No announcement yet.

NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm OKC I at least make the call to Lebron and Wade to come team up. Troll the Warriors and NBA
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      Not sure why he wanted to leave OKC after acquiring Oladipo who gives them great defense and more scoring than Roberson.

Kudos to the Warriors for pulling it off though. Their bench is going to take a big hit
      I was thinking the same thing. Dealing Ibaka for Oladipo was a good move.

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
      The Cavs would have to move Love in order to sign anyone aside from their own free agents. It's crazy to think that the Warriors have 4 of the 5 Western Conference all stars starting for them lol.

Edit: they might be able to sign a player at the veterans minimum, but I doubt Wade would go for that....
      There's the rub. Regardless, JR Smith is probably the determining factor. Is Wade willing to take less, or is he going to get paid and play for Milwaukee, etc.

I thought Milwaukee underperformed immensely last season. Bringing in Wade could bring out how good that team really can be. I still don't think they would have the right role players to challenge Cleveland, though.
      Last edited by Spice 1; 07-04-2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
        I was thinking the same thing. Dealing Ibaka for Oladipo was a good move.

There's the rub. Regardless, JR Smith is probably the determining factor. Is Wade willing to take less, or is he going to get paid and play for Milwaukee, etc.

I thought Milwaukee underperformed immensely last season. Bringing in Wade could bring out how good that team really can be. I still don't think they would have the right role players to challenge Cleveland, though.
        It's gonna be interesting to see if the Durant signing makes the Cavs feel like they have to make a move or not.

Comment

• DWade ‏@DwyaneWade
          Relationships are important people!

Let the rumors begin?

Comment

• Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
            i was going to post that! hahahah 6 years ago. what a bum.

such a stupid move. seriously. if you cant beat them you work harder until you do

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
              And to think the league blocked the CP3 trade to the Lakers a few years back lol....
              yea what the heck is up with that?

Comment

• Durant took the easy path. Can't really blame him.

There's no team in the East that could get him past LeBron.

If he went to the Spurs, there's no guarantee that they would get past the Warriors.

His best chance for a title is to tag along with the Warriors.

I wonder how their depth will be affected.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  Durant took the easy path. Can't really blame him.

There's no team in the East that could get him past LeBron.

If he went to the Spurs, there's no guarantee that they would get past the Warriors.

His best chance for a title is to tag along with the Warriors.

I wonder how their depth will be affected.
                  Yeah if you can't BEAT them, JOIN them , right???

NOPE, the Spurs would have been his best move. WHO is going to play defense o that team??? ONE player , that's who. They may score 130 a game and give up 135.

Weird thing is, around here EVERYONE was sure he was signing a 1 year contract. The team, the coaches, the media. 90% sure. So I don't know if you all have noticed, but Durant is pretty one dimensional. He plays defense, if he feels like it. He cannot handle the ball under pressure, turns it over frequently, and gets out muscled by just about every defender for a rebound. So , they may be a one dimensional team again next season. The Thunder had them, and the Cavs figured them out. Shut down the 3 pointers, they don't really have the D to keep them in the game.

Just like with Von, good to let go of someone who don't want to be there. Von isn't the best LB in the NFL, and Durant isn't the best Forward in the NBA.

I'm sure they will build the team around Westbrook now, who is by FAR the best all around player in the NBA, this side on James. It is HIS team now.
                  sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

Cavs are almost obligated to try and sign Wade now. lol.

So the Warriors are losing Barnes, Bogut, Ezeli for sure. Possibly Speights? Doesn't change the Cavs approach offensively much. No rim protection. Warriors become a lot harder to defend, though. No Harrison Barnes out there jacking up bricks and turning the ball over off the dribble. Now you have to deal with Durant. Pretty hard to stop that.
                    Jacking up bricks and turning the ball over off the dribble, hmmm, sounds like DURANT in crunch time game 6 against the Warriors.
                    sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

For all of the people who said Lebron couldn't win a championship until he paired up with superstars it's time to come out and hammer Durant for doing worse and making it the big 4. Not worried though. Lebron owns Durant.
                      I tend to agree, this was a pretty weak move from Durant in many ways. He did give OKC nine years while growing up in the "if you can't beat them, join them" era of basketball though. I'm not sure what to think of this yet, I don't think it's on the level of what LeBron did by any means, but it's not great either.
                      Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

• LAC could still give them a run for their $, if they play up to their potential. Paul, Reddick, Rivers, Jordan, Crawford, and Blake are a formidable team
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post
                          I tend to agree, this was a pretty weak move from Durant in many ways. He did give OKC nine years while growing up in the "if you can't beat them, join them" era of basketball though. I'm not sure what to think of this yet, I don't think it's on the level of what LeBron did by any means, but it's not great either.
                          You can say what LeBron did is worse because he left Cleveland & did it on national television, but as far as pairing up with superstars? Uh, that'd be no, it's not. This team is way better than that Heat big 3. They just won 73 games. This is the 'King' (no pun intended) of sell outs. It's the equivalent of going down to the crossroads imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
                            Jacking up bricks and turning the ball over off the dribble, hmmm, sounds like DURANT in crunch time game 6 against the Warriors.
                            Well it's no excuse, but I will say that he was getting hammered by Iguodola down the stretch of those last three games. That has to be frustrating as hell, getting raked across the arm like that w/a no call. Still, to join the team that you lost to? Man, I dunno.

Originally posted by JJBroncoFan View Post

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            LAC could still give them a run for their $, if they play up to their potential. Paul, Reddick, Rivers, Jordan, Crawford, and Blake are a formidable team
                            Hey, how you feelin about Rondo?

Comment

You can say what LeBron did is worse because he left Cleveland & did it on national television, but as far as pairing up with superstars? Uh, that'd be no, it's not. This team is way better than that Heat big 3. They just won 73 games. This is the 'King' (no pun intended) of sell outs. It's the equivalent of going down to the crossroads imo.
                              I'm not in the business of picking out the worst from the worst lol. I'm not sure that's a fair comparison though anyways. Klay, Steph, and Draymond were all drafted by the Warriors. That team was mostly built, not bought. Iggy was signed, but he is hardly a superstar.

I think it's safe to say nothing will ever compare to the nonsense LeBron pulled. You would have to go out of your way to make people hate you to exceed that. Let's not forget the "special," the trash talk about winning 8 championships in a row or whatever it was. Durant may have taken a similar route but it's somewhere between the LeBron and KG route. It's hard to not consider this era as well, this is all the norm now, but people are gonna hate because it's an established team he is going to.
                              Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Well it's no excuse, but I will say that he was getting hammered by Iguodola down the stretch of those last three games. That has to be frustrating as hell, getting raked across the arm like that w/a no call. Still, to join the team that you lost to? Man, I dunno.

Hey, how you feelin about Rondo?
                                It depends on if he's willing to run like Hoiberg wants. I'm disappointed right now, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'd like to have JJ from LAC on the Bulls, though
                                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Working...
                                X