X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1snake_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    To be honest you are walking a thin line. You are discounting the Rockies fans heart break. I do not think any one of them would say it is at the same level as us or the Cubbies. But it IS there. Rockies fans in their heart of hearts though they had a chance in 07, and if they want to think that they can. Can you honestly saw you where not concerned at any point during that series? If you where you need to take off your red Sox colored glasses. Some games where alot closer then others. I know I was worried. What I was saying is that Rockies fans have had there share of lean years, and know what it is like to lose a World Series. Because of that when they do win it, they will apprechate it more.
    South after Game one and how Dominate Beckett was I knew that Series was ours i wasn't worried I knew Schilling was money and so was Dice-K the only thing that had me a little worried was Lester because he was 23 years old and had limited experience but once Jacoby Ellsbury doubled to start the game i knew it was all good and how did it end ? ...

GAME OVER , SERIES OVER and the RED SOX are WORLD CHAMPS AGAIN

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
    to your point South

how would Colorado Rockies fans know what pain is ? their franchise started in 1993 and they have really no huge rivalry with any team they've made the playoffs now in the last couple of years but before 2007 they didn't matter. Red Sox fans knew and still know what pain feels like do Rockies fans have memories of ... I don't know Barry Bonds hitting a walk off home runs to win the NLCS ? of course not

We have the memory of Aaron Freakn Boone hitting that walk off in 2003.

But like you said once we won in 2004 it was like everything was starting to get better because not only did the Sox finally win but it was at the expence of our most hated Rivals the Yankees in the ALCS and the team that has taken two World Series Championships from us the St.Louis Cardinals.

2007 was just an amazing season but 2004 is always my favorite.

Am I hating or just being a Fan now ?

See to a team that got there and got their asses kicked it seems like Hating but talking about a team that did the Kicking its being a fan
    To be honest you are walking a thin line. You are discounting the Rockies fans heart break. I do not think any one of them would say it is at the same level as us or the Cubbies. But it IS there. Rockies fans in their heart of hearts though they had a chance in 07, and if they want to think that they can. Can you honestly saw you where not concerned at any point during that series? If you where you need to take off your red Sox colored glasses. Some games where alot closer then others. I know I was worried. What I was saying is that Rockies fans have had there share of lean years, and know what it is like to lose a World Series. Because of that when they do win it, they will apprechate it more.

Leave a comment:

• Kno-Sean
    replied
    Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
    to your point South

how would Colorado Rockies fans know what pain is ? their franchise started in 1993 and they have really no huge rivalry with any team they've made the playoffs now in the last couple of years but before 2007 they didn't matter. Red Sox fans knew and still know what pain feels like do Rockies fans have memories of ... I don't know Barry Bonds hitting a walk off home runs to win the NLCS ? of course not

But like you said once we won in 2004 it was like everything was starting to get better because not only did the Sox finally win but it was at the expence of our most hated Rivals the Yankees in the ALCS and the team that has taken two World Series Championships from us the St.Louis Cardinals.

See to a team that got there and got their asses kicked it seems like Hating but talking about a team that did the Kicking its being a fan
    There you go again trying to make it seem that being a Red Sox fan is better than anything else.

Just stop!

Leave a comment:

• #1snake_fan
    replied
    to your point South

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post
    Now that's something we can all agree on!
    When it happens, trust me, it is a feeling like no other. Years of heart break are washed away with tears of joy. It makes the years of heartbreak seam worth while. I Guarantee you that the feelings Sox fans felt in 04 where immeasurably better then the Yankees fans a few years back. Please don't get me wrong, I am not discounting with a felt, what I am sending is that what I am saying is that " there is no one more grateful to sit at the table, then the one who best remembers hungers pain." All the years of bitter heart break, 46, 49, 67, 75, 86 Bucky Dent, Bill Buckner, Aaron Boone the tragic injury of Tony C now are in the past. Trust me Rockies fans, as much as you hated how the 07 WS ended. When you do win it will make it even sweeter, because you know what it means now to come close and not make it.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Ouch, a Red Sox fan who watches his team buy their way into the playoffs is telling me my team isn't good.

Actually, we are, and we are a home grown team for the most part, something we can actually take pride in.

Red Sox Payroll 2011: About $160 million
    Rockies Payroll 2011: About $83 million

Weird. You pretty much double us.

Lemme guess, in 2004 you decided you wanted to watch baseball, you saw that the Red Sox won the WS and you jumped on board....pretty easy to do, huh? You should really take some pointers from the Classy Redsox fan on the board - Southstander.
    First thank you for your kind words. Second, I want to ask what is wrong with owners reinvesting in their team? If the Rockies had the same amount of capital would you want them to get Free Agents? Or would you want the owner keeping it all?

