Countdown to Opening Day....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post
    There you go again trying to make it seem that being a Red Sox fan is better than anything else.

Just stop!
    Acting like being a Red Sox fan is better than anything isn't hating on anyone's team in anyway so I won't stop im not doing anything WRONG ...

Being a Red Sox fan is better than anything to me in my SPORTS LIFE I love the Sox I won't act like I don't. If I was hating then i would stop Im not hating I can express my love of my favorite sports team anyway I want

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
      If you're only a baseball fan, then why are you on a football message board? Also, why's John Elway in your sig?
      If your a Denver Broncos fan and your screen name is Broncosfanboy why dos your page say Ravens GM ?

Exactly so put one foot down and now the other ... and now that your off your high horse

Do you like football better Than Baseball ?

If you do YAY for you ... I don't

I don't like a sport where Murderers and Animal killers can make millions of dollars.

Baseball has STEROIDS ... oh my GOD the only person your hurting then yourself and the Game not another living thing

I watch footballbecause I think John Elway was the Greatest Quarterback to ever live so im a Broncos fan

And since you have a problem with every team im a fan of

Im from San Jose California so I like the San Jose Sharks and Sabercats I'm a huge Dwayne Wade fan so i like the Miami Heat I don't follow basketball enough to consider myself a die hard I just like the guy.

NBA : Miami Heat

NHL : San Jose Sharks

AFL : San Jose SaberCats

NFL : Denver Broncos , Indianapolis Colts

MLB : Boston Red Sox

Comment

• Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
        to your point South

how would Colorado Rockies fans know what pain is ? their franchise started in 1993 and they have really no huge rivalry with any team they've made the playoffs now in the last couple of years but before 2007 they didn't matter. Red Sox fans knew and still know what pain feels like do Rockies fans have memories of ... I don't know Barry Bonds hitting a walk off home runs to win the NLCS ? of course not

We have the memory of Aaron Freakn Boone hitting that walk off in 2003.

But like you said once we won in 2004 it was like everything was starting to get better because not only did the Sox finally win but it was at the expence of our most hated Rivals the Yankees in the ALCS and the team that has taken two World Series Championships from us the St.Louis Cardinals.

2007 was just an amazing season but 2004 is always my favorite.

Am I hating or just being a Fan now ?

See to a team that got there and got their asses kicked it seems like Hating but talking about a team that did the Kicking its being a fan
        Short sighted views dude. Rockies fans can know pain. They are one of the franchises to never have won the World Series. They've had seasons of choking and missing out on the playoffs. Sure, the franchise has a different history than Boston, but yet again, you make these bold opinionated statements/questions and act as if your view is set in stone.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
          If you're only a baseball fan, then why are you on a football message board?
          Haha this made me laugh...

Comment

to your point South

how would Colorado Rockies fans know what pain is ? their franchise started in 1993 and they have really no huge rivalry with any team they've made the playoffs now in the last couple of years but before 2007 they didn't matter. Red Sox fans knew and still know what pain feels like do Rockies fans have memories of ... I don't know Barry Bonds hitting a walk off home runs to win the NLCS ? of course not

We have the memory of Aaron Freakn Boone hitting that walk off in 2003.

But like you said once we won in 2004 it was like everything was starting to get better because not only did the Sox finally win but it was at the expence of our most hated Rivals the Yankees in the ALCS and the team that has taken two World Series Championships from us the St.Louis Cardinals.

2007 was just an amazing season but 2004 is always my favorite.

Am I hating or just being a Fan now ?

See to a team that got there and got their asses kicked it seems like Hating but talking about a team that did the Kicking its being a fan
            How would we know what pain is, seriously?

We've been irrelevant our entire existence pretty much, we are just now getting to see real good team baseball. Sure we had Walker, Castillo, The Big Cat, along with others, but those teams didn't excite as much as we have now.

I attended our Colorado Rockies Inaugural Season Opener in 1993, although young, I still have the ticket stub and a few awesome pennants. I got my first Rockies jersey when I was 6. Have been a huge fan since I was 8 and really started following them and what not and really getting to know the game of baseball.

We were irrelevant, so it sucked, but I still attended a bunch of games and wore my Rockies gear. In 2007, we made a hell of a run just to get into the playoffs, you have no idea how excited I was after that play in game. Then watching us sweep the #1 Phillies and sweep the Diamondbacks was awesome. I can still remember game 4 of that series and all the different players reactions. I get chills every time I think about it, and how fortunate I was to be at the game.

