• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1snake_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    Who is hating on the Rockies?
    No one is but real Baseball fans who don't praise the Rockies like you and I don't are called Haters ...

Now niether you nor I said the Rockies would not win the World Series we just said it will not be easy apparently that = Hating

Again I have Colorado in the NLCS against San Francisco a Series that if it does happen the Rockies COULD win but it WILL NOT be EASY

Same with the Twins lover I have them against Boston in the ALCS a series that MINNESOTA COULD win but again IT WILL NOT BE EASY

So get off us because we won't hand you the Trophy

Leave a comment:

• #1snake_fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post
    Saying the Twins are "ok" is laughable.

The Twins won what 94 games last year. Not to mention they lost Morneau in July and didn't have Joe Nathan all year.

The Twins might not have really added anyone this off-season through trades or free agency (other than Nishioka but we'll see how that works) but they gained Morneau and Nathan back. This team will be even better than they were last year.

And to say it won't happen because they'll have a tough road to get there is stupid. Hey Boston fans get off your high horse, it's not like it'll be easy for you to get to the WS. You'll still have to go through the Yankees, the Rangers, and yes the Twinkies.

I was not taking a shot at the Twins. I was just saying you will have a tough road to get to the World Series. But to be honest, both the Yankees and Sox have better teams. We lost most of our starters last year (Youk, Pedy, Els, Beckett, etc) and we where in the playoff hunt till the last few games. Had we been 100% we would have made it. This year we are an even better team. Most fans that do not wear Homer Glasses see that that the Sox are a better team then the Twins.

Secondly, my main message was that for BOTH the Rockies and the Twins to make the WS is a long shot. Can I see the Rox make it? YES! Can I see the Twins make it? YeS! But for both teams to make it there will have to be two to three playoff upsets.
    First switch to decafe and second no one here said the Twins suck or anything like that we were saying it isn't going to be a cake walk for them with the teams they have to go through and by the way thats an excellant argument by saying "Hey Red Sox fans you have to go through the same teams New York , Texas and Minnesota" really cause I thought if Boston made it to the post season they'd just put us in the World Series and make everyother team earn it this year.

Again Oooooohhhh you have Joe Nathan back and you have Morneau back oh im really scared of the Twins now seeing as your best player is behind the plate i think every team in the American League is pretty safe against you since Nathan is umm your number 3 starter .... oh wait thats not right he's your number 2 .... no thats not it *SNAP* he's your closer thats right :doh: how could i forget that ?

You see I could say that Boston will Jonathan Papelbon back this year to his early form and that wouldn't scare anyone. But say we have Jon Lester , Clay Buchholz & Josh Beckett back not to mention that line up and the Twins along with everyother American League Team is shaking in their boots

And as great as Mauer is he can't throw out two runners at the same time ... So good luck with Crawford and Ellsbury this season

And if im not mistaken ... which I know im not because I wrote it I have the Twins playing Boston in the ALCS ... an ALCS that goes six games

South see everyone calls me a hater but I call it fair and say it will not be easy for the Twins and they still cry

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Keep hating on the Rockies everyone, they will just laugh at you in October!

The Rockies are for real this year and will surprise you all.

Like I said, Rockies vs Yankees in the Fall Classic (both will win their divisions).
    Who is hating on the Rockies?

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post

Like I said, Rockies vs Yankees in the Fall Classic (both will win their divisions).
    That'd be awesome

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic JS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
    Man I have not been to a Rockies opening day since I was in HIGH SCHOOL! Maybe I should play hookie and go grabs some tix!

Thx,
    Joe
    It's so expensive......but it's so worth it.....

DO IT!

Leave a comment:

• garzjoe
    replied
    Man I have not been to a Rockies opening day since I was in HIGH SCHOOL! Maybe I should play hookie and go grabs some tix!

Thx,
    Joe

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    8 Days 12 Hours 36 Minutes 10 Seconds

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Originally posted by Kno-Sean View Post

The Twins won what 94 games last year. Not to mention they lost Morneau in July and didn't have Joe Nathan all year.

The Twins might not have really added anyone this off-season through trades or free agency (other than Nishioka but we'll see how that works) but they gained Morneau and Nathan back. This team will be even better than they were last year.

