Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IMO mayweather did have reasonable suspicion to believe manny was using peds, the guy kept moving up in weight classes while maintaining his speed and power, something that is extremely hard to do. Not saying he was or is using peds, but I would want to make sure we are on a fair playing field if I was floyd too - its good for the integrity of the sport of boxing.
    sigpic


    @BlueNOrangeFTW

    Comment


    • Him being from the Phillipines doesn't help his cause either.

      I don't think this fight will ever happen.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TheQBGuru View Post
        what boxing really needs a resurgence from the heavyweight division, because as great as these lighter weight fighters are the American public will never take them completely seriously.
        I think true American heavyweight contenders could help as well.

        Then again, whenever I talk to anyone, I seem to be the only person that really enjoys the Klitschko brothers, especially Wladimir. So I'm pretty happy with the current heavyweight scene.
        Last edited by Nightwing; 05-02-2010, 12:16 PM.
        Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

        It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TheQBGuru View Post
          Him being from the Phillipines doesn't help his cause either.

          I don't think this fight will ever happen.
          Whats this suppose to mean?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bahn View Post
            Whats this suppose to mean?
            Its much easier for someone outside of the United States to get away with using steroids.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TheQBGuru View Post
              Its much easier for someone outside of the United States to get away with using steroids.

              If he only fights outside of the US perhaps. But a lot of his fights were in the US which means he was subject to whoever in the US runs the drug testing for boxers.

              Manny's only objection with the drug testing is that it not be done within 24 hours of the fight. If you think he may juice up within the 24 hours before the fight then they can be drug tested again after the fight.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Nightwing View Post
                I think true American heavyweight contenders could help as well.

                Then again, whenever I talk to anyone, I seem to be the only person that really enjoys the Klitschko brothers, especially Wladimir. So I'm pretty happy with the current heavyweight scene.
                No sense in throwing combinations when you don't have to. People will keep on hating, and they'll keep on winning. I wish Lewis would have given him a rematch. You like Povetkin?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                  IMO mayweather did have reasonable suspicion to believe manny was using peds, the guy kept moving up in weight classes while maintaining his speed and power, something that is extremely hard to do. Not saying he was or is using peds, but I would want to make sure we are on a fair playing field if I was floyd too - its good for the integrity of the sport of boxing.
                  no he didnt. Just because a guy does that doesnt mean he's taking roids. He had no evidence and had to throw something out there to discredit pac. If you have any thoughts that may did this to clean up the sport of boxing then you dont know how jr is and how absurd.

                  i really wish that mosely had a tune up fight or something. Doesnt matter because manny doesnt fade as fights go on....he usually gets stronger
                  Glen Haven Fire

                  Comment


                  • Once again negotiations between Manny and Money May have broken down it would seem. Bob Arum had imposed a 12 am deadline on July 16 for Mayweather to commit to a fight with Pac and wouldn't you know, no response. No statement, no phone call, nothing. Supposedly Roger Mayweather has some pending legal problems that he may have to contend with and it could be that Floyd jr will not fight without him. At least that's what I've heard. Now what was looking like a sure thing is now in trouble of not happening.....again. Talks were going well between the two sides and Pac was giving in to some of Floyds demands, and now with no response from May, Arum has announced that he will begin to look for other fights for Pac while still trying to negotiate with Mayweathers camp. I've heard the super fight may not take place untill May 2011. This is ridiculous already.

                    On a better note Zab "Super" Judah made his return to the ring last night in dominating fashion with a tko in the 3rd round over Jose Armando Santa Cruz at 140lbs. Zab looked good! Quick as ever and knocked Santa Cruz down with a wicked left hook right before finishing him off with a flurry. Judah seems to have a new focus which is great for him and bad for anyone in his way.

                    Also got to watch Sadam Ali do some nice work. This kid has some serious skills. Keep an eye on him.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Biggregb View Post
                      Once again negotiations between Manny and Money May have broken down it would seem. Bob Arum had imposed a 12 am deadline on July 16 for Mayweather to commit to a fight with Pac and wouldn't you know, no response. No statement, no phone call, nothing. Supposedly Roger Mayweather has some pending legal problems that he may have to contend with and it could be that Floyd jr will not fight without him. At least that's what I've heard. Now what was looking like a sure thing is now in trouble of not happening.....again. Talks were going well between the two sides and Pac was giving in to some of Floyds demands, and now with no response from May, Arum has announced that he will begin to look for other fights for Pac while still trying to negotiate with Mayweathers camp. I've heard the super fight may not take place untill May 2011. This is ridiculous already.

