X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    How would we know what pain is, seriously?

We've been irrelevant our entire existence pretty much, we are just now getting to see real good team baseball. Sure we had Walker, Castillo, The Big Cat, along with others, but those teams didn't excite as much as we have now.

I attended our Colorado Rockies Inaugural Season Opener in 1993, although young, I still have the ticket stub and a few awesome pennants. I got my first Rockies jersey when I was 6. Have been a huge fan since I was 8 and really started following them and what not and really getting to know the game of baseball.

We were irrelevant, so it sucked, but I still attended a bunch of games and wore my Rockies gear. In 2007, we made a hell of a run just to get into the playoffs, you have no idea how excited I was after that play in game. Then watching us sweep the #1 Phillies and sweep the Diamondbacks was awesome. I can still remember game 4 of that series and all the different players reactions. I get chills every time I think about it, and how fortunate I was to be at the game.

Then to go to WS and get swept. We don't know what pain is? Are you freaking serious. That was so depressing to us Rockies fans you have no idea. It was awful. We were on such a role, just to get stomped in the WS.

I will never forgive the Red Sox. I hate them with a passion. Pretty much as much as I hate the Chargers/Raiders.

So please, don't tell us we haven't experience pain just because we have only been around since 1993........that is just pure crap.
    Part of this post breaks my heart. T is the part where you say you hate other teams. To me hate of ANYTHING (out side of evil) is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    I'm not gonna lie to you and tell you I wouldn't want us targeting the high money free agents if we had the capital to do so. I definitely would, if we could buy ourselves a playoff birth each and every year, I'd be psyched. But we can't.

But honestly, I'd rather them set a cap in baseball, than my Rockies have a ton of money like the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, etc...

I enjoy watching us groom our players and build our team like that. It's fun, and it's a hell of an accomplishment. We really are almost fully homegrown, and its awesome.

I'm not saying you guys are in the wrong, not at all, you have the $, so you can spend it. But in baseball you really can buy yourselves playoff berths and championships. It's awesome for you guys, but sucks for the teams that can't. I just wish there was a cap like other sports.
    I think a salery floor would be of more help then a cap. It upsets me that "small market" teams last year received 60 million dollars in revenue sharing and still have small pay roles.

Coors field can hold more.fans then Fenway. So you do have an edge there. As the recent success proves, when a team is good people will fill LoDo. If this is a long term trend, the Rockies should have more capital to invest in FA and keeping home grown talent. This will make the team more popular, which will help sell out Coors, increase merchendise sales, and TV contracts. Which means you have more money and the cycle continues.

Colorado is not a "small market" team. You guys are the only one in the Mountian Time Zone. If done right you guys can be a big fish.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
    If your a Denver Broncos fan and your screen name is Broncosfanboy why dos your page say Ravens GM ?

Exactly so put one foot down and now the other ... and now that your off your high horse

Do you like football better Than Baseball ?

If you do YAY for you ... I don't

I don't like a sport where Murderers and Animal killers can make millions of dollars.

Baseball has STEROIDS ... oh my GOD the only person your hurting then yourself and the Game not another living thing

I watch footballbecause I think John Elway was the Greatest Quarterback to ever live so im a Broncos fan

And since you have a problem with every team im a fan of

Im from San Jose California so I like the San Jose Sharks and Sabercats I'm a huge Dwayne Wade fan so i like the Miami Heat I don't follow basketball enough to consider myself a die hard I just like the guy.

NBA : Miami Heat

NHL : San Jose Sharks

AFL : San Jose SaberCats

NFL : Denver Broncos , Indianapolis Colts

MLB : Boston Red Sox
    The reason he has "Ravens GM" in his sig is it is part of a GAME on here. Where fans are for lack of better word "fantasy" GM for these real teams. They are saying who they would pick ic they where that teams GM.

