Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    yes it would. its almost like its good vs bad. one comes from nothing in the poorest country and tries to help everyone, even makes the person laugh and smile when they are supposed to be hating his guts. the other talks trash, covets money and beats his wife...

    whos guerrero facing?
    He actually stepped up, and took the fight with Thurman. He must think he sees something. If he's thinking bout turning the fight into a phone booth brawl, it could get ugly. I respect Guerrero's heart and toughness, but the way he ducked Thurman and then dissed him bugged me. At least he agreed to the fight, finally.

    Comment


    • oh wow so someone faced him. i dont pay much attention to trash talking. its all moot with one punch anyways.

      and i agree about ggg
      Glen Haven Fire

      Comment


      • Momentum is starting to build for this Adrien Broner/Amir Khan fight. This is a fight that I thought might happen a couple years ago, and at this point, it's about all Khan has. I foolishly tossed Rios' name out there, completely overlooking the fact that Arum won't work with anyone at the peril of his own fighters. It doesn't look like Khan wants to wait around to fight Brook, and he wants no part of a Maidana rematch.

        This would be a very interesting fight, because people have it in their minds that Khan would kill Broner. They have to remember that Broner is top notch at picking guys off when they step into the pocket. It wouldn't be as simple as Khan unloading and escaping like he's been doing.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
          Momentum is starting to build for this Adrien Broner/Amir Khan fight. This is a fight that I thought might happen a couple years ago, and at this point, it's about all Khan has. I foolishly tossed Rios' name out there, completely overlooking the fact that Arum won't work with anyone at the peril of his own fighters. It doesn't look like Khan wants to wait around to fight Brook, and he wants no part of a Maidana rematch.

          This would be a very interesting fight, because people have it in their minds that Khan would kill Broner. They have to remember that Broner is top notch at picking guys off when they step into the pocket. It wouldn't be as simple as Khan unloading and escaping like he's been doing.
          Did you get to see any of the Manny/ Floyd presser? Is Floyd becoming punch drunk or was he nervous as all get out? He sounded like a boxer that has those punch drunk symptoms. Speaking of punch drunk, have you read that Roy Jones is attempting a comeback for a title bout. Man, I don't want to see my favorite of all time be one of those guys who can't let go. I don't want to see him damage his legacy any more than he already has. Let it go Roy! Looking forward to Kovalev vs Pascal.....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
            Did you get to see any of the Manny/ Floyd presser? Is Floyd becoming punch drunk or was he nervous as all get out? He sounded like a boxer that has those punch drunk symptoms. Speaking of punch drunk, have you read that Roy Jones is attempting a comeback for a title bout. Man, I don't want to see my favorite of all time be one of those guys who can't let go. I don't want to see him damage his legacy any more than he already has. Let it go Roy! Looking forward to Kovalev vs Pascal.....
            Yeah, Floyd's a weird cat. That's what money does to people, I guess. I don't know what Roy is trying to prove. People love RJJ as it stands, and he's not going to add much to his resume. I guess he's still got something to prove to himself. The build up for Pascal/Kovalev is playing out more like a eulogy. lol. Idk what Pascal's purse will be, but hopefully it's a substantial sum.

            Comment


            • didnt see any highlights but it sounded like keiths fight was a good one.

              i think broner could definitely beat khan. too bad that not a fight on the under card.

              hey i know how rjj was. what he does now wont tarnish that for me
              Glen Haven Fire

              Comment


              • way to go amir! kell said he would fight you and what happens. I have nothing against chris but seriously?

                and i had to laugh at paulie malignaggi. sat there and says kell brook and kahn are better than pac and floyd. brook at this point isnt close but he will be and the jury is still out on kahn being elite.

                who has pualie beaten that was top tier?
                Glen Haven Fire

                Comment


                • i may have missed it and i dont think much of petersons performance tonight but i didnt see it as close as it was. i just dont think you can run for half a fight, not knock him down, dance around and expect to win. maybe i was just ticked about the prancing around but if im facing an undefeated fighter, im not gonna showboat...im gonna be too busy trying to destroy him.
                  Glen Haven Fire

                  Comment


                  • Khan is losing what little fanbase he had left at this point.

