Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
    I just don't see that happening

Twins and Rockies are ok teams at best with good players on their rosters and they'll have to go through some amazing teams to get to the promise land ... I won't say it won't happen cause anything can happen I just highly doubt it
    Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    I agree with #1snake for teams to make it, is along shot. The Rox have to go through Philly (or a team that beats them), the Cards, Reds and Giants. The Twins have to face My Sox, the Yanks, and Rangers. So it is a long shot at best.
    Saying the Twins are "ok" is laughable.

The Twins won what 94 games last year. Not to mention they lost Morneau in July and didn't have Joe Nathan all year.

The Twins might not have really added anyone this off-season through trades or free agency (other than Nishioka but we'll see how that works) but they gained Morneau and Nathan back. This team will be even better than they were last year.

And to say it won't happen because they'll have a tough road to get there is stupid. Hey Boston fans get off your high horse, it's not like it'll be easy for you to get to the WS. You'll still have to go through the Yankees, the Rangers, and yes the Twinkies.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
      I'll take that bet as well.

Giants take the division this year, more well rounded top to bottom.
      Pitching wise, yes. But if you think the Giants have a better lineup than the Rockies do, you're crazy. And I believe our rotation will be better than what people give them credit for. Will it be best in the MLB? No. That's Philly.

Losing a 24 home run guy in Uribe doesn't help and Aubery Huff is old and I wouldn't expect him to hit 26 homers again. Best all around team in the NL West is the Rockies.
      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post

The Twins won what 94 games last year. Not to mention they lost Morneau in July and didn't have Joe Nathan all year.

The Twins might not have really added anyone this off-season through trades or free agency (other than Nishioka but we'll see how that works) but they gained Morneau and Nathan back. This team will be even better than they were last year.

And to say it won't happen because they'll have a tough road to get there is stupid. Hey Boston fans get off your high horse, it's not like it'll be easy for you to get to the WS. You'll still have to go through the Yankees, the Rangers, and yes the Twinkies.
        I was not taking a shot at the Twins. I was just saying you will have a tough road to get to the World Series. But to be honest, both the Yankees and Sox have better teams. We lost most of our starters last year (Youk, Pedy, Els, Beckett, etc) and we where in the playoff hunt till the last few games. Had we been 100% we would have made it. This year we are an even better team. Most fans that do not wear Homer Glasses see that that the Sox are a better team then the Twins.

Secondly, my main message was that for BOTH the Rockies and the Twins to make the WS is a long shot. Can I see the Rox make it? YES! Can I see the Twins make it? YeS! But for both teams to make it there will have to be two to three playoff upsets.
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

8 Days 12 Hours 36 Minutes 10 Seconds
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Man I have not been to a Rockies opening day since I was in HIGH SCHOOL! Maybe I should play hookie and go grabs some tix!

Thx,
            Joe
            To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
              Man I have not been to a Rockies opening day since I was in HIGH SCHOOL! Maybe I should play hookie and go grabs some tix!

Thx,
              Joe
              It's so expensive......but it's so worth it.....

DO IT!

sigpic

Comment

Keep hating on the Rockies everyone, they will just laugh at you in October!

The Rockies are for real this year and will surprise you all.

Like I said, Rockies vs Yankees in the Fall Classic (both will win their divisions).

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post

Like I said, Rockies vs Yankees in the Fall Classic (both will win their divisions).
                  That'd be awesome

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post

Who is hating on the Rockies?

sigpic

Comment

I was not taking a shot at the Twins. I was just saying you will have a tough road to get to the World Series. But to be honest, both the Yankees and Sox have better teams. We lost most of our starters last year (Youk, Pedy, Els, Beckett, etc) and we where in the playoff hunt till the last few games. Had we been 100% we would have made it. This year we are an even better team. Most fans that do not wear Homer Glasses see that that the Sox are a better team then the Twins.

Secondly, my main message was that for BOTH the Rockies and the Twins to make the WS is a long shot. Can I see the Rox make it? YES! Can I see the Twins make it? YeS! But for both teams to make it there will have to be two to three playoff upsets.
                      First switch to decafe and second no one here said the Twins suck or anything like that we were saying it isn't going to be a cake walk for them with the teams they have to go through and by the way thats an excellant argument by saying "Hey Red Sox fans you have to go through the same teams New York , Texas and Minnesota" really cause I thought if Boston made it to the post season they'd just put us in the World Series and make everyother team earn it this year.

Again Oooooohhhh you have Joe Nathan back and you have Morneau back oh im really scared of the Twins now seeing as your best player is behind the plate i think every team in the American League is pretty safe against you since Nathan is umm your number 3 starter .... oh wait thats not right he's your number 2 .... no thats not it *SNAP* he's your closer thats right :doh: how could i forget that ?

You see I could say that Boston will Jonathan Papelbon back this year to his early form and that wouldn't scare anyone. But say we have Jon Lester , Clay Buchholz & Josh Beckett back not to mention that line up and the Twins along with everyother American League Team is shaking in their boots

And as great as Mauer is he can't throw out two runners at the same time ... So good luck with Crawford and Ellsbury this season

And if im not mistaken ... which I know im not because I wrote it I have the Twins playing Boston in the ALCS ... an ALCS that goes six games

South see everyone calls me a hater but I call it fair and say it will not be easy for the Twins and they still cry

Comment

Who is hating on the Rockies?
                        No one is but real Baseball fans who don't praise the Rockies like you and I don't are called Haters ...

