Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Manny weighed 145, Floyd 146. Manny broke eye contact man. Floyd looked mad, and all about business.
    according to atlas manny lost the fight already cause he broke eye contact. anyone who knows manny knows he likes to joke and smile at these things. he will be all business in the ring.

still cant believe mannys dad ate his dog...
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
      according to atlas manny lost the fight already cause he broke eye contact. anyone who knows manny knows he likes to joke and smile at these things. he will be all business in the ring.

still cant believe mannys dad ate his dog...
      Lol, Manny is ready, you, and I both know that. As far as the dog? No Comment. You might as well went, and sat in on First Take while you were there man. Seeing that sunshine on tv made wish I was there.

Comment

Lol, Manny is ready, you, and I both know that. As far as the dog? No Comment. You might as well went, and sat in on First Take while you were there man. Seeing that sunshine on tv made wish I was there.
        its probably good that i didnt get to be there. i might have said something to smith along the lines of "money and clothes dont make a man" but im in enemy territory so...

im a small mountain town person so im ready to get out of here. vegas is all image and money and im not into either. i really wish i could have met pac though. i have family thats filipino and i know where he comes from. the tough places here have nothing on the philipines. manny sold donuts for a nickel more than he bought them for while sleeping in a cardboard box......i wouldnt have made it....i would have eaten the donuts...
        Last edited by armedequation; 05-01-2015, 04:25 PM.
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

its probably good that i didnt get to be there. i might have said something to smith along the lines of "money and clothes dont make a man" but im in enemy territory so...

im a small mountain town person so im ready to get out of here. vegas is all image and money and im not into either. i really wish i could have met pac though. i have family thats filipino and i know where he comes from. the tough places here have nothing on the philipines. manny sold donuts for a nickel more than he bought them for while sleeping in a cardboard box......i wouldnt have made it....i would have eaten the donuts...
          I have nothing but respect for Manny! I so hope he pulls this fight out. Man, it would make my whole month. I think he has the know how, and the physical skills. He just needs to go make it happen now.

Comment

• yeah the sunshine was nice. it wore down little man pretty quickly. i got to take him swimming for the very first time which was awesome!
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

yeah the sunshine was nice. it wore down little man pretty quickly. i got to take him swimming for the very first time which was awesome!
              Congrats bro. I have 3 boys. It's WWE at my house, lol. Even our dog is a male, my wife is overwhelmed haha.

Comment

• haha wwe....

my wife saw this and said your wife should have fought for a female dog lol
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

haha wwe....

my wife saw this and said your wife should have fought for a female dog lol
                  Lol, she didn't even want a dog at all. He was a surprise. Haha. She was surprised alright.

Comment

• think size will matter in this fight? i believe mannys been the smaller fighter in a lot of his fights namely margarito. i guess it will depend on if floyd wants his size to matter...
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Cotto was bigger than Manny, how'd that work out? They did fight at a catch weight I'm pretty sure, but Manny handled Cotto well. Algeri was bigger than Manny, and Manny crushed him. So, no I don't think size will come into play. I think Manny has to be conditioned well enough to throw punches, and chase Floyd for 12 rounds.

Comment

• I watched part of May/Maidana II last night, and is it just me or does Kenny Bayless refuse to let fighters clinch? He didn't even give them a chance to fight out of it. He would jump in and break the action anytime they got close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                          I watched part of May/Maidana II last night, and is it just me or does Kenny Bayless refuse to let fighters clinch? He didn't even give them a chance to fight out of it. He would jump in and break the action anytime they got close.
                          I heard that very same thing on TV. Who does that favor is the question? I think Floyd is better on the inside than Manny, so it favors Manny. Or.... am I way off?

Comment

I heard that very same thing on TV. Who does that favor is the question? I think Floyd is better on the inside than Manny, so it favors Manny. Or.... am I way off?
                            In the Maidana fight, I think it helped May, because it gave him a free exit. He was trying to fight on the move for most of that fight. Maidana also had success in roughing Mayweather up in the first fight. Maidana likes to get inside and maul people, but having to constantly reset hurt him in that fight.

I don't think it hurts Pac Man much in this fight, because he doesn't clinch a lot. I actually think that Mayweather is more of an inside fighter than Manny is, so IMO it's a wash. If Mayweather looks to clinch anytime Pacquiao get's close, it could help him though. I expect to see Mayweather try to smother Pacquiao a lot when he gets close in this fight.

Comment

• ......so the wife said to just order it. we are having tacos and 2 friends over. she said that by the time we go down the mountain and have dinner and drinks and paying for the gas that we might as well stay and watch it.

i told her "thats why your the brains of the operation"
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                                In the Maidana fight, I think it helped May, because it gave him a free exit. He was trying to fight on the move for most of that fight. Maidana also had success in roughing Mayweather up in the first fight. Maidana likes to get inside and maul people, but having to constantly reset hurt him in that fight.

I don't think it hurts Pac Man much in this fight, because he doesn't clinch a lot. I actually think that Mayweather is more of an inside fighter than Manny is, so IMO it's a wash. If Mayweather looks to clinch anytime Pacquiao get's close, it could help him though. I expect to see Mayweather try to smother Pacquiao a lot when he gets close in this fight.
                                Do you see Floyd coming forward in this fight or Manny chasing Floyd?

Comment

Working...
                                X