NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
    Yeah if you can't BEAT them, JOIN them , right???

NOPE, the Spurs would have been his best move. WHO is going to play defense o that team??? ONE player , that's who. They may score 130 a game and give up 135.

Weird thing is, around here EVERYONE was sure he was signing a 1 year contract. The team, the coaches, the media. 90% sure. So I don't know if you all have noticed, but Durant is pretty one dimensional. He plays defense, if he feels like it. He cannot handle the ball under pressure, turns it over frequently, and gets out muscled by just about every defender for a rebound. So , they may be a one dimensional team again next season. The Thunder had them, and the Cavs figured them out. Shut down the 3 pointers, they don't really have the D to keep them in the game.

Just like with Von, good to let go of someone who don't want to be there. Von isn't the best LB in the NFL, and Durant isn't the best Forward in the NBA.

I'm sure they will build the team around Westbrook now, who is by FAR the best all around player in the NBA, this side on James. It is HIS team now.

Klay Thompson is considered a pretty good defender and some think Curry is underrated on defense.

Considering Leonard is a small forward and Durant doesn't want to be a power forward, I don't really see how the Spurs were the best choice.

The Thunder are better off trading Westbrook since it's almost a given that he will leave in free agency.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
      Blake is a better passer and defender
      Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      I have to agree with HUMCALC on the Griffin idea. Even though Love fits what they redesigned the team to do. I would still trade him for Griffin and some window dressing.
      I wouldn't hate on the deal. I'd like to at least keep JR if something like that went down. We'd be hurting on bigs though. Love can play the 5, his defense is horrid. Something will have to happen to get Wade, he surely isn't signing for the minimum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
        I wouldn't hate on the deal. I'd like to at least keep JR if something like that went down. We'd be hurting on bigs though. Love can play the 5, his defense is horrid. Something will have to happen to get Wade, he surely isn't signing for the minimum.
        Maybe not with the Nuggs offering 2 years at 50 million.

Comment

Blake is a better passer and defender
          Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
          Maybe not with the Nuggs offering 2 years at 50 million.
          I just read there are a few different Love trade scenarios out there. One of them was for Boogie Cousins, another one was Love to Portland & the last was Love to the Heat in a Wade package. No way will Riley take part in dealing with Cleveland lol.

Comment

• These fans seem a litlle upsetLOLOLOLOL

My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
              I don't know about that. Love can shoot the 3 ball and that spaces the floor out for Lebron and Kyrie. I gripe about Love, but he does bring a lot to the team. ...
              But against the Warriors will you really want that? KD is likely to play the 4 for long stretches of games, Cleveland would be better off putting LeBron at the 4

Comment

• Nuggets are willing to throw the money at Dwyane. Will they land him?

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                  But against the Warriors will you really want that? KD is likely to play the 4 for long stretches of games, Cleveland would be better off putting LeBron at the 4
                  Love is a horrible defender, no doubt about it. He still is a great rebounder, and a double/double guy. I don't know who I would want to trade him for? I like Blake, I like Cousins, I don't think they could get either with a straight up trade. What I was saying is I don't want to bust up a championship team for a Dwayne Wade who is long in the tooth. I'd rather keep JR Smith....

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                    Nuggets are willing to throw the money at Dwyane. Will they land him?
                    I'd be shocked. I look for him to go back to the Heat...

Comment

Nuggets are willing to throw the money at Dwyane. Will they land him?
                      https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/s...25096801013760

They got a meeting with him in NY tomorrow. A day after he cancelled his meeting with the Bucks.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                        https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/s...25096801013760

They got a meeting with him in NY tomorrow. A day after he cancelled his meeting with the Bucks.
                        I am all for signing him. Could bring other FAs here.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac

sigpic

Comment

I am all for signing him. Could bring other FAs here.
                          I'd like to see him on my Bulls
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I'd like to see him on my Bulls
                            The Nuggets can offer him more money. He will take the payday he deserves after sacrificing it his whole career.

sigpic

Comment

The Nuggets can offer him more money. He will take the payday he deserves after sacrificing it his whole career.
                              I'd say the odds are about the same, 1%. At least my Bulls are his home team
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I'd say the odds are about the same, 1%. At least my Bulls are his home team
                                At this point I put it at more than 1%. I believe the Bulls have a meeting with Wade tomorrow as well. They will have to shed a contract or two to get it done. Something like Taj Gibson or Jose Calderon and Nikola Mirotic.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X