No announcement yet.

Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah i cant wait....anyone have any leads on places to go watch this fight? i can afford a 10 dollar cover charge but not 90...
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
      yeah i cant wait....anyone have any leads on places to go watch this fight? i can afford a 10 dollar cover charge but not 90...
      Yeah, no doubt. 100 for hd is crazy, but I'm still tempted lol. I'd say any sports bar will have the fight. There's a heavyweight fight tonight I believe, and free if you have HBO.

Comment

• the one thing manny HAS to do in this fight is cut off the ring. I already believe floyd is the one opponent that he wont be chummy with and will fight to knock him out. If you watch the cotto fight, manny has too much respect to seriously hurt him.

floyd has definitely been different prefight. the normal trash talk isnt there. its interesting that judah wants to fight again after sparring with him.

with manny you cant tell as roach tends to run all media like he is in psyops. talks trash then leaks that pac is having trouble against certain sparring opponents like its a bait and trap. with the cotto fight it was played up that cotto had the speed to match which was true to start but not to finish
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• now they charge per the rooms fire code occupancy in commercial/retail places.
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

yeah i cant wait....anyone have any leads on places to go watch this fight? i can afford a 10 dollar cover charge but not 90...
            I'm charging $10...unfortunately I live in N.H...LOL
            sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
            Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
            PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

• im on my way! lol

my place is too small for 10 people
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                8 days and counting! Is this fight putting boxing back on the map so to speak? Who cares about mma is what I say.
                We will see, but I agree about MMA not a big fan.

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                i watched the maidana and canelo vs mayweather fights and other than his accuracy, i didnt see mayweather winning for a majority of the fights. he didnt dictate the pace or intensity in either one. i still dont know why maidana was deducted a point and i applaud both for how they handled may covering their mouth with his glove
                Really you thought floyd wasn't winning those fights? I thought the complete opposite. Canelo was an absolute schooling . Maidana was able to play rough for the first few rounds but after floyd figured him out it was too easy. Maidana II was even easier. Outside of the 1 shot maiden got at the end of the 3rd or 4th round mayweather coasted.
                sigpic

Comment

• im biased as i like fights. i dont care for his style of fighting. you cant win fights running. what made jmm a great counter puncher is he understood and was willing to take shots in order to give them. it was the only way to take pac down. pernell was similar but had fantastic defense too

floyd always looks unwilling to take any punch.

you can call me old school.
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• I'm going to have anywhere from 5-10 people over. I'm paying for the fight and the beer. If anybody offers me any money, I won't turn it down though. lol. Never though I'd see the day that I'd pay 100 for a fight.

Comment

im biased as i like fights. i dont care for his style of fighting. you cant win fights running. what made jmm a great counter puncher is he understood and was willing to take shots in order to give them. it was the only way to take pac down. pernell was similar but had fantastic defense too

floyd always looks unwilling to take any punch.

you can call me old school.
                      I get what you're saying, but I have as much respect for defensive fighters as action fighters (the boxer/fighter comparison). The thing about Floyd, if you watch the Alvarez and first Maidana fights, is that he actually stands in the pocket a lot in those fights. He's rare in that he can stand right in front of a guy and make him consistently miss three out of four punches. That's how guys get tired so fast. I actually think he's better when he sticks and moves, but he likes to stand toe to toe with guys a lot.

It's a personal preference as far as what you like watching though. For sure.

Comment

• its interesting cause in floyd fights they praise him for making a guy miss and backing away. in pacs fights they talk about how you cant win in defense mode against pac. I would have to say that pac early in his career wouldve lost as he didnt have the defense. i dont want a replay of bradley 1.
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

its interesting cause in floyd fights they praise him for making a guy miss and backing away. in pacs fights they talk about how you cant win in defense mode against pac. I would have to say that pac early in his career wouldve lost as he didnt have the defense. i dont want a replay of bradley 1.
                          If Pac's conditioning is elite, and he's able to outwork Floyd in a close fight, I wouldn't be surprised to see them give the decision to Pac. I think Floyd has to look good. And by that I mean he has to stay off the ropes like he likes to do.

Comment

• im not worried about pacs conditioning. i was happy when he started throwing less to try and bait opponents. for a while there he would just increase volume of punches especially when got hurt.

i think the biggest tell in this fight will be if pac can cut off the ring...if he is able to...goodnight may jr

if i can come over ill donate 20 and i dont drink hardly ever anymore.
                            Last edited by armedequation; 04-28-2015, 01:15 PM.
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• i just realized this but we are in vegas for the wifes navigator conference until friday afternoon...and i wont even be able to go to the weigh in...
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Just read that Floyd will be making around 200 million for the fight. He plans to fight one last fight in September, and it won't be a Manny rematch.

Comment

Working...
                                X