Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    Yeah i heard that joshua had a difficult time until he started double jabbing. Lol @ fury. Gotta get past wilder first. Think fury has what it takes to win vs both?

Have you heard anything about when thurman will fight? Welter needs to start having some quality fights. Horn vs craw and porter vs garcia cant be the big ones of the year.
    As silly as it may seem, I can see Fury beating both of them, because they both have big flaws. Fury is unorthodox, moves around a lot, faints a lot, and is huge. It's a bad combination. The good news is that he's not that good, IMO. I can't stand watching him fight, really. And that's why I won't pay to see him fight Wilder. If Wilder knocks him out, good. I can see that highlight anywhere, and it'll probably the only thing worth seeing in the fight. Wilder has to be aggressive and take risks to beat Fury. That's pretty much who Wilder is.

I saw an interview with Keith recently, where he said for sure that he'll be fighting Porter again. I haven't been paying much attention to the matchmaking gossip, but I doubt we'll get another really good welter fight this year. Crawford and Spence are going to mow down just about anybody they fight before a big fight ever gets made.

Comment

• Crawford swung and missed after being pushed at the weigh in. I briefly watched and almost looked staged lol. Especially after craws comments about the ufc debacle
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Crawford swung and missed after being pushed at the weigh in. I briefly watched and almost looked staged lol. Especially after craws comments about the ufc debacle
        Yeah, looked staged. I hope it was for Crawford's sake, anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
          Yeah, looked staged. I hope it was for Crawford's sake, anyway.
          Haha i thought the same thing
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Someone should remind benavidez that he cant punch with his hands down

He doesnt have enough handspeed or footwork to take craw. Craw looks mediocre from what ive seen though so far

Craws not moving to set and punch like he needs to, he just moves

Nice ko craw. You shouldve been able to do that sooner imo. Looked like a fake or pulled back hook into an uppercut
            Last edited by armedequation; 10-13-2018, 09:27 PM.
            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Someone should remind benavidez that he cant punch with his hands down

He doesnt have enough handspeed or footwork to take craw. Craw looks mediocre from what ive seen though so far

Craws not moving to set and punch like he needs to, he just moves
              Yeah, Benavidez was trying to get Crawford to stand in the pocket and trade. Once his knee was fully gone, he was practically laying on the ropes trying to get Crawford to engage. I gotta give Benavidez a lot of credit for the effort.

Would love to have seen this fight while Benavidez's knee wasn't shot, though. I had it even through 6, and didn't give Jose a round after that. Footwork was ultimately the difference. Benavidez was shooting the right hand to the body, catching Crawford coming in. Once Crawford figured out to step outside the left foot, Jose was screwed. Crawford was jabbing, stepping, and pivoting off the right hook to get away from it. Benavidez just can't move. I will say this though. I don't know if you saw it, but Jose pushed off his back foot to step left and shoot the right hand to the head one time in the last round. He hit Crawford with it, but I don't think he had much on it. If he would've had full power on that shot, he wouldn't have been the one going down in that last round.

Also, I loved watching Ward fight. As a commentator? I think I'm good. I really do.
              Last edited by Spice 1; 10-13-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                Yeah, Benavidez was trying to get Crawford to stand in the pocket and trade. Once his knee was fully gone, he was practically laying on the ropes trying to get Crawford to engage. I gotta give Benavidez a lot of credit for the effort.

Would love to have seen this fight while Benavidez's knee wasn't shot, though. I had it even through 6, and didn't give Jose a round after that. Footwork was ultimately the difference. Benavidez was shooting the right hand to the body, catching Crawford coming in. Once Crawford figured out to step outside the left foot, Jose was screwed. Crawford was jabbing, stepping, and pivoting off the right hook to get away from it. Benavidez just can't move. I will say this though. I don't know if you saw it, but Jose pushed off his back foot to step left and shoot the right hand to the head one time in the last round. He hit Crawford with it, but I don't think he had much on it. If he would've had full power on that shot, he wouldn't have been the one going down in that last round.