Now niether you nor I said the Rockies would not win the World Series we just said it will not be easy apparently that = Hating

Again I have Colorado in the NLCS against San Francisco a Series that if it does happen the Rockies COULD win but it WILL NOT be EASY

Same with the Twins lover I have them against Boston in the ALCS a series that MINNESOTA COULD win but again IT WILL NOT BE EASY

So get off us because we won't hand you the Trophy

Comment

First switch to decafe and second no one here said the Twins suck or anything like that we were saying it isn't going to be a cake walk for them with the teams they have to go through and by the way thats an excellant argument by saying "Hey Red Sox fans you have to go through the same teams New York , Texas and Minnesota" really cause I thought if Boston made it to the post season they'd just put us in the World Series and make everyother team earn it this year.

Again Oooooohhhh you have Joe Nathan back and you have Morneau back oh im really scared of the Twins now seeing as your best player is behind the plate i think every team in the American League is pretty safe against you since Nathan is umm your number 3 starter .... oh wait thats not right he's your number 2 .... no thats not it *SNAP* he's your closer thats right :doh: how could i forget that ?

You see I could say that Boston will Jonathan Papelbon back this year to his early form and that wouldn't scare anyone. But say we have Jon Lester , Clay Buchholz & Josh Beckett back not to mention that line up and the Twins along with everyother American League Team is shaking in their boots

And as great as Mauer is he can't throw out two runners at the same time ... So good luck with Crawford and Ellsbury this season

And if im not mistaken ... which I know im not because I wrote it I have the Twins playing Boston in the ALCS ... an ALCS that goes six games

South see everyone calls me a hater but I call it fair and say it will not be easy for the Twins and they still cry
                          Ok before maybe you weren't hating. But now you are. Getting Joe Nathan back is huge. If I'm not mistaken Joe Nathan was an elite closer in this league. Allowing the Twins to push Capps back to the set up man. Any team that can reduce a game to 7 innings is in good shape.

Twins won 94 games last year and that's with Morneau sitting the last 3 months of the season.

So as far as I can tell the Twins should be better than last year.

Just like the Red Sox should be better than their 3rd place finish last year.

You guys are acting as if you are the defending World Series Champions. Evaluating everyone elses team acting as if they aren't the Red Sox, then they aren't good enough.

The Red Sox haven't won anything yet, nor will it be any easier for them to make the WS than any other team.

Let's not get ahead of yourself buddy. The Red Sox have yet to even play a game.

Comment

Ok before maybe you weren't hating. But now you are. Getting Joe Nathan back is huge. If I'm not mistaken Joe Nathan was an elite closer in this league. Allowing the Twins to push Capps back to the set up man. Any team that can reduce a game to 7 innings is in good shape.

Twins won 94 games last year and that's with Morneau sitting the last 3 months of the season.

So as far as I can tell the Twins should be better than last year

You guys are acting as if you are the defending World Series Champions. Evaluating everyone elses team acting as if they aren't the Red Sox, then they aren't good enough.The Red Sox haven't won anything yet, nor will it be any easier for them to make the WS than any other team.

Let's not get ahead of yourself buddy. The Red Sox have yet to even play a game.
                            The part that is Italic ... You said that already

When was the Twins last World Series Championship ? like 1991 and you've won Three World Championships in your teams history (1924,1987,1991)

When was Boston's last World Championship hmmmm .... oh yeah 2007 and how many World Series Championships are in our teams history ? hmmm ... oh yeah SEVEN (1903,1912,1915,1916,1918,2004,2007)

When did the Twins last make it to the ALCS ... 1991
                            When did the Red Sox last make it to the ALCS ... 2008

So don't talk to me about not winning anything yet your team has gone Twenty Years since they made it to the ALCS ... let alone the World Series.

My team has barely gone four for both

The Twins suck in October you have all this talent and you always crap out in October so do all your gum bumping now cause you wont make it to October and if you do it wont be to the ALCS ....

There now im hating

Comment

The part that is Italic ... You said that already

When was the Twins last World Series Championship ? like 1991 and you've won Three World Championships in your teams history (1924,1987,1991)

When was Boston's last World Championship hmmmm .... oh yeah 2007 and how many World Series Championships are in our teams history ? hmmm ... oh yeah SEVEN (1903,1912,1915,1916,1918,2004,2007)

When did the Twins last make it to the ALCS ... 1991
                              When did the Red Sox last make it to the ALCS ... 2008

So don't talk to me about not winning anything yet your team has gone Twenty Years since they made it to the ALCS ... let alone the World Series.

My team has barely gone four for both

The Twins suck in October you have all this talent and you always crap out in October so do all your gum bumping now cause you wont make it to October and if you do it wont be to the ALCS ....

There now im hating
                              How many games have you won in the 2011 regular season? Good thing the number of World Series Championships you have counts towards that. Not to mention almost all of them came before 1920.

You act like your teams history is going to help you this year...

Comment

So as far as I can tell the Twins should be better than last year.

You guys are acting as if you are the defending World Series Champions. Evaluating everyone elses team acting as if they aren't the Red Sox, then they aren't good enough.

The Red Sox haven't won anything yet, nor will it be any easier for them to make the WS than any other team.

Once again, #1 snake nor I said we have an easy trip to the WS. The AL East is bar none the HARDEST divison to win. If you don't not think so there is a tear in your marble bag. Why is it if someone gives an honest opinion about a team other then their own they are "Haters"? I have not attcked either team. #1 snake only did he was falsely accused of it. Note to ALL posters in this thread please do not trash ANY team.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X