Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mcgregor is so much bigger. lol

Comment

• Nothing but respect for mcgregor. He ran out of gas, and Floyd is a shell. Surprised by Conor getting tired so fast. Hey, you got 12 rounds bro. Wasn't even working hard. May walked him down most of the night. It was fun. I gotta admit.

Comment

• Fun fight, did a lot better than I thought he would.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
          Nothing but respect for mcgregor. He ran out of gas, and Floyd is a shell. Surprised by Conor getting tired so fast. Hey, you got 12 rounds bro. Wasn't even working hard. May walked him down most of the night. It was fun. I gotta admit.
          Floyd came out hitting some big body shots, that killed any chance McGregor had. As the fight wore on McGregor got worse and worse but if he committed to boxing he could do well in the sport. He won't but he showed more promise early than I thought he would. Pretty predictable fight though. Kind of confused why so many really thought he could just cross over and beat the best

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            Fun fight, did a lot better than I thought he would.
            Yeah. When the fight started, I was like "aw crap here we go". Conor made a huge mistake throwing with so much power early. Quote of the year. " I turned him into a Mexican". Lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              Floyd came out hitting some big body shots, that killed any chance McGregor had. As the fight wore on McGregor got worse and worse but if he committed to boxing he could do well in the sport. He won't but he showed more promise early than I thought he would. Pretty predictable fight though. Kind of confused why so many really thought he could just cross over and beat the best
              Yeah, he did rip some body shots as the fight went on. Conor just wasn't ready for a 12 round fight at the end of the day, though.

Comment

• How did this fight last 10 rounds?

So jack destroys cleverly. Can we get him set up against stevenson, please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lt.dan237 View Post
                  How did this fight last 10 rounds?

So jack destroys cleverly. Can we get him set up against stevenson, please?
                  Jack looked great. Fought Cleverly's fight and dismantled him. I think the Fonfara/Cleverly fight did take a lot out of both guys, though. That was a war. I'd like to see Jack against any of the top LHWs. I think he can beat Stevenson, but it would be tough. Stevenson is simple, but there are certain things he does that make him so dangerous. He's got fast hands, and he throws an up jab. It makes it hard to get away from the left hand. He also throws sporadic right hooks. Makes him hard to deal with, because he'll shoot the left hand from all kinds of angles to the head and body, and they can all take you out. Love to see how Jack deals with him.

May's fight plan was to let McGregor punch himself out, and go to the body like skronk said. That's pretty much what happened. Dude, did you know McGregor has a 74" reach? I was shocked to see that. That's stupid for a 5'9 fighter. Conor used the right hand as a range finder all night, and looked to counter. Floyd chose to stand in the pocket and slap it away. As the fight wore on, Floyd started applying pressure throwing straight punches to the head. It was a good stoppage, but Conor wanted the fight to continue. Like he said, in MMA they'll let a guy fall down and get hit in the back of the head five times before they stop it. That's what he was expecting. Atlas called it before the fight. Both guys are counterpunchers, so Floyd had to make the fight, essentially by walking into harm's way.

Comment

• McGregor did better than expected. Hey, Mayweather is a great boxed, no doubt.

But the true question for me is, of the two, "who would you bet on in a street fight (no weapons of course)?"

I'd bet on McGregor....(unless Mayweather is good at martial arts as well.)

Comment

• Sorry spice but im not impressed with may beating someone who has no record amatuer or professional. Im more impressed that mac lasted as long as he did honestly. With that being said i will probably youtube it so i can actually havea worth while debate on it lol

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        McGregor did better than expected. Hey, Mayweather is a great boxed, no doubt.

But the true question for me is, of the two, "who would you bet on in a street fight (no weapons of course)?"

Well there's a no brainer, Can. I think we already saw how it would go down. McGregor by hammer fist. I thought it was funny how McGregor would step around to Mayweather's back, and try to hit him. He did it like ten times, and Byrd was like, "Dude, how many times?"

