Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    So basically garcia didnt change much from his fight with thurman? I know garcia has his style but you think hed xhamge it up a little after his thurman loss. Most people know that porter is a workhorse in the ring
    Garcia tends to get outworked late in fights. It wouldn't be that big of an issue for him if he didn't lose his power as the fight goes on. He's pretty dangerous for the first 4-5 rounds, but because he lets the action come to him, he gets dictated to a lot more later on. Juddah was the first guy to do it, and then Peterson did it to him. Peterson would've beaten him, if he didn't wait too long to turn it up. Garcia is a technically good, steady fighter, but he just doesn't have that extra gear when he needs it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      Garcia tends to get outworked late in fights. It wouldn't be that big of an issue for him if he didn't lose his power as the fight goes on. He's pretty dangerous for the first 4-5 rounds, but because he lets the action come to him, he gets dictated to a lot more later on. Juddah was the first guy to do it, and then Peterson did it to him. Peterson would've beaten him, if he didn't wait too long to turn it up. Garcia is a technically good, steady fighter, but he just doesn't have that extra gear when he needs it.
      From what i remember in the thurman fight, garcia just wanted to hang in the center and counter. Not sure where garcia goes from here.
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Mayweather vs Pac Man again!!! Sigh......

Well, I for one ain't buying it lol.

I hope GGG puts Canelo on the mat several times tonight!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
          Mayweather vs Pac Man again!!! Sigh......

Well, I for one ain't buying it lol.

I hope GGG puts Canelo on the mat several times tonight!!!
          One last money grab. I'd like to see Spence or Crawford fight Pacquiao, though.

Comment

• Who's winning? I've seen different opinions.

Comment

Who's winning? I've seen different opinions.
              The feed I'm reading has GGG up by 3 rounds going into 10. Seems pretty reliable.

Comment

• Alvarez got a majority decision. The guy I was following had it 116-112 for GGG.

I'll have to wait until next weekend to know how bad the score was, because both of these fighters have their own knuckle dragger fans.

114-114, 115-113, 115-113.
                Last edited by Spice 1; 09-15-2018, 09:11 PM.

Comment

• From what I'm reading GGG got robbed! Another black eye for the sport of boxing.

Comment

Alvarez got a majority decision. The guy I was following had it 116-112 for GGG.

I'll have to wait until next weekend to know how bad the score was, because both of these fighters have their own knuckle dragger fans.

114-114, 115-113, 115-113.
                    Yeah, I'll be interested on your take. I didn't watch the fight but the feeds I was following mostly all had GGG in command. I was back and forth from ESPN to Bleacher Report. I guess it was close enough to give the nod to Canelo. I've read it was a hell of a fight! Will we get a third?

Comment

Yeah, I'll be interested on your take. I didn't watch the fight but the feeds I was following mostly all had GGG in command. I was back and forth from ESPN to Bleacher Report. I guess it was close enough to give the nod to Canelo. I've read it was a hell of a fight! Will we get a third?
                      Does a bear crap in the woods?

Comment

Do you agree with the decision? Everything i was seeing had canelo down by 1 or 2 rounds going in to the 12th. If this is true who wants to pay money for this a 3rd time?

Yeah even if the pac may fight gets made, i dont think it would come close to the first one in $.
                        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Well, I would hope people wouldn't pay their hard earned money to see GGG out box Canelo but lose because Canelo is the aggressor. Which seems to be the trend. But, yes, bears do crap in the woods.

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                            Do you agree with the decision? Everything i was seeing had canelo down by 1 or 2 rounds going in to the 12th. If this is true who wants to pay money for this a 3rd time?

Yeah even if the pac may fight gets made, i dont think it would come close to the first one in $.
                            I had GGG, but I don't think the score was super bad or anything. It was a very closely fought fight. I think a lot of the stuff GGG landed went unnoticed, because the crowd went nuts every time Alvarez landed. Alvarez was breaking GGG down to the body, and I think he went away from it too soon. He really bothered him with one at 0:58 in the 6th or 5th round. But I heard a lot of Alvarez's people talking about GGG can't fight backing up, and GGG controlled range better than Alvarez did for pretty much the whole fight. lol.

Comment

• Joshua looked ok against Povetkin yesterday. He dictated the fight with the jab throughout, and threw combinations in the first round. Povetkin threw a lot of overhand right leads to counter the jab, and Joshua turned the hook throughout the fight to keep him honest. Joshua started throwing up jabs and looking for the right hand in the 3rd round. He started throwing combinations again in the 6th, finishing with the right hook. It was pretty evident that the right hook would likely be the punch to end it, and it did in the 7th.

I wish Joshua would learn to throw double jabs and jab-left hooks. He's really a one punch guy, who does throw combinations, but they're basic. I'd like to see him mix it up more. Povetkin's lack of reach was an issue here, and that's not something that would be a problem for Wilder. Every time Joshua lowered his right hand, Povetkin tried the left hook with limited success, but the gameplan to counter the jab with overhand rights was smart.

Comment

• Yeah i heard that joshua had a difficult time until he started double jabbing. Lol @ fury. Gotta get past wilder first. Think fury has what it takes to win vs both?

Have you heard anything about when thurman will fight? Welter needs to start having some quality fights. Horn vs craw and porter vs garcia cant be the big ones of the year.
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X