Also, I loved watching Ward fight. As a commentator? I think I'm good. I really do.
                Yeah that punch you described caught him. If it was earlier in the fight, that may have done quite a bit more damage.

Whats his next fight? Spence? I would say have thurman do a warmup and lets go but if i remember right he wants a couple fights before hand.

Wonder if arum wants craw to fight pac now that pac signed with someone else
                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Yeah that punch you described caught him. If it was earlier in the fight, that may have done quite a bit more damage.

Whats his next fight? Spence? I would say have thurman do a warmup and lets go but if i remember right he wants a couple fights before hand.

Wonder if arum wants craw to fight pac now that pac signed with someone else
                  They'll spend years setting up Crawford/Spence. lol. I'd like to see Thurman fight somebody, yeah...anybody. Pac should be fighting one of these guys.

Comment

• Man just saw all of the LHW fights coming up, looks like some good ones
                    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Anyone giving Fury a shot? I would if it wasn't for the long lay off. I watched him out box Klitschko, gave him a lesson. The dude can box... I think he'll gas out and eventually get KO'd by Wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                        Anyone giving Fury a shot? I would if it wasn't for the long lay off. I watched him out box Klitschko, gave him a lesson. The dude can box... I think he'll gas out and eventually get KO'd by Wilder.
                        I was watching Fury's last fight the other night, and thinking about it. I think Wilder is going to knock him out, and it's going to be ugly. I'm on the record saying that Fury can beat both Wilder and Joshua, but just envisioning it in my head as I watch Fury in the ring...I see him getting clipped. Fury has a natural understanding. He's a smart fighter. Does a lot of stuff. Awkward, but not just for the sake of it. Decent twitch muscles. Can snap the jab, put punches together with speed. Downstairs, upstairs with hook combinations. Keeps you guessing.

Here's the deal, he's never been in the ring with anything like Wilder. That dude he whipped in his last fight is about as far from a Wilder warmup as you can get. I'm sure Tyson knows what he's getting into, but I don't know if most of his fans do. You can make Wilder stagnant. Ortiz did for a spell...before Wilder decided to drop the hammer. Wilder isn't much of a boxer, but he's a rattlesnake. He'll do things a guy like Klitschko will not, and I see no way whatsoever Fury is going to force Wilder to respect him enough to prevent that from happening. Ortiz couldn't do it.

If Tyson had sweet feet, I could see him outboxing Wilder for 12 rounds. Tyson does not have sweet feet.
                        Last edited by Spice 1; 11-30-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Dont think anyone saw a draw coming, especially after the knock down.

My well wishes go out to stevenson who is in critical condition after being kod by gvozdyk...
                          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Dont think anyone saw a draw coming, especially after the knock down.

My well wishes go out to stevenson who is in critical condition after being kod by gvozdyk...
                            Well...I was right about him getting clipped. Not so much on him getting up. lol. I guess it was a barn burner. For 75.00 though, it better be.

That sucks about Adonis. I remember saying that this could be Stevenson's last ride. He needed to stop Gvozdyk early, because chances were Gvozdyk was going to take him out late. Hope he pulls through ok. This sport will occasionally remind you that it's not like the others. Every time you climb into the ring, you're putting your life on the line. As horrible as it may seem, this is part of the reason why I love it. Guys who know they are hurt, fighting on past their physical limits. That's why it's called the squared circle of truth.

Comment

• Sounds like Wilder wants the rematch with Fury. It makes sense, because technically Fury is still the lineal champ. Unification with Joshua would be a nice draw, but all roads eventually lead to Fury anyway. Plus, the buzz surrounding the first Fury fight will bring in good money for the rematch.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...cid=spartandhp

Also, the latest I'm seeing is that Stevenson remains in a medically induced coma.

Comment

• Fury said he wants to have the match at Old Trafford. Not sure if that would actually be a thing.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X