Wowzers. Some pretty average players on that list definitely.

Pedroia > Cameron and JD Drew

And don't even get me started on bullpen players and closers, I believe you were the one smacking Joe Nathan... contradicting yourself.

Nooooo he's been a RedSox fan longer than you've even been alive! duhhhh!

South is a rarity. RedSox fans don't come with much class.
    Once again thank you.

Wrong actually. We never mentioned ANYTHING about your Grandfather, not once. So no, no lines crossed at all, you interpreted it that way. I'm sorry about your Grandfather, however.

I'm a Colorado native. I support all my Colorado teams. Always will, regardless.

Also, way to ignore the rest of the posts, we know how you don't like to be proven wrong....
    I think #1 snake was saying that by calling him a band wagon fan you are indirectly discounting the times he spent with his grandpa. I whole heartedly believe this was not your intention, but he took it that way. Speaking of calling someone and "Bandwagon" fan in my book is not right. None of us knows when or why someone else became a fan of a specific team. For example, I do not know when you Rockies fans became fans. I used to work at the JC Penney's at the Westminster Mall back in 03. We would have piles of Rockies T -Shirts that would just sit there. Then four short years later, in the 07 playoffs, stores could not keep them in stock. Does that mean Rockies fans are band wagon fans? Some are, but most are not. Just like the Red Sox, there are some that are bad wagon fans, but most are not. To me I do not care when someone becomes a fan of a team, as long as they stick with that team. That is what matters most.

To the comments about other Sox fans having no class. Sadly, once again, that can be said of a small segment of fans of all teams. Last season when the Sox came to town, I went to all three games. Most of the fans where decent, but there was a large group that had no class at all. In fact it got so bad my best friend/ brother apologized to me for the way they acted. To be honest I think part of it has to do with what side you are on. For the most part I have found most Boston fans to be nice people. They are passionate about there teams and that passion can come across the wrong way. Think back to when the Broncos when winning SB. We where the best team in the League and we where not afraid to troll anyone that we where. That Elway was the greatest and so on. That's all Boston fans are doing now. Another example, Shannon Sharpe, he is loved by Broncos fans. But if he was a Cheif for example and he said and did the same thing to us, he would be hated.

Leave a comment:

• #1snake_fan
    replied
    I can't wait for next thursday Opening day 2011

Read my Sig ... Says it all Baseball is the greatest sport ever

Leave a comment:

• Kno-Sean
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    Yes it was. It brought a tear to my eye

But I'd still rather my Broncos win it all. I was pretty young too when they won both the superbowls so it didn't mean as much to me either.
    Now that's something we can all agree on!

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    It was great to see San Fran win it all. A nice change of pace to all these other big named teams.
    Yes it was. It brought a tear to my eye

But I'd still rather my Broncos win it all. I was pretty young too when they won both the superbowls so it didn't mean as much to me either.

Leave a comment:

• Kno-Sean
    replied
    Yeah I've been a Giants fan my whole life

I grew up like 3 hours from San Fransisco and I've been to like 24 giants games.

I know people have been to more. But that's not bad for a poor dude

last year was exciting and even I didn't think we had a shot. Until I saw Timmy go lights out in the playoffs. Our rotation is just nasty.

I feel like our batters got hot too at the right time. I don't expect a repeat yet. But if we can get some young good guys around Posey than we should be back in a few years.
    It was great to see San Fran win it all. A nice change of pace to all these other big named teams.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    You are a Giants fan?!?

Ahh man I can't wait to experience my team win a championship.

I witnessed both the Broncos wins but I wasn't actually old enough to really enjoy it.

Man I envy you.
    Yeah I've been a Giants fan my whole life

I grew up like 3 hours from San Fransisco and I've been to like 24 giants games.

I know people have been to more. But that's not bad for a poor dude

last year was exciting and even I didn't think we had a shot. Until I saw Timmy go lights out in the playoffs. Our rotation is just nasty.

I feel like our batters got hot too at the right time. I don't expect a repeat yet. But if we can get some young good guys around Posey than we should be back in a few years.

Leave a comment:

• Kno-Sean
    replied
    BLACK AND ORANGE..... you know what it is.
    You are a Giants fan?!?

Ahh man I can't wait to experience my team win a championship.

I witnessed both the Broncos wins but I wasn't actually old enough to really enjoy it.

Man I envy you.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Also,

Hey..... so.... quit getting so serious people.

No need to get angry over a message board.

Just relax and enjoy the ride.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Halloween!?!?!?

oh......

the giants..........

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Colorado Rapids?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X