Next up is your point about "a sport where murders and animal killers can make millions". Who CURRENTLY in the league is a murder? Upto Micheal Vick there where no animal killers in the League, or atleast that we know of. Baseball has had its fair share of criminals, Pete Rose, the 1919 Chicago White Sox. With how popular "**** fighting" is in Latin Countries, and the number of Latin born players, I bet some have ties to the sport. No sport is 100% clean. One more thing you are a wrestling fan, two words Chris Benoit.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Acting like being a Red Sox fan is better than anything isn't hating on anyone's team in anyway so I won't stop im not doing anything WRONG ...

Being a Red Sox fan is better than anything to me in my SPORTS LIFE I love the Sox I won't act like I don't. If I was hating then i would stop Im not hating I can express my love of my favorite sports team anyway I want
    Acting like you are better then someone IS wrong. You are 24 and you have not learned this yet?

Leave a comment:

• #1snake_fan
    replied

We've been irrelevant our entire existence pretty much, we are just now getting to see real good team baseball. Sure we had Walker, Castillo, The Big Cat, along with others, but those teams didn't excite as much as we have now.

I attended our Colorado Rockies Inaugural Season Opener in 1993, although young, I still have the ticket stub and a few awesome pennants. I got my first Rockies jersey when I was 6. Have been a huge fan since I was 8 and really started following them and what not and really getting to know the game of baseball.

We were irrelevant, so it sucked, but I still attended a bunch of games and wore my Rockies gear. In 2007, we made a hell of a run just to get into the playoffs, you have no idea how excited I was after that play in game. Then watching us sweep the #1 Phillies and sweep the Diamondbacks was awesome. I can still remember game 4 of that series and all the different players reactions. I get chills every time I think about it, and how fortunate I was to be at the game.

Then to go to WS and get swept. We don't know what pain is? Are you freaking serious. That was so depressing to us Rockies fans you have no idea. It was awful. We were on such a role, just to get stomped in the WS.

I will never forgive the Red Sox. I hate them with a passion. Pretty much as much as I hate the Chargers/Raiders.

So please, don't tell us we haven't experience pain just because we have only been around since 1993........that is just pure crap.
    I've never asked for your forgivness and I never will I hope my team is the most hated team in the history of baseball ... we're not thats the Yankees

And notice unlike you ... how I never called you a bandwagon jumper thats awesome your a true rockies fan more power to you ...

That said I hope BOSTON kicks the crap out of your team and every team this season , next season and for the next seven years ... you act like 18 years of pain is bad ? try 86 and no i wasn't alive for all 86 but you become a Red Sox fan and you feel that pain

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    First thank you for your kind words. Second, I want to ask what is wrong with owners reinvesting in their team? If the Rockies had the same amount of capital would you want them to get Free Agents? Or would you want the owner keeping it all?
    I'm not gonna lie to you and tell you I wouldn't want us targeting the high money free agents if we had the capital to do so. I definitely would, if we could buy ourselves a playoff birth each and every year, I'd be psyched. But we can't.

But honestly, I'd rather them set a cap in baseball, than my Rockies have a ton of money like the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, etc...

I enjoy watching us groom our players and build our team like that. It's fun, and it's a hell of an accomplishment. We really are almost fully homegrown, and its awesome.

I'm not saying you guys are in the wrong, not at all, you have the $, so you can spend it. But in baseball you really can buy yourselves playoff berths and championships. It's awesome for you guys, but sucks for the teams that can't. I just wish there was a cap like other sports.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    to your point South

how would Colorado Rockies fans know what pain is ? their franchise started in 1993 and they have really no huge rivalry with any team they've made the playoffs now in the last couple of years but before 2007 they didn't matter. Red Sox fans knew and still know what pain feels like do Rockies fans have memories of ... I don't know Barry Bonds hitting a walk off home runs to win the NLCS ? of course not

We have the memory of Aaron Freakn Boone hitting that walk off in 2003.

But like you said once we won in 2004 it was like everything was starting to get better because not only did the Sox finally win but it was at the expence of our most hated Rivals the Yankees in the ALCS and the team that has taken two World Series Championships from us the St.Louis Cardinals.

