No announcement yet.

Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be shocked if Thurman don't knock Porter out.

Comment

• Round 6 and I feel like Thurman is wearing down a bit. Porter is bringing it.... Keep going to the body.

Comment

• Spice, where you at lol. Porter is rolling and countering with skill. Anything can happen, but Thurman appears to be losing gas.... Go Porter!!! Starting round 8...

Comment

• I got the fight even going into the 9th. Huge body shot by Porter to steal the 8th...

Comment

• Porter takes round 9 imo. Thurman should be utilizing the jab more.... I have Porter winning this great fight!

Comment

• Wow!!! Just wow, what a way to end the round....

Comment

• Thurman took the 11th with ease. That round hurt Porter's chances.

Comment

• Well, if you ever watched the movie any which way you can you've heard the saying that was one hell of a fight! Thurman should win but it was close. Closer than the judges may score it....

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                    Spice, where you at lol. Porter is rolling and countering with skill. Anything can happen, but Thurman appears to be losing gas.... Go Porter!!! Starting round 8...
                    Yeah, Porter wears guys out. Thurman must be in incredible shape. Porter too, to take those shots. Fight was closer than it needed to be for Thurman. Idt think he works on his jab enough, and he mixes it up, but he doesn't change speeds on his punches. If Thurman is to have a shot at beating Spence, he has to be more measured and set his punches up.

I will say this though. I doubt Spence has a chin like Porter's. Problem is Spence is harder to hit, and he throws wicked body shots. Could be trouble. I've seen Thurman hurt bad to the body in his last two fights.

You know what's crazy is the only guy to knock Porter down is Broner with that check left hook. lol. Adrien Broner drops him and Thurman doesn't. That's what I mean when I say Thurman needs to set his punches up a little better. With that kind of power and speed, he'd drop everybody.

Comment

• I didnt get to watch it but thurman only threw 32 jabs so its easy to see how he couldnt set porter up for the big shot. Think porter landed 50 some.

Thurman is calling out garcia next supposedly. So if ggg gets past eubank jr, id like to see him fight spence
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• So postol/crawford coming up who do you guys have or want to win?

Basically the only 2 fighters i see pac facing is crawford if he wins or vargas. I dont know much about vargas other than hes a top rank boxer and his only loss was controversial. Thoughts on that match up?
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                          So postol/crawford coming up who do you guys have or want to win?

Basically the only 2 fighters i see pac facing is crawford if he wins or vargas. I dont know much about vargas other than hes a top rank boxer and his only loss was controversial. Thoughts on that match up?
                          Gotta go with Crawford, but Postol is a machine on the outside. He broke Matthysse down like nobody I've seen. Should be a pretty good fight. I won't pay for it.

Vargas is a real good fighter, but Pacquiao would whip 'em I think. Wouldn't be PPV caliber. Crawford/Pacquiao...that's the money fight right there. I would LOVE to see him fight Danny Garcia, but that's unlikely. Pacquiao/Thurman down the road would be sweet too. Put Pac in the ring w/anybody and it's going to be a good fight honestly, though.

You think Brook has a shot in hell against GGG?

Comment

• I dont know what brooks weight is when hes not fighting which brook jumping up 2 weight classes is the story of this fight so far. If he normally is bigger than where he fights then he might have a chance just like anyone on any given night if they dont let the judges get involved....
                            It may cause an uproar if brook wins though...then id like to see pac fight brook...

Im hesitant to be excited about pac fighting again. I cant imagine having the weight of the pines on your mind and trying to focus on a fight. Cant imagine it to be easy.
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                              I dont know what brooks weight is when hes not fighting which brook jumping up 2 weight classes is the story of this fight so far. If he normally is bigger than where he fights then he might have a chance just like anyone on any given night if they dont let the judges get involved....
                              It may cause an uproar if brook wins though...then id like to see pac fight brook...

Im hesitant to be excited about pac fighting again. I cant imagine having the weight of the pines on your mind and trying to focus on a fight. Cant imagine it to be easy.
                              I think it's going to be fight of the year...and it's on regular HBO? I feel bad for the people who paid for Lemieux/Golovkin. The judging dynamic is going to be interesting. The fight is in Brook's back yard, and we don't know if Golovkin is judged like Canelo, because nobody goes the distance with him.

Couple of fights that could be coming up. Word is that Cotto and Marquez are in negotiations. Also, Errol Spence being paired with Leonard Bundu (a Keith Thurman opponent) makes me thing they are planning to put Thurman and Spence in the ring some time in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if Spence's next opponent is another Thurman opponent.

Comment

• Well spice you called it. Spence looks to fight bundu here in the fall!

And now that kovalev vs ward is set, stevenson wants the winner
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X