm excited for GGG vs Murray next Saturday. GGG very well may be the best boxer right now at all weight classes. Boxing is severely lacking some great heavy weights right now
                  You could be right about GGG. I hope Murray knows what he's doing.

Wilder shows promise, but he's another tall, outfighting doppelganger. Slow on his feet, doesn't put a lot of punches together, and tries to fight guys with the jab and straight on the outside. His power has been the main draw, so his failure to KO Stiverne was a bit disappointing. People won't pay to watch him unless he KO's everybody. I think Jennings is going to get smashed by Klitschko. I'm no where near sold on Tyson Fury either. As weird as it sounds, I think the best thing for the HW division is for Wlad to either get beat or retire. I respect Wlad more than most, but he's just too good for the current landscape. I think all these other guys are very beatable. If all goes well, Wilder could end up being Wlad's last fight down the road, win or lose.

Comment

• Mayweather vs. Pacquiao announced, finally happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• yeah and since jr finally shut his mouth long enough to make it happen. i could be wrong but i really hope pac comes out angry. i dont want to see him friendly and smiling....
                      usually i like that pac is like that but if theres one person who needs a beat down in brutal fashion its jr.

undercard better be fantastic. im not paying 100 for ANY show...
                      now if you had the other fights going on on may 2 as the undercard maybe....no probably not.

anyone know of a place in northern co that would show this?
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

yeah and since jr finally shut his mouth long enough to make it happen. i could be wrong but i really hope pac comes out angry. i dont want to see him friendly and smiling....
                        usually i like that pac is like that but if theres one person who needs a beat down in brutal fashion its jr.

undercard better be fantastic. im not paying 100 for ANY show...
                        now if you had the other fights going on on may 2 as the undercard maybe....no probably not.

anyone know of a place in northern co that would show this?
                        I guess there will be a Top Rank fight and a Mayweather Promotions fight. So who knows, but I would expect J'Leon Love to be in TMT bout. They are pretty much banking on the fight selling itself, and they're probably right on in that most casual fans wouldn't care who else was on the card anyway. That, and they know that the more serious fans wouldn't miss the live fight regardless.

Comment

• a lot of fighters saying ggg doesnt have the speed to keep up with the top fighters. why arent they fighting him then?

anything ever happen with cotto?i know kahn is still looking to fight someone..
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

a lot of fighters saying ggg doesnt have the speed to keep up with the top fighters. why arent they fighting him then?

anything ever happen with cotto?i know kahn is still looking to fight someone..
                            GGG wears guys down though, and sure, he leaves himself wide open for the right hook, but has anybody hurt him? Murray tagged him numerous times with it, and did nothing. GGG is really patient. He doesn't seem to care about giving up one or two rounds to get a couple good shots in. And it only takes a couple shots to start breaking guys down. I don't know how you feel about him, but as of right now, I call bull on the idea that he's too slow. Murray is a guy who's never been beaten up in the ring. He lasted almost 11 rounds, but dude got beat up pretty bad.

Ppl have been talking about Cotto/Bradley for a while now, which makes sense for both fighters. I bet Khan ends up with a Brandon Rios bout. Brandon Rios is a dangerous fight for Khan, but just about his only realistic option at this point. Unless he wants to take about another year off. It would be awesome to see Khan/Rios on the Mayweather undercard, but thts a pipe dream. Rios/Khan would be great though, I think. Khan could dominate him like Pac did, or get knocked out. Likely a combination of both.

I hope One Time shuts Guerrero's mouth once and for all. Can't wait for that one.

Comment

• Wouldn't it be great to see Pac put Money on his tail! 6 years too late, but at least they finally made it happen...
                              Last edited by ELWAY421; 02-27-2015, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• yes it would. its almost like its good vs bad. one comes from nothing in the poorest country and tries to help everyone, even makes the person laugh and smile when they are supposed to be hating his guts. the other talks trash, covets money and beats his wife...

whos guerrero facing?
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X