Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Thing is the topic is silly. It can never happen, nobody is gonna sanction a man v. Woman fight. If it happened and Mayweather won people would have pitch folks asking for him to be arrested.

I honestly think the idea is stupid and the only reason Rousey keeps bringing it up is because she likes talking, she likes attention, and she knows she can talk it up all she wants, it makes her look good.
    the media keeps asking her about it, actually.
    sigpic

Comment

• Glad cotto/canelo was finalized.

So now the rumors are that danny garcia or terrance crawford are the front runners to fight pac next. I dont know anything about crawford yet so i have no idea but from the get go i believe a 100% healthy pac would beat garcia. Maybe that why talks have died down about kahn facing pac.

I havent heard anything about kovalev..
      Hey roy finally got a ko the other night.
      I still dont really care about heavyweight div. Maybe im not seeing the right fights. I really feel that the 137 to 175pd range has had the best fights for years. In fact the last heavyweight fight i got excited to see and actually went to the mall of america to pay for and watch was when rjj fought at heavyweight against john ruiz
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
        Glad cotto/canelo was finalized.

So now the rumors are that danny garcia or terrance crawford are the front runners to fight pac next. I dont know anything about crawford yet so i have no idea but from the get go i believe a 100% healthy pac would beat garcia. Maybe that why talks have died down about kahn facing pac.

I havent heard anything about kovalev..
        Hey roy finally got a ko the other night.
        I still dont really care about heavyweight div. Maybe im not seeing the right fights. I really feel that the 137 to 175pd range has had the best fights for years. In fact the last heavyweight fight i got excited to see and actually went to the mall of america to pay for and watch was when rjj fought at heavyweight against john ruiz
        It's looking like Crawford has been matched up with Dierry Jean, a prospect who got beat pretty convincingly by Lamont Peterson. Best fight to see Crawford in action is the Gamboa fight. HIGHLY recomend it. I agree on Garcia. He'd probably get worked by Pacquiao. I don't see that fight happening, though.

For the time being, I'm thinking Kovalev is still likely to rematch Pascal. Problem is that, not only did Pascal almost or possibly get beat in his last fight, but Lucian Bute just won impressively. I could see Kovalev stepping over Pascal for Bute, or Bute getting a rematch with Pascal. It's too bad Beterbiev's team came to their senses and put a stop to the Kovalev negotiations. That would have been a great fight as long as it lasted.

When I look at the guys Roy is fighting, I always think he should just retire, before he winds up in Holyfied territory. But then, I see Tarver in action, and I see where the confidence to keep going comes from. I can't help but wonder if Tarver is even training for his fights. Now Antonio wants to fight Klitschko...yikes. He needs to get Chris Byrd on the phone.

How do you feel about the talk of Thurman/Porter?

Comment

• Didnt tarver almost lose his last fight?he hasnt looked like hes taken training seriously in a while. Almost like his training involves a lot of ben and jerrys ice cream.

I will take a look at that crawford/gamboa fight tonight.

I could be wrong but kovalev seems to have so much confidence that he would be willing to fight anyone. Be reminds me a little of calzaghe in his fight style...just without the flash.

Im all for thurman fighting anyone of significance. One it may open the door to finally bigger names and i want to see someone really test him.

Didnt bradley just sign a fight with someone? I love the kids heart but at this time i just dont see him having the power to stop many people at any higher of a weight class. Look at what moving up in classes did to pacs ko numbers.
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Abner mares vs santa cruz on espn this weekend. Ive never seen them fight but it seems like it would be a good one. What are your thoughts?
            I think its definitely worth the watch as its supposedly on espn...

Also what are your thoughts on kell brook vs bradley?
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              the media keeps asking her about it, actually.
              And she could easily pass it up. Also she her self at times brings up Mayweather without the media asking her about it. For example when she won an ESPY.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Abner mares vs santa cruz on espn this weekend. Ive never seen them fight but it seems like it would be a good one. What are your thoughts?
                I think its definitely worth the watch as its supposedly on espn...

Also what are your thoughts on kell brook vs bradley?
                Tim Bradley vs Kell Brook? Doesn't get any better than that. Brook is probably in the gym holding people right now in preparation. See, Brook has the style to beat Bradley, but so did Vargas. That's the thing about Desert Storm. Dude has heart for days and can go for miles and miles. Would be great if that fight were to happen. I suspect Bradley would get him. He won't allow himself to be held like Porter did. Bradley can fight in multi dimensions, and adapt in the ring.

I used to have Mares ranked like 12-14 p4p or something. He was really on his way until he got silly against Gonzalez. For whatever reason, he hasn't gotten the rematch against Gonzalez, who he should have outboxed or KO'd. Now Gonzalez is yesterday's news, and Mares is still untested since the knock out loss. Santa Cruz is a high volume, action fighter with seemingly no power. So it's a matter of figuring out if Mares is still the boxer he once was, or will Santa Cruz out work him. I will go with Mares simply because I'm holding out hope that he can return to being an elite fighter.