Originally posted by Lt.dan237 View Post
                        Sorry spice but im not impressed with may beating someone who has no record amatuer or professional. Im more impressed that mac lasted as long as he did honestly. With that being said i will probably youtube it so i can actually havea worth while debate on it lol
                        It kind of is impressive, though when you think about it. At least, I think it is to a degree. McGregor is over 10 years younger. He outweighed Floyd by about 20lbs, and Floyd had to basically shell up and walk through the guy in order to make the fight entertaining. And everybody talked about how hard McGregor hits, and we saw how hard he really hits, but Mayweather had to walk into some of those shots w/o knowing. So in that sense, I was impressed a little. He fought like a Mexican against a SMW/LHW.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          McGregor did better than expected. Hey, Mayweather is a great boxed, no doubt.

connor went 10 rounds with arguably the best of all time without ever having a pro boxing match. if the roles were reversed, conor would dispatch him in under a minute if he wanted to, it wouldn't even be a competition.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            connor went 10 rounds with arguably the best of all time without ever having a pro boxing match. if the roles were reversed, conor would dispatch him in under a minute if he wanted to, it wouldn't even be a competition.
                            That's all true, and it sounds good, but there's a little more to it. If McGregor was in with a true, prime middleweight like Golovkin or Alvarez...different story. Assuming Floyd fought this guy like he normally fights, it actually would've most likely gone to decision w/a scorecard that looks something like 117-111 Mayweather. Everybody would be throwing Floyd under the bus for not engaging, and the fight would've sucked. So Floyd basically covered up and pressured him. Made the fight entertaining enough. That's how Golovkin fights though, and Golovkin is the same size as McGregor. If you put that guy in front of Golovkin it's over in 1-3 rounds. Not to take anything away from what McGregor did. A fighter's a fighter at the end of the day. You give McGregor 15 years of boxing, and chances are he's a hell of a fighter. His stamina would totally different. Metabolic threshold would be way higher.

But, yeah. McGregor destroys Floyd in the Octagon. No debate there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                              That's all true, and it sounds good, but there's a little more to it. If McGregor was in with a true, prime middleweight like Golovkin or Alvarez...different story. Assuming Floyd fought this guy like he normally fights, it actually would've most likely gone to decision w/a scorecard that looks something like 117-111 Mayweather. Everybody would be throwing Floyd under the bus for not engaging, and the fight would've sucked. So Floyd basically covered up and pressured him. Made the fight entertaining enough. That's how Golovkin fights though, and Golovkin is the same size as McGregor. If you put that guy in front of Golovkin it's over in 1-3 rounds. Not to take anything away from what McGregor did. A fighter's a fighter at the end of the day. You give McGregor 15 years of boxing, and chances are he's a hell of a fighter. His stamina would totally different. Metabolic threshold would be way higher.

But, yeah. McGregor destroys Floyd in the Octagon. No debate there.
                              that opinion holds true to any pure boxer, really any pure stand up fighter. an MMA fighter who has decent boxing skills like connor, stands a little bit of a chance in a boxing match. but in a real fight? or an MMA fight? as soon as the MMA fighter got ahold of the boxer, it's game over.

you may as well put me in the fight because i would stand the same chance on the ground as a boxer who only trains boxing.

not trying to turn this into an MMA vs boxing debate but i'm just saying......
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                                that opinion holds true to any pure boxer, really any pure stand up fighter. an MMA fighter who has decent boxing skills like connor, stands a little bit of a chance in a boxing match. but in a real fight? or an MMA fight? as soon as the MMA fighter got ahold of the boxer, it's game over.

you may as well put me in the fight because i would stand the same chance on the ground as a boxer who only trains boxing.

not trying to turn this into an MMA vs boxing debate but i'm just saying......
                                I wasn't talking about the MMA/Boxing angle, I was just shedding some light as to how McGregor went 10 rounds. I actually got to the point where I thought it was 50/50 whether or not it would go to the cards.

I have no doubt you've got a boss arm bar though, Baph.:thumb: I'm not disagreeing about the transition aspect. I will say this, though. It does go both ways. As far as MMA is concerned, Conor is a stand up fighter. Take Ray Mercer or Holly Holm, for example. Of course, Holm studied martial arts at a young age, but just as an MMA fighter has to re-learn footwork and head movement/glove defense, a boxer has to learn how to defend kicks and take downs. Another thing that's way different is how boxers and MMA fighters control range. It's totally different. Take McGregor maintaining range with his right hand. In an MMA fight, he can set up kicks on top of the left hand. May didn't have to worry about the kick aspect, so he was able to slap it away and step forward only looking for the left.

Comment

Working...
                                X