X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kno-Sean
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    It was BJS. That started the haters, comment. It was not untill after that #1 snkae went in to attack mode.
    Oh and that makes it right...

Oh well, Good luck to all teams. Can't wait for another great season!
    Last edited by Kno-Sean; 03-23-2011, 10:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TecmoElway
    replied
    Eh, I don't think the AL East is "bar none" the hardest division to win. For the Yanks and Boston, who can simply out spend the other teams, winning the division is actually pretty easy. With the rare exception (TB), the AL East is pretty much a two team race decided before the season even starts. Competition does not really exist in the division--it's a two team race.

A division like the NL West typically has more competition between it's teams.

The problem I see in this thread with the heated discussion is that people are trying to pass off their opinions as facts without acknowledging they are simply expressing opinions.
    Last edited by TecmoElway; 03-23-2011, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post
    I never once accused him of being a "hater"

I said saying the Twins are "ok" is a joke. I listed why, then I simply told the Red Sox fans (him especially) to stop acting like the Red Sox are far superior to everyone when the season hasn't even started yet.
    It was BJS. That started the haters, comment. It was not untill after that #1 snkae went in to attack mode.

He wasn't smack talking. He told snake fan the truth about Morneau

Then he went on by saying if Morneau is average than so is Youk.

I know, the ################# was to show that it was a different topic. I was ONCE AGAIN asking both sides to take a chill pill.

Leave a comment:

• Kno-Sean
    replied
    When Paps is on he is lights out.

#############

Can we please not run smack on here? There is a thread for that.
    He wasn't smack talking. He told snake fan the truth about Morneau

Then he went on by saying if Morneau is average than so is Youk.

Leave a comment:

• Kno-Sean
    replied
    Was that before or after he was accused of being a "hater"?
    I never once accused him of being a "hater"

I said saying the Twins are "ok" is a joke. I listed why, then I simply told the Red Sox fans (him especially) to stop acting like the Red Sox are far superior to everyone when the season hasn't even started yet.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    When healthy, Morneau is an elite 1st basemen, he's good for 30+ HR's, and 110+ RBI's. He's way above average, and won the MVP in 06 or 07 if i recall.

If he's average, Youkilis is average.

And as for Nathan, he's one of the few closers who when healthy is close to Rivera. Getting him back is HUGE for the Twins.
    When Paps is on he is lights out.

#############

Can we please not run smack on here? There is a thread for that.

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Oh when I read this post I thought he was smack talkin... Oh wait he is.
    Was that before or after he was accused of being a "hater"?

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
    and you act like your closer and very very very average First baseman are going to help you this year.

Here's the Twins "Best Players" Post season stats

Joe Mauer - .286 (Avg), 0 (Hr) ,1 (Rbi) , 10 (Hits) , 35 (Ab) in 9 games

Justin Morneau - .310 (Avg), 2 (Hr) , 4 (Rbi) , 9 (Hits), 29 (Ab) in 7 games

Yeah your much better than Boston will be in the post season ...Man everyone in American League look out for Minnesota :thumb:
    When healthy, Morneau is an elite 1st basemen, he's good for 30+ HR's, and 110+ RBI's. He's way above average, and won the MVP in 06 or 07 if i recall.

If he's average, Youkilis is average.

And as for Nathan, he's one of the few closers who when healthy is close to Rivera. Getting him back is HUGE for the Twins.

Leave a comment:

• Kno-Sean
    replied
    and you act like your closer and very very very average First baseman are going to help you this year.

Yeah your much better than Boston will be in the post season ...Man everyone in American League look out for Minnesota :thumb:
    Average First Baseman? Oh my...

You mean the 2006 MVP?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=5379

You look at those stats and tell me he's average. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• Kno-Sean
    replied
    Once again, #1 snake nor I said we have an easy trip to the WS. The AL East is bar none the HARDEST divison to win. If you don't not think so there is a tear in your marble bag. Why is it if someone gives an honest opinion about a team other then their own they are "Haters"? I have not attcked either team. #1 snake only did he was falsely accused of it. Note to ALL posters in this thread please do not trash ANY team.
    First switch to decafe and second no one here said the Twins suck or anything like that we were saying it isn't going to be a cake walk for them with the teams they have to go through and by the way thats an excellant argument by saying "Hey Red Sox fans you have to go through the same teams New York , Texas and Minnesota" really cause I thought if Boston made it to the post season they'd just put us in the World Series and make everyother team earn it this year.

Again Oooooohhhh you have Joe Nathan back and you have Morneau back oh im really scared of the Twins now seeing as your best player is behind the plate i think every team in the American League is pretty safe against you since Nathan is umm your number 3 starter .... oh wait thats not right he's your number 2 .... no thats not it *SNAP* he's your closer thats right :doh: how could i forget that ?

You see I could say that Boston will Jonathan Papelbon back this year to his early form and that wouldn't scare anyone. But say we have Jon Lester , Clay Buchholz & Josh Beckett back not to mention that line up and the Twins along with everyother American League Team is shaking in their boots

And as great as Mauer is he can't throw out two runners at the same time ... So good luck with Crawford and Ellsbury this season

And if im not mistaken ... which I know im not because I wrote it I have the Twins playing Boston in the ALCS ... an ALCS that goes six games

South see everyone calls me a hater but I call it fair and say it will not be easy for the Twins and they still cry
    Oh when I read this post I thought he was smack talkin... Oh wait he is.