2007 was just an amazing season but 2004 is always my favorite.

Am I hating or just being a Fan now ?

See to a team that got there and got their asses kicked it seems like Hating but talking about a team that did the Kicking its being a fan

Leave a comment:

• TecmoElway
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    If you're only a baseball fan, then why are you on a football message board?
    Haha this made me laugh...

Leave a comment:

• TecmoElway
    replied
    to your point South

how would Colorado Rockies fans know what pain is ? their franchise started in 1993 and they have really no huge rivalry with any team they've made the playoffs now in the last couple of years but before 2007 they didn't matter. Red Sox fans knew and still know what pain feels like do Rockies fans have memories of ... I don't know Barry Bonds hitting a walk off home runs to win the NLCS ? of course not

We have the memory of Aaron Freakn Boone hitting that walk off in 2003.

But like you said once we won in 2004 it was like everything was starting to get better because not only did the Sox finally win but it was at the expence of our most hated Rivals the Yankees in the ALCS and the team that has taken two World Series Championships from us the St.Louis Cardinals.

2007 was just an amazing season but 2004 is always my favorite.

Am I hating or just being a Fan now ?

See to a team that got there and got their asses kicked it seems like Hating but talking about a team that did the Kicking its being a fan
    Short sighted views dude. Rockies fans can know pain. They are one of the franchises to never have won the World Series. They've had seasons of choking and missing out on the playoffs. Sure, the franchise has a different history than Boston, but yet again, you make these bold opinionated statements/questions and act as if your view is set in stone.

Leave a comment:

• #1snake_fan
    replied
    If you're only a baseball fan, then why are you on a football message board? Also, why's John Elway in your sig?
    If your a Denver Broncos fan and your screen name is Broncosfanboy why dos your page say Ravens GM ?

Exactly so put one foot down and now the other ... and now that your off your high horse

Do you like football better Than Baseball ?

If you do YAY for you ... I don't

I don't like a sport where Murderers and Animal killers can make millions of dollars.

Baseball has STEROIDS ... oh my GOD the only person your hurting then yourself and the Game not another living thing

I watch footballbecause I think John Elway was the Greatest Quarterback to ever live so im a Broncos fan

And since you have a problem with every team im a fan of

Im from San Jose California so I like the San Jose Sharks and Sabercats I'm a huge Dwayne Wade fan so i like the Miami Heat I don't follow basketball enough to consider myself a die hard I just like the guy.

NBA : Miami Heat

NHL : San Jose Sharks

AFL : San Jose SaberCats

NFL : Denver Broncos , Indianapolis Colts

MLB : Boston Red Sox

Leave a comment:

• #1snake_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post
    There you go again trying to make it seem that being a Red Sox fan is better than anything else.

Just stop!
    Acting like being a Red Sox fan is better than anything isn't hating on anyone's team in anyway so I won't stop im not doing anything WRONG ...

Being a Red Sox fan is better than anything to me in my SPORTS LIFE I love the Sox I won't act like I don't. If I was hating then i would stop Im not hating I can express my love of my favorite sports team anyway I want

Leave a comment:

• HurricaneDovs
    replied
    102 years and counting folks. Havent been since 1945.

Gotta love being a Cubs fan. :brick:

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    If you're only a baseball fan, then why are you on a football message board? Also, why's John Elway in your sig?
    Come on BFB. This is only going to rattle his cage. He can think baseball is the greatest sport, and still like football and the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    South after Game one and how Dominate Beckett was I knew that Series was ours i wasn't worried I knew Schilling was money and so was Dice-K the only thing that had me a little worried was Lester because he was 23 years old and had limited experience but once Jacoby Ellsbury doubled to start the game i knew it was all good and how did it end ? ...

GAME OVER , SERIES OVER and the RED SOX are WORLD CHAMPS AGAIN
    So then you where worried.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    I can't wait for next thursday Opening day 2011

Read my Sig ... Says it all Baseball is the greatest sport ever

Leave a comment:

Working...
X