X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Yeah, our future at 1st base really worries me. I agree we need to add another arm as well.

I just have really high hopes this season, and think we can make a deep run for it. But there are better teams out there, no doubt, but we are built for the future, which is very exciting.
    Pujols in 2012!!

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic JS
    replied
    Rockies vs. Yankees in the Word Series!!

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    I've been pretty fortunate so far. Though, I really want to see the Rockies win one more than anything.

Even though I was pretty young I've seen 2 Broncos Superbowls, 2 Avalanche Stanley Cups and 2 Duke Basketball National Championships.

Very emotional no doubt. Goose bumps galore thinking back on any of them.

But just thinking of the last game against AZ to go to the WS in 2007 gives me crazy chills. Very fortunate to be able to attend that game.
    For me it is

x 2 Sox
    x2 Broncos
    x2 Avs
    x1 Celtics
    x 4 Jeff Gordon
    x 5 Jimmie Johnson
    x 2 Al Unser Jr.
    x 3 Patriots

Not to mention any Daytona's or Indy's.
    Last edited by Southstander; 03-21-2011, 11:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    It is a feeling like no other. Heck I am tearing up thinking about it. I hope you know this joy. I also would love to see the Cubbies win it.
    I've been pretty fortunate so far. Though, I really want to see the Rockies win one more than anything.

Even though I was pretty young I've seen 2 Broncos Superbowls, 2 Avalanche Stanley Cups and 2 Duke Basketball National Championships.

Very emotional no doubt. Goose bumps galore thinking back on any of them.

But just thinking of the last game against AZ to go to the WS in 2007 gives me crazy chills. Very fortunate to be able to attend that game.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    You are very lucky indeed. And you very well might see a 3rd.

I hope the Rockies see their first though
    It is a feeling like no other. Heck I am tearing up thinking about it. I hope you know this joy. I also would love to see the Cubbies win it.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    I can live your predictions. If my Sox win a third WS in eight years I do not know what I would do. To think I have been blessed to see it twice, when generations of Sox fans did amazes me. At this point anymore is icing on the cake.
    You are very lucky indeed. And you very well might see a 3rd.

I hope the Rockies see their first though

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    I can live your predictions. If my Sox win a third WS in eight years I do not know what I would do. To think I have been blessed to see it twice, when generations of Sox fans did amazes me. At this point anymore is icing on the cake.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    My 2011 Predictions:

NL West: Rockies (IMO, the best all around team in the division)

NL Central: Reds. The Cardinals will be hurt with Wainwright missing the season and Carpenter has injury problems too. I want to see if Grienke can pitch in a hitters park in Milwaukee before I say anything about them.

NL East - Phillies. The Braves will definitely compete, but the Phillies rotation is just too good.

Wild Card - Braves. I expect the Giants to compete, but they did lose a power bat in the offseason (Uribe) and Auriila is old and inconsistent. Hitting helps win in the MLB. (See the Seattle Mariners first before you reply to my comment)

AL West - Rangers. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Athletics win, but Texas is still a very talented team. Even without Cliff Lee.

AL Central - White Sox. Wouldn't surprise me if the Twins won, but IMO, the Sox are better overall than the Twins. I'll give the Twins the advantage, hitting wise, but the Sox have a very good lineup too, and IMO, Chicago's pitching rotation is better.

AL East: Red Sox. Gotta acknowledge what they did in the offseason. They have a very talented team. Would surprise me if they DIDN'T win.

AL Wild Card: Yankees. They're still a great team, but great pitching rotations win ballgames and World Series Titles. Other than CC, who do they got?
    Agreed. But I think I'd take the Twins > White Sox

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    My 2011 Predictions:

NL West: Rockies (IMO, the best all around team in the division)

NL Central: Reds. The Cardinals will be hurt with Wainwright missing the season and Carpenter has injury problems too. I want to see if Grienke can pitch in a hitters park in Milwaukee before I say anything about them.

NL East - Phillies. The Braves will definitely compete, but the Phillies rotation is just too good.

Wild Card - Braves. I expect the Giants to compete, but they did lose a power bat in the offseason (Uribe) and Auriila is old and inconsistent. Hitting helps win in the MLB. (See the Seattle Mariners first before you reply to my comment)

AL West - Rangers. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Athletics win, but Texas is still a very talented team. Even without Cliff Lee.

AL Central - White Sox. Wouldn't surprise me if the Twins won, but IMO, the Sox are better overall than the Twins. I'll give the Twins the advantage, hitting wise, but the Sox have a very good lineup too, and IMO, Chicago's pitching rotation is better.

AL East: Red Sox. Gotta acknowledge what they did in the offseason. They have a very talented team. Would surprise me if they DIDN'T win.

AL Wild Card: Yankees. They're still a great team, but great pitching rotations win ballgames and World Series Titles. Other than CC, who do they got?

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Its not that I do not like your chances, its that I view you more as a rising team. As I said get another arm and add a bat, (maybe two, depending on Helton's future) and you will have arrived. In a different thread I said if you face AL West team in the World Series you will take it.
    Yeah, our future at 1st base really worries me. I agree we need to add another arm as well.

I just have really high hopes this season, and think we can make a deep run for it. But there are better teams out there, no doubt, but we are built for the future, which is very exciting.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    You really don't like our chances.

But yes sir, I will take that bet. I have a lot of faith, and if not, I lose a CP to a good poster.
    Its not that I do not like your chances, its that I view you more as a rising team. As I said get another arm and add a bat, (maybe two, depending on Helton's future) and you will have arrived. In a different thread I said if you face AL West team in the World Series you will take it.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Tell you what let's make a CP bet on weather or not the Rox win their Div.
    I'll take that bet too.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    You really don't like our chances.

But yes sir, I will take that bet. I have a lot of faith, and if not, I lose a CP to a good poster.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    He's had a hell of a spring. I'm sure he will be loads better than last year.

Giants really don't scare me. Phillies on the other hand terrify me.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    He's had a hell of a spring. I'm sure he will be loads better than last year.

Giants really don't scare me. Phillies on the other hand terrify me.
    Wouldn't surprise me if they did really good, but I think they could be a little over hyped. Plus their team isn't getting any younger, and Chase Utley has already shown that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X