                      On a better note Zab "Super" Judah made his return to the ring last night in dominating fashion with a tko in the 3rd round over Jose Armando Santa Cruz at 140lbs. Zab looked good! Quick as ever and knocked Santa Cruz down with a wicked left hook right before finishing him off with a flurry. Judah seems to have a new focus which is great for him and bad for anyone in his way.

                      Also got to watch Sadam Ali do some nice work. This kid has some serious skills. Keep an eye on him.
                      I imagine if Manny gave into all of Floyd's demands, Floyd still wouldn't fight him. I don't think Mayweather is concerned with moving forward, he's just trying to hang on to what legacy he has. If he's not going to fight Pacman, he should have stayed retired.

                      I'm really shocked at what Judah is doing. Last time I saw him fight, he looked very tired. Not sure what he has left in the tank though.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TheQBGuru View Post
                        Him being from the Phillipines doesn't help his cause either.
                        I am not suprised that you would make a statement like this, Very Racist.
                        HE>i

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                          IMO mayweather did have reasonable suspicion to believe manny was using peds, the guy kept moving up in weight classes while maintaining his speed and power, something that is extremely hard to do. Not saying he was or is using peds, but I would want to make sure we are on a fair playing field if I was floyd too - its good for the integrity of the sport of boxing.
                          Yeah, Just like how Oscar DeLa Hoya kept on moving on in different weight classes and dominating them too. Floyd Mayweather is just making up excuses. Traditional this, Traditional that. JUST BRING IT!!!. Manny Pacquiao rightfully deserves this fight.
                          HE>i

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            I imagine if Manny gave into all of Floyd's demands, Floyd still wouldn't fight him. I don't think Mayweather is concerned with moving forward, he's just trying to hang on to what legacy he has. If he's not going to fight Pacman, he should have stayed retired.

                            I'm really shocked at what Judah is doing. Last time I saw him fight, he looked very tired. Not sure what he has left in the tank though.
                            judah looked good and I personally think pac should fight bradley. Cotto at cotto's best wieght would be interesting but I dont think ANY thought should be given to margarito what so ever. Arum talked about not wanting anyone to go on a financial ride by fighting pac but how is anyone not going to be in that situation?

                            may did this back in 02 or 04 where he challenged pac to a fight and when the pac camp said okay, they never heard back
                            Glen Haven Fire

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                              judah looked good and I personally think pac should fight bradley. Cotto at cotto's best wieght would be interesting but I dont think ANY thought should be given to margarito what so ever. Arum talked about not wanting anyone to go on a financial ride by fighting pac but how is anyone not going to be in that situation?

                              may did this back in 02 or 04 where he challenged pac to a fight and when the pac camp said okay, they never heard back
                              I have to agree. The only person Margarito should be reinstated to fight is Cotto. The big money is probably in Cotto/Paquiao though. Paquiao could break the record for most belts in different weight classes, and Cotto garners a lot of money because of his style.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                                I have to agree. The only person Margarito should be reinstated to fight is Cotto. The big money is probably in Cotto/Paquiao though. Paquiao could break the record for most belts in different weight classes, and Cotto garners a lot of money because of his style.
                                the only reason i would like that is because cotto can fight manny at his own personal best wieght and I think he has better control of the ring which would make a much better fight than last. Pac made him look much smaller than he was by commanding the ring with his movement.


                                personally i dont think margarito should fight period. Who knows how many fighters he faced with his hands like that. At this point you cant give him any career credability at all. I dont like arum or his business ettiqute but i would hope he would be smarter than that and not lazy

                                i think arum is wrong about bradley because the super six did wonders for his publicity as a fighter and his reputation for how he fights. Bradleys and pacs styles would make for a real good show if bradley's chin can hold up. I know pacs can because cotto is one of the hardest punchers in the sport according to other boxers who have faced him.

                                i knew floyd would do this and it only makes me dislike him more from a boxing stand point. The only reason this didnt go down is because it was on pacs terms. Look your not the head honcho in the sport anymore, you lost that when you retired. Suck it up and think to yourself how much you could make which is what your really all about : $
                                and at this point in boxing that is nothing but bad news. We need more people with pac's point of view of giving us what we want as fans.

                                and to the media grow up. All you do is say how much you want this fight but then try to say that theres nothing for the sport of boxing once its over. Theres plenty of up and coming talent that will be exciting to watch. It didnt die when Ali and the rest of the big names retired and it wont once pac vs floyd 1 comes to an end
                                Last edited by armedequation; 07-21-2010, 02:03 PM. Reason: PS Spice, i have a feeling cotto would dominate that rematch
                                Glen Haven Fire

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X