Leave a comment:

• #1snake_fan
    replied
    How many games have you won in the 2011 regular season? Good thing the number of World Series Championships you have counts towards that. Not to mention almost all of them came before 1920.

You act like your teams history is going to help you this year...

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Ok before maybe you weren't hating. But now you are. Getting Joe Nathan back is huge. If I'm not mistaken Joe Nathan was an elite closer in this league. Allowing the Twins to push Capps back to the set up man. Any team that can reduce a game to 7 innings is in good shape.

Twins won 94 games last year and that's with Morneau sitting the last 3 months of the season.

So as far as I can tell the Twins should be better than last year.

Just like the Red Sox should be better than their 3rd place finish last year.

You guys are acting as if you are the defending World Series Champions. Evaluating everyone elses team acting as if they aren't the Red Sox, then they aren't good enough.

The Red Sox haven't won anything yet, nor will it be any easier for them to make the WS than any other team.

Let's not get ahead of yourself buddy. The Red Sox have yet to even play a game.
    Once again, #1 snake nor I said we have an easy trip to the WS. The AL East is bar none the HARDEST divison to win. If you don't not think so there is a tear in your marble bag. Why is it if someone gives an honest opinion about a team other then their own they are "Haters"? I have not attcked either team. #1 snake only did he was falsely accused of it. Note to ALL posters in this thread please do not trash ANY team.

Leave a comment:

• Kno-Sean
    replied
    The part that is Italic ... You said that already

When was the Twins last World Series Championship ? like 1991 and you've won Three World Championships in your teams history (1924,1987,1991)

When was Boston's last World Championship hmmmm .... oh yeah 2007 and how many World Series Championships are in our teams history ? hmmm ... oh yeah SEVEN (1903,1912,1915,1916,1918,2004,2007)

When did the Twins last make it to the ALCS ... 1991
    When did the Red Sox last make it to the ALCS ... 2008

So don't talk to me about not winning anything yet your team has gone Twenty Years since they made it to the ALCS ... let alone the World Series.

My team has barely gone four for both

The Twins suck in October you have all this talent and you always crap out in October so do all your gum bumping now cause you wont make it to October and if you do it wont be to the ALCS ....

There now im hating
    How many games have you won in the 2011 regular season? Good thing the number of World Series Championships you have counts towards that. Not to mention almost all of them came before 1920.

You act like your teams history is going to help you this year...

Leave a comment:

• #1snake_fan
    replied
    Ok before maybe you weren't hating. But now you are. Getting Joe Nathan back is huge. If I'm not mistaken Joe Nathan was an elite closer in this league. Allowing the Twins to push Capps back to the set up man. Any team that can reduce a game to 7 innings is in good shape.

Twins won 94 games last year and that's with Morneau sitting the last 3 months of the season.

So as far as I can tell the Twins should be better than last year

You guys are acting as if you are the defending World Series Champions. Evaluating everyone elses team acting as if they aren't the Red Sox, then they aren't good enough.The Red Sox haven't won anything yet, nor will it be any easier for them to make the WS than any other team.

Let's not get ahead of yourself buddy. The Red Sox have yet to even play a game.
    The part that is Italic ... You said that already

When was the Twins last World Series Championship ? like 1991 and you've won Three World Championships in your teams history (1924,1987,1991)

When was Boston's last World Championship hmmmm .... oh yeah 2007 and how many World Series Championships are in our teams history ? hmmm ... oh yeah SEVEN (1903,1912,1915,1916,1918,2004,2007)

When did the Twins last make it to the ALCS ... 1991
    When did the Red Sox last make it to the ALCS ... 2008

So don't talk to me about not winning anything yet your team has gone Twenty Years since they made it to the ALCS ... let alone the World Series.

My team has barely gone four for both

The Twins suck in October you have all this talent and you always crap out in October so do all your gum bumping now cause you wont make it to October and if you do it wont be to the ALCS ....

There now im hating

Leave a comment:

• Kno-Sean
    replied
    First switch to decafe and second no one here said the Twins suck or anything like that we were saying it isn't going to be a cake walk for them with the teams they have to go through and by the way thats an excellant argument by saying "Hey Red Sox fans you have to go through the same teams New York , Texas and Minnesota" really cause I thought if Boston made it to the post season they'd just put us in the World Series and make everyother team earn it this year.

Again Oooooohhhh you have Joe Nathan back and you have Morneau back oh im really scared of the Twins now seeing as your best player is behind the plate i think every team in the American League is pretty safe against you since Nathan is umm your number 3 starter .... oh wait thats not right he's your number 2 .... no thats not it *SNAP* he's your closer thats right :doh: how could i forget that ?

You see I could say that Boston will Jonathan Papelbon back this year to his early form and that wouldn't scare anyone. But say we have Jon Lester , Clay Buchholz & Josh Beckett back not to mention that line up and the Twins along with everyother American League Team is shaking in their boots

And as great as Mauer is he can't throw out two runners at the same time ... So good luck with Crawford and Ellsbury this season

And if im not mistaken ... which I know im not because I wrote it I have the Twins playing Boston in the ALCS ... an ALCS that goes six games

South see everyone calls me a hater but I call it fair and say it will not be easy for the Twins and they still cry

So as far as I can tell the Twins should be better than last year.

You guys are acting as if you are the defending World Series Champions. Evaluating everyone elses team acting as if they aren't the Red Sox, then they aren't good enough.

The Red Sox haven't won anything yet, nor will it be any easier for them to make the WS than any other team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X