                    I've never been a Peterson fan. He stayed away from Garcia for a couple reasons as I see it. Number one, he waited too long to move out of range against Matthysse and got knocked stupid right off the bat. Number two, Garcia's power goes away in the late rounds. It was a smart gameplan, but he didn't work enough in the early rounds. I didn't give him any of those rounds either.

                    I mean, there's a blueprint for beating Garcia (Juddah is kind of the one who exposed him), but for Peterson it was more about not getting KO'd early than it was about winning the fight.

                    You didn't see the Quillin/Lee fight did you? Classic fight. After Lee went down in the first round, I offered a bet that Lee would win the fight. Nobody thought I was serious. He should have won the fight. I knew straight away that Quillin stepped on his foot in the third, and the ref totally blew it. Korobov would've beaten Quillin, too.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                      Khan is losing what little fanbase he had left at this point.

                      I've never been a Peterson fan. He stayed away from Garcia for a couple reasons as I see it. Number one, he waited too long to move out of range against Matthysse and got knocked stupid right off the bat. Number two, Garcia's power goes away in the late rounds. It was a smart gameplan, but he didn't work enough in the early rounds. I didn't give him any of those rounds either.

                      I mean, there's a blueprint for beating Garcia (Juddah is kind of the one who exposed him), but for Peterson it was more about not getting KO'd early than it was about winning the fight.

                      You didn't see the Quillin/Lee fight did you? Classic fight. After Lee went down in the first round, I offered a bet that Lee would win the fight. Nobody thought I was serious. He should have won the fight. I knew straight away that Quillin stepped on his foot in the third, and the ref totally blew it. Korobov would've beaten Quillin, too.
                      no i totally forgot it was on for a bit. i turned it on right before the garcia fight. i wish i could have seen it as it sounds like it was the better fight

                      i looked at a few boxing sites and it seems most people thought lamont won and i just cant figure out how. not only did he only run and dance but he never countered when he could have.
                      Glen Haven Fire

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                        Khan is losing what little fanbase he had left at this point.

                        I've never been a Peterson fan. He stayed away from Garcia for a couple reasons as I see it. Number one, he waited too long to move out of range against Matthysse and got knocked stupid right off the bat. Number two, Garcia's power goes away in the late rounds. It was a smart gameplan, but he didn't work enough in the early rounds. I didn't give him any of those rounds either.

                        I mean, there's a blueprint for beating Garcia (Juddah is kind of the one who exposed him), but for Peterson it was more about not getting KO'd early than it was about winning the fight.

                        You didn't see the Quillin/Lee fight did you? Classic fight. After Lee went down in the first round, I offered a bet that Lee would win the fight. Nobody thought I was serious. He should have won the fight. I knew straight away that Quillin stepped on his foot in the third, and the ref totally blew it. Korobov would've beaten Quillin, too.
                        Khan has Floyd syndrome despite not beating anyone, when at least Floyd in the early stages beat big name. His algerie fight is complete BS. The fact that he thinks de deserves a big PPV fight against Floyd or Pac is disturbing.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Anyone who was holding their breath for Showtime and HBO to come together for a Stephenson/Kovalev fight can forget about it, I guess. The Showtime/HBO thing is really disturbing, because it was inevitable that Showtime got either Kovalev or Stephenson. Once that happened, the best possible fight at LHW (the one fight that really matters) became impossible. Stephenson got the money, Showtime got their fighter, and we all got screwed into watching them whip on bums and wonder what could have been. It's kinda like Paq and May only to a lesser degree.

                          Andre Ward can change that by moving up to 175. Stephenson is already 37, and it's only a matter of time until he's gone and forgotten.

                          Comment


                          • i watched the maidana and canelo vs mayweather fights and other than his accuracy, i didnt see mayweather winning for a majority of the fights. he didnt dictate the pace or intensity in either one. i still dont know why maidana was deducted a point and i applaud both for how they handled may covering their mouth with his glove
                            Glen Haven Fire

                            Comment


                            • Floyd is warped! Is he great? Yes. Is he on Ali's level? Absolutely not! I started watching boxing at a young age, and prime for prime, pound for pound I can't say that Floyd is even in my top ten. He literally thinks he's the greatest ever.

                              Comment


                              • 8 days and counting! Is this fight putting boxing back on the map so to speak? Who cares about mma is what I say.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X