No announcement yet.

Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That vid about canelo and ggg was awesome! Its like they were both perfect for each others strengths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lt.dan237 View Post
      That vid about canelo and ggg was awesome! Its like they were both perfect for each others strengths.
      And it's funny, because they do some things almost exactly alike. Canelo push jabs like GGG does sometimes, and they both love to step in and lead w/the left hook to the body. I think it's an interesting dynamic, how GGG likes to throw that block jab, but Canelo likes to slip it and counter with the right. Fight is going to be worth the money. Can't say the same for May and McGregor, Idt. If I know somebody who gets May/McGregor though, I'm there for sure.

Comment

• Yeah i wont touch may n mac.

I have however been loving boxing on espn! Im not a big fan of top rank but i do like what they have done for tv and boxing

Comment

Yeah i wont touch may n mac.

I have however been loving boxing on espn! Im not a big fan of top rank but i do like what they have done for tv and boxing
          Gvozdyk is making me sick right now. Idk what he's doing aside from the obvious: Trying to emulate Lomachenko (they're buds). Gvozdyk needs to set up the uppercut, and stop messing around. He's not throwing anything with conviction.

Comment

• Well, Indongo has good reflexes. That's about it. Idk how a guy who throws punches like that won those belts. Wide open. You were dead on about swinging for the fences.

Comment

• Baker started jabbing back which i think threw him off. Gvozdyk doesnt have footwork to fight like loman.

Indongo watched film im sure and knew that craw can throw compactly. Im not sure why thought he could throw wide with out setting it up. Pretty easy unification for crawford. If craw moves up it should be for a fight against thurman, not pac. Craw waited too long for that to mean anything

Comment

Baker started jabbing back which i think threw him off. Gvozdyk doesnt have footwork to fight like loman.

Indongo watched film im sure and knew that craw can throw compactly. Im not sure why thought he could throw wide with out setting it up. Pretty easy unification for crawford. If craw moves up it should be for a fight against thurman, not pac. Craw waited too long for that to mean anything
                Gvozdyk looked incredible in his last fight, but he concentrated on ring generalship in this fight for whatever reason. Trying to set Baker up. Could've been their fight plan. You're right, he's much more flat footed that Loma. Doesn't throw the same variety, and isn't nearly as good inside.

Thurman/Crawford would be great as long as it lasted. Idk if Thurman can beat him, but he is a big Welter, and he only needs one good shot. Keith has a lot of heart, and athleticism. He has a good boxing IQ, and he would need every bit of it to catch and stop Crawford. Stoppage would be his path to victory, I think.

Comment

• Who is crawfords first loss? Mike garcia? Im not sure craw would want to drop weight from here. Im not sure how loman would do going up in weight either.

Id love to see loman vs rig next
                  Last edited by Lt.dan237; 08-20-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Who is crawfords first loss? Mike garcia? Im not sure craw would want to drop weight from here. Im not sure how loman would do going up in weight either.

Id love to see loman vs rig next
                    That's the only guy I can see in the foreseeable future having a really good chance of beating him. Even then, Idk. Mikey really didn't carry his power to 140, at least it didn't look that way. Broner has a good chin and shelled up most of the night, though. Broner did respect his power, but got hit with shots Garcia was knocking guys out with. When Crawford moves up, I can see Thurman and Spence giving him a good challenge. Idt Lomachenko is going to materialize anytime soon, if ever.

Depending on how people feel about Andre Ward, and the winner or Canelo/GGG, Loma/Rigo could be for P4P#1.

Comment

• I would give it to ward right now. Until canelo-ggg fight. Who would you take in the loma/rigo fight? I cant say as i havent watched enough rigo to say yet. Loma moving up worries me more when/if he goes up in weight. Hes been caught with a good punch a few times which wouldnt be good against say mikey garcia

Does davis missing weight effect his career? I dont know much about that aspect but i do know they will have a harder time getting people to fight if they are always overweight

Comment

I would give it to ward right now. Until canelo-ggg fight. Who would you take in the loma/rigo fight? I cant say as i havent watched enough rigo to say yet. Loma moving up worries me more when/if he goes up in weight. Hes been caught with a good punch a few times which wouldnt be good against say mikey garcia

Does davis missing weight effect his career? I dont know much about that aspect but i do know they will have a harder time getting people to fight if they are always overweight
                        Well, the only thing I worry about with Lomachenko is his approach. He focuses on ring generalship, and moves guys around until he feels safe. SYSTEMATIC. Like....Wladimir Klitschko. Totally different fighters, but same philosophy. Break a guy down until it's safe, and then take him out. Loma has to be more of a killer in the ring. But yeah, he doesn't have a ton of power, but that's not the issue. He throws so many combinations from so many angles, that he catches guys anyway.

Guys miss weight all the time. Costs them money, and ends up leading to a weight clause in the contract for their next big fight. You talking about Gervonta is super talented, and he's learning under Mayweather. He should be a great fighter. It's a shame.

Bout to watch May/McGregor. I look forward to seeing what McGregor has learned. Like I said...can he climb the ladder, and find a way to take advantage of his natural ability? Probably not. I watched some of Guerrero/May yesterday, and I kept telling myself that Guerrero was doing all of the stuff Connor has to do and he was still losing rounds. The difference is that Guerrero doesn't have the athleticism that McGregor does. So let's see how far McGregor has come. Oh, and when you pressure May, you gotta be ready to unload the hook to the body when he tries to escape. And you gotta be patient when he shells up on the ropes.

Comment

• With loman its more getting hit. I have heard rumors about an eventual fight with garcia or crawford. Both know how to counter with power and how would loman take that power.

Did you end up finding a place to watch it?

Comment

With loman its more getting hit. I have heard rumors about an eventual fight with garcia or crawford. Both know how to counter with power and how would loman take that power.

Did you end up finding a place to watch it?
                            Yeah, I knew I would. I love the sport at the end of the day, and this is actually the most excited I've been about a Mayweather fight since Alvarez or Cotto.

I agree about Lomachenko. He can't do that crap against Rigondeaux. Rigondeaux WILL NOT let him jump left to right or vice versa like that. Mariaga kind of showed glimpses of that at times. He was able to maneuver away from Loma while he was setting up combinations. Imagine Rigo instead of Marriaga.

Comment

• Mayweather vs McGregor PPV

Comment

• Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                                Mayweather vs McGregor PPV

Thats hilarious!
                                sigpic
                                BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Working...
                                X