And to say it won't happen because they'll have a tough road to get there is stupid. Hey Boston fans get off your high horse, it's not like it'll be easy for you to get to the WS. You'll still have to go through the Yankees, the Rangers, and yes the Twinkies.
    I was not taking a shot at the Twins. I was just saying you will have a tough road to get to the World Series. But to be honest, both the Yankees and Sox have better teams. We lost most of our starters last year (Youk, Pedy, Els, Beckett, etc) and we where in the playoff hunt till the last few games. Had we been 100% we would have made it. This year we are an even better team. Most fans that do not wear Homer Glasses see that that the Sox are a better team then the Twins.

Secondly, my main message was that for BOTH the Rockies and the Twins to make the WS is a long shot. Can I see the Rox make it? YES! Can I see the Twins make it? YeS! But for both teams to make it there will have to be two to three playoff upsets.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I'll take that bet as well.

Giants take the division this year, more well rounded top to bottom.
    Pitching wise, yes. But if you think the Giants have a better lineup than the Rockies do, you're crazy. And I believe our rotation will be better than what people give them credit for. Will it be best in the MLB? No. That's Philly.

Losing a 24 home run guy in Uribe doesn't help and Aubery Huff is old and I wouldn't expect him to hit 26 homers again. Best all around team in the NL West is the Rockies.

Leave a comment:

• Kno-Sean
    replied
    Originally posted by #1snake_fan View Post
    I just don't see that happening

Twins and Rockies are ok teams at best with good players on their rosters and they'll have to go through some amazing teams to get to the promise land ... I won't say it won't happen cause anything can happen I just highly doubt it
    I agree with #1snake for teams to make it, is along shot. The Rox have to go through Philly (or a team that beats them), the Cards, Reds and Giants. The Twins have to face My Sox, the Yanks, and Rangers. So it is a long shot at best.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Yes, i meant Giants, typo.

More well rounded overall then the Rockies.
    Yes and no.

They are definitely better in the pitching department. But I think we are better fielders and hitters definitely.

Pitching is the most important part though....but I'll take the Rockies

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    Shocking. The only person to leave the Rockies off their list because I'm assuming you mean the Giants for the West, seeing as though you don't have a team name there.
    Yes, i meant Giants, typo.

More well rounded overall then the Rockies.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    NL East- Phillies but if Utley's health continues to be a problem, i think we can take the division. And if one of their Top 4 go down, it's not looking good, they don't have much depth at all to cover injuries.

NL West- Great rotation 1-5, better offense then people give them credit for a good bullpen.

NL Central- Reds, i had the Cards until Waino went down.

NL Wild Card- Braves, if we played in any other division, we would win our division. I'm not gonna be shocked if Philly and Atlanta swapped places though.

AL East- Red Sox, but they need Beckett and Lackey to bounce back big-time. That offense is flat out stacked top to bottom.

AL West- Angels, like their rotation, good lineup, solid bullpen. The loss of Lee for the Rangers is huge and if they move Feliz in the rotation, that's stupid.

AL Central- White Sox, that lineup is going to score a ton of runs. Very good rotation as well, question at the backend of the bullpen though.

AL Wild Card- Yankees, and i don't their rotation is near as bad as some people say. Burnett should bounce back this year, Hughes is solid, Nova looks like a good, young pitcher, and Garcia is serviceable at the #5 spot. And if they are leading after 7, it's pretty much a done deal with Soriano/Mo in the 8th/9th.
    Shocking. The only person to leave the Rockies off their list because I'm assuming you mean the Giants for the West, seeing as though you don't have a team name there.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    NL East- Phillies but if Utley's health continues to be a problem, i think we can take the division. And if one of their Top 4 go down, it's not looking good, they don't have much depth at all to cover injuries.

NL West- Giants, great rotation 1-5, better offense then people give them credit for a good bullpen.

NL Central- Reds, i had the Cards until Waino went down.

NL Wild Card- Braves, if we played in any other division, we would win our division. I'm not gonna be shocked if Philly and Atlanta swapped places though.

AL East- Red Sox, but they need Beckett and Lackey to bounce back big-time. That offense is flat out stacked top to bottom.

AL West- Angels, like their rotation, good lineup, solid bullpen. The loss of Lee for the Rangers is huge and if they move Feliz in the rotation, that's stupid.

AL Central- White Sox, that lineup is going to score a ton of runs. Very good rotation as well, question at the backend of the bullpen though.

AL Wild Card- Yankees, and i don't their rotation is near as bad as some people say. Burnett should bounce back this year, Hughes is solid, Nova looks like a good, young pitcher, and Garcia is serviceable at the #5 spot. And if they are leading after 7, it's pretty much a done deal with Soriano/Mo in the 8th/9th.
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 03-22-2011, 05:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X