• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    I'll take that bet too.
    I'll take that bet as well.

Giants take the division this year, more well rounded top to bottom.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    Sorry bro, but I am missing your point on this one.
    Luck happens.. yes, but not all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    So you predict us to beat the Phillies (a big time world series contender) on luck? Besides, as you just said, Boston won the series on luck after being down 3-0. They did also beat the Cardinals in the world series, so luck does happen, but it can happen to any team, regardless how good they are.
    Sorry bro, but I am missing your point on this one.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
    Like South said you can make it to the LCS on luck and besides looking at the Rockies in 2007 look at Boston in 2004 granted we didn't make it to the LCS on luck but we did make it to the World Series on luck.

So being ok during the regular season gets you to the postseason and who you play gets you to the World Series.
    So you predict us to beat the Phillies (a big time world series contender) on luck? Besides, as you just said, Boston won the series on luck after being down 3-0. They did also beat the Cardinals in the world series, so luck does happen, but it can happen to any team, regardless how good they are.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Like South said you can make it to the LCS on luck and besides looking at the Rockies in 2007 look at Boston in 2004 granted we didn't make it to the LCS on luck but we did make it to the World Series on luck.

So being ok during the regular season gets you to the postseason and who you play gets you to the World Series.
    One strike away from being swept.

Leave a comment:

• #1snake_fan
    replied
    Ok team? You gotta be great to be in the NLCS. Plus, in your prediction, you had us beating the Phillies in the NLDS. So we're just ok?

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Ok team? You gotta be great to be in the NLCS. Plus, in your prediction, you had us beating the Phillies in the NLDS. So we're just ok?
    You "can" make it to an LCS on "luck". Rockies fans do not want to hear it, but you had a ton of luck on your side in 07. The Brewers had to win the last game of the season for you to have to force a one game playoff. Holiday's face first slide into home. Yes, it took a good team to capitalize on that luck, but you cannot. Ignore it.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    I just don't see that happening

Twins and Rockies are ok teams at best with good players on their rosters and they'll have to go through some amazing teams to get to the promise land ... I won't say it won't happen cause anything can happen I just highly doubt it

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by Eddiemac730 View Post
    Yea Baby!... I can't wait!

Rockies VS. Twins World Series!...
    I agree with #1snake for teams to make it, is along shot. The Rox have to go through Philly (or a team that beats them), the Cards, Reds and Giants. The Twins have to face My Sox, the Yanks, and Rangers. So it is a long shot at best.

Leave a comment:

• #1snake_fan
    replied
    My Championships

2x Sox

2x Broncos

1x Miami Heat (soon to be 2x)

Im still waiting for my first taste of Lords Stanley's Cup with my Hometown San Jose Sharks !!!

But yeah the pure Emotion that comes out of true fans when they're team wins it all is amazing I get choked up when I talk about Game 4 of the ALCS in 2004 and Of the World Series in 2004 and 2007 was so special I can't wait for 2011 and for the Sox to hoist the trophy for an EIGHTH time

Leave a comment:

• #1snake_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Eddiemac730 View Post

I just don't see that happening

Twins and Rockies are ok teams at best with good players on their rosters and they'll have to go through some amazing teams to get to the promise land ... I won't say it won't happen cause anything can happen I just highly doubt it

Leave a comment:

• Eddiemac730
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kno-Sean
    replied
    minnesota twins

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    My 2011 predictions

NL West : San Francisco. Not the most powerful lineup but they have amazing pitching and as we've seen Pitching is what wins

NL Central: Cincinnati Reds. I think they are for real they have good pitching and a good line up Votto and Bruce are still young to lead this team for years

NL East: Philadelphia Phillies. Best team in the National League hitting fielding and of course pitching i think their only weak spot is their Closer

NL Wild Card: Colorado Rockies. I think they will finish a game or two out of first behind San Francisco and will make it to the NLCS against the Giants

AL West : Texas Rangers. Good team in a weak division biggest threat ... Oakland

AL Central : Minnesota Twins. Good pitching and a decent lineup and anyline up with Joe Mauer is pretty good

AL East : Boston Red Sox. anyone shocked here ?

AL Wild Card : Oakland Athletics. The Yankees need pitching and they aren't going to get Lariano From Minnestoa and theres really no free agent arms left the Rays suck and the Angels won't catch Oakland or Texas

So the Brackets look like

San Francisco - 3
    Cincinnati - 1

Colorado - 3
    Philadelphia - 2

Texas - 2
    Minnesota - 3

Oakland - 0
    Boston - 3

San Francisco - 4
    Colorado -2

Minnesota - 2
    Boston -4

San Francisco - 0
    Boston - 4

2011 World Series Champions

Boston Red Sox
    San Fran's pretty possible. They'll need to prove losing Uribe won't hurt their lineup and Aubery Huff needs to be more consistant. Who else is there in their lineup other than Buster Posey? I like how you have us beating the Phillies tho :thumb:

I doubt the Sox sweep the Giants, but they should win easily. I say Sox in 5 if that happens
    Last edited by BroncoFanBoy; 03-22-2011, 08:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• #1snake_fan
    replied
    My 2011 Predictions:

NL West: Rockies (IMO, the best all around team in the division)

NL Central: Reds. The Cardinals will be hurt with Wainwright missing the season and Carpenter has injury problems too. I want to see if Grienke can pitch in a hitters park in Milwaukee before I say anything about them.

NL East - Phillies. The Braves will definitely compete, but the Phillies rotation is just too good.

Wild Card - Braves. I expect the Giants to compete, but they did lose a power bat in the offseason (Uribe) and Auriila is old and inconsistent. Hitting helps win in the MLB. (See the Seattle Mariners first before you reply to my comment)

AL West - Rangers. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Athletics win, but Texas is still a very talented team. Even without Cliff Lee.

AL Central - White Sox. Wouldn't surprise me if the Twins won, but IMO, the Sox are better overall than the Twins. I'll give the Twins the advantage, hitting wise, but the Sox have a very good lineup too, and IMO, Chicago's pitching rotation is better.

AL East: Red Sox. Gotta acknowledge what they did in the offseason. They have a very talented team. Would surprise me if they DIDN'T win.

AL Wild Card: Yankees. They're still a great team, but great pitching rotations win ballgames and World Series Titles. Other than CC, who do they got?
    My 2011 predictions

NL West : San Francisco. Not the most powerful lineup but they have amazing pitching and as we've seen Pitching is what wins

NL Central: Cincinnati Reds. I think they are for real they have good pitching and a good line up Votto and Bruce are still young to lead this team for years

NL East: Philadelphia Phillies. Best team in the National League hitting fielding and of course pitching i think their only weak spot is their Closer

NL Wild Card: Colorado Rockies. I think they will finish a game or two out of first behind San Francisco and will make it to the NLCS against the Giants

AL West : Texas Rangers. Good team in a weak division biggest threat ... Oakland

AL Central : Minnesota Twins. Good pitching and a decent lineup and anyline up with Joe Mauer is pretty good

AL East : Boston Red Sox. anyone shocked here ?

AL Wild Card : Oakland Athletics. The Yankees need pitching and they aren't going to get Lariano From Minnestoa and theres really no free agent arms left the Rays suck and the Angels won't catch Oakland or Texas

So the Brackets look like

San Francisco - 3
    Cincinnati - 1

Colorado - 3
    Philadelphia - 2

Texas - 2
    Minnesota - 3

Oakland - 0
    Boston - 3

San Francisco - 4
    Colorado -2

Minnesota - 2