Comment

• I thought brook vs bradley was official?

So if stevenson wont fight pascal, would he fight kovalev?

I watched gamboa/crawford and you could tell in the beginning that gamboa was headed for trouble. He lunged for what seemed like every connected power punch. While i think crawford has talent he should be a ways away from fighting the elites...

So now theres all this squabbling about how berto is an ideal candidate to face may. People for berto argue that no champ has faced top tier talent after their mega fight. People against say berto in no way deserves this shot based on his record for the past few fights which i agree with.

People are also saying that ggg is ducking ward. I dont agree with that at all. If anything i would say that he learned from rjj and how he played out moving up and down in classes so much
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I thought brook vs bradley was official?

So if stevenson wont fight pascal, would he fight kovalev?

I watched gamboa/crawford and you could tell in the beginning that gamboa was headed for trouble. He lunged for what seemed like every connected power punch. While i think crawford has talent he should be a ways away from fighting the elites...

So now theres all this squabbling about how berto is an ideal candidate to face may. People for berto argue that no champ has faced top tier talent after their mega fight. People against say berto in no way deserves this shot based on his record for the past few fights which i agree with.

People are also saying that ggg is ducking ward. I dont agree with that at all. If anything i would say that he learned from rjj and how he played out moving up and down in classes so much
                    Stevenson won't fight anybody, lol. To his cred he tried to fight Sergey after the fact, but the HBO/Showtime thing shut negotiations down last time around. The window for that fight probably closed well over a year ago. Stevenson missed his opportunity. He'll be out of the picture sooner or later.

I've heard a lot of people try to sell Berto to me, some of whom actually have very convincing arguments. At the end of the day though, a garbage fight is a garbage fight. Holmes fought Michael Spinks (one of the three or four best LHW's of all time) while he (Spinks) was still undefeated. Marciano fought Archie Moore for crying out loud.

You don't have to fight a legend, just fight a contender. Berto stopped being a real contender years ago. Beating Josesito Lopez means next to nothing in the grand scheme of things. Hell, beating Andre Berto doesn't do much for your resume either...

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                      And she could easily pass it up. Also she her self at times brings up Mayweather without the media asking her about it. For example when she won an ESPY.
                      true, that was pretty funny

i can see why some people think she is being classless for talking bad about him but at the same time, he isn't really a likable guy and a woman beater, so to me it's just funny.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                        true, that was pretty funny

i can see why some people think she is being classless for talking bad about him but at the same time, he isn't really a likable guy and a woman beater, so to me it's just funny.
                        Rousey is classless for many reasons beyond Mayweather. I just think the Mayweather v. Rousey banter from her, from the media, and fans is just silly and unneeded.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Then i guess they both deserve each other.

Castillo vs corrales was on last night so i had to record it. From what i remember, they had some good battles that i never got a chance to see. Ive heard rumors of a corrales return too.

What are thoughts on groves vs jack? Ive heard their names before but again have never seen them fight...
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Then i guess they both deserve each other.

Castillo vs corrales was on last night so i had to record it. From what i remember, they had some good battles that i never got a chance to see. Ive heard rumors of a corrales return too.

What are thoughts on groves vs jack? Ive heard their names before but again have never seen them fight...
                            I agree. Castillo/Corrales was a great, great fight. You're probably thinking of Castillo coming back. Castillo got a huge shot last year against Provodnikov, and didn't get it done. It might be time to hang 'em up, but that's always up to the fighter to decide when he needs to walk away. The type of fighter that Diego was, he'd probably be long retired by now anyways. We'll never know, though. He was fun while he lasted, that's for sure.

Groves/Jack should actually be a pretty good fight. I see Groves knocking him out. Hard to say, the way Groves got smoked by Froch last time around. Have to see where he is mentally. It was supposed to be Anthony Dirrell fighting Groves, but of course, he found a way to lose to Badou Jack. Anthony is definitely not his brother...then again, Andre is no longer Andre either.

Can't wait for the Alvarez/Cotto fight, man. I'm ready to roll. Would be great if Ward got on the undercard, but I doubt it.

Comment

• Did you hear about beterbiev? So hes got a fight scheduled and i cant remember who against but if he wins then he may become the mandatory challenger for kovalev. That would be interesting if that panned out.

I never realized how many undercard fights thurman has been in...
                              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Cruz vs mares wasnt bad last night. Mares seemed to go all out in first 3 rounds even if it meant burning himself out for later rounds

I hate politics so i have no idea why top rank is suing haymon. At this point i dont see the boxers from each side fighting each other. And that stinks....
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X