Then to go to WS and get swept. We don't know what pain is? Are you freaking serious. That was so depressing to us Rockies fans you have no idea. It was awful. We were on such a role, just to get stomped in the WS.

I will never forgive the Red Sox. I hate them with a passion. Pretty much as much as I hate the Chargers/Raiders.

So please, don't tell us we haven't experience pain just because we have only been around since 1993........that is just pure crap.
            2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
              First thank you for your kind words. Second, I want to ask what is wrong with owners reinvesting in their team? If the Rockies had the same amount of capital would you want them to get Free Agents? Or would you want the owner keeping it all?
              I'm not gonna lie to you and tell you I wouldn't want us targeting the high money free agents if we had the capital to do so. I definitely would, if we could buy ourselves a playoff birth each and every year, I'd be psyched. But we can't.

But honestly, I'd rather them set a cap in baseball, than my Rockies have a ton of money like the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, etc...

I enjoy watching us groom our players and build our team like that. It's fun, and it's a hell of an accomplishment. We really are almost fully homegrown, and its awesome.

I'm not saying you guys are in the wrong, not at all, you have the $, so you can spend it. But in baseball you really can buy yourselves playoff berths and championships. It's awesome for you guys, but sucks for the teams that can't. I just wish there was a cap like other sports.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post

We've been irrelevant our entire existence pretty much, we are just now getting to see real good team baseball. Sure we had Walker, Castillo, The Big Cat, along with others, but those teams didn't excite as much as we have now.

I attended our Colorado Rockies Inaugural Season Opener in 1993, although young, I still have the ticket stub and a few awesome pennants. I got my first Rockies jersey when I was 6. Have been a huge fan since I was 8 and really started following them and what not and really getting to know the game of baseball.

We were irrelevant, so it sucked, but I still attended a bunch of games and wore my Rockies gear. In 2007, we made a hell of a run just to get into the playoffs, you have no idea how excited I was after that play in game. Then watching us sweep the #1 Phillies and sweep the Diamondbacks was awesome. I can still remember game 4 of that series and all the different players reactions. I get chills every time I think about it, and how fortunate I was to be at the game.

Then to go to WS and get swept. We don't know what pain is? Are you freaking serious. That was so depressing to us Rockies fans you have no idea. It was awful. We were on such a role, just to get stomped in the WS.

I will never forgive the Red Sox. I hate them with a passion. Pretty much as much as I hate the Chargers/Raiders.

So please, don't tell us we haven't experience pain just because we have only been around since 1993........that is just pure crap.
                I've never asked for your forgivness and I never will I hope my team is the most hated team in the history of baseball ... we're not thats the Yankees

And notice unlike you ... how I never called you a bandwagon jumper thats awesome your a true rockies fan more power to you ...

That said I hope BOSTON kicks the crap out of your team and every team this season , next season and for the next seven years ... you act like 18 years of pain is bad ? try 86 and no i wasn't alive for all 86 but you become a Red Sox fan and you feel that pain

Comment

Acting like being a Red Sox fan is better than anything isn't hating on anyone's team in anyway so I won't stop im not doing anything WRONG ...

Being a Red Sox fan is better than anything to me in my SPORTS LIFE I love the Sox I won't act like I don't. If I was hating then i would stop Im not hating I can express my love of my favorite sports team anyway I want
                  Acting like you are better then someone IS wrong. You are 24 and you have not learned this yet?
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

Comment

If your a Denver Broncos fan and your screen name is Broncosfanboy why dos your page say Ravens GM ?

Exactly so put one foot down and now the other ... and now that your off your high horse

If you do YAY for you ... I don't

I don't like a sport where Murderers and Animal killers can make millions of dollars.

Baseball has STEROIDS ... oh my GOD the only person your hurting then yourself and the Game not another living thing

I watch footballbecause I think John Elway was the Greatest Quarterback to ever live so im a Broncos fan

Im from San Jose California so I like the San Jose Sharks and Sabercats I'm a huge Dwayne Wade fan so i like the Miami Heat I don't follow basketball enough to consider myself a die hard I just like the guy.

The reason he has "Ravens GM" in his sig is it is part of a GAME on here. Where fans are for lack of better word "fantasy" GM for these real teams. They are saying who they would pick ic they where that teams GM.

Next up is your point about "a sport where murders and animal killers can make millions". Who CURRENTLY in the league is a murder? Upto Micheal Vick there where no animal killers in the League, or atleast that we know of. Baseball has had its fair share of criminals, Pete Rose, the 1919 Chicago White Sox. With how popular "**** fighting" is in Latin Countries, and the number of Latin born players, I bet some have ties to the sport. No sport is 100% clean. One more thing you are a wrestling fan, two words Chris Benoit.

sigpic

Comment

I'm not gonna lie to you and tell you I wouldn't want us targeting the high money free agents if we had the capital to do so. I definitely would, if we could buy ourselves a playoff birth each and every year, I'd be psyched. But we can't.

But honestly, I'd rather them set a cap in baseball, than my Rockies have a ton of money like the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, etc...

I enjoy watching us groom our players and build our team like that. It's fun, and it's a hell of an accomplishment. We really are almost fully homegrown, and its awesome.

I'm not saying you guys are in the wrong, not at all, you have the $, so you can spend it. But in baseball you really can buy yourselves playoff berths and championships. It's awesome for you guys, but sucks for the teams that can't. I just wish there was a cap like other sports.
                      I think a salery floor would be of more help then a cap. It upsets me that "small market" teams last year received 60 million dollars in revenue sharing and still have small pay roles.

Coors field can hold more.fans then Fenway. So you do have an edge there. As the recent success proves, when a team is good people will fill LoDo. If this is a long term trend, the Rockies should have more capital to invest in FA and keeping home grown talent. This will make the team more popular, which will help sell out Coors, increase merchendise sales, and TV contracts. Which means you have more money and the cycle continues.

Colorado is not a "small market" team. You guys are the only one in the Mountian Time Zone. If done right you guys can be a big fish.

sigpic

Comment

Part of this post breaks my heart. T is the part where you say you hate other teams. To me hate of ANYTHING (out side of evil) is wrong.

sigpic

Comment

There was this Broncomanic GM game in the Draft, Free Agency, and Trades section where 32 users would play and be a GM of all 32 NFL teams. I got the Ravens. No, I'm not a Ravens fan. I've been a Broncos fan since 2006. I bleed orange and blue

I like both.

Could be ran a little better, but it's fine

It's biggest problem (that and no salary cap) but there's more behaved people. I agree.
                          Fair enough

When did I say that? I don't mind you being a Red Sox fan. I like talking baseball with non- Rockies fans too

Again, I don't have any problem with the teams you like. If you're a Red Sox fan, fine with me. No problem about that. It's fun talking baseball with non-Rockies fans too

I was kind of wondering about that since you said in your sig "I hope the NFL does have a Lockout"
                          Last edited by BroncoFanBoy; 03-24-2011, 05:44 PM.
                          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                            Part of this post breaks my heart. T is the part where you say you hate other teams. To me hate of ANYTHING (out side of evil) is wrong.
                            Just different definitions of the word hate I suppose.

Obviously I don't wish anything bad upon the Red Sox, but I can't think of a time I will ever root for the Sox unless it helps the Rockies. Yankees are also my #2 team, not even close to the Rockies, but I still follow and watch some games. So, I have a reason to really dislike the Red Sox

sigpic

Comment

Just different definitions of the word hate I suppose.

Obviously I don't wish anything bad upon the Red Sox, but I can't think of a time I will ever root for the Sox unless it helps the Rockies. Yankees are also my #2 team, not even close to the Rockies, but I still follow and watch some games. So, I have a reason to really dislike the Red Sox
                              Well I don't like either haha

I got a little love for the Mariners. My grandpa's a Mariners fan and couple years ago when I went up to visit them, I watched a couple Seattle games with him. But Rockies all day!
                              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

• The first game I went to was an Athletics game against the O's since my D ( I can't call him dad, he is a horiable person.) At that time lived in Oakland. Since there was no Rockies at the time I was willing to "adopt" the A's as my team. That year they won the WS, in fact I almost went to the earthquake game, so it was pretty cool. But it never felt right. Back then it was hard to follow a team, for me at least, thousands of miles away. Only good thing to come out of it was baseball cards. Man I wish I still had them. In part that is where my love of the Sox started. I remember being "drawn" to the "Circle Sox" logo. Cheers also fueled it. I remember coming home from school one day and. Clemens was pitching in a playoff game. Tom Cruise's role in "A Few Good Men" played a roll. Teddy Ballgame. This and many more reason are why I fell in love with "The Olde Town Team."

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X