No announcement yet.

NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure about the NHL but I know the NBA and MLB are very player friendly leagues in terms of their CBA. NBA players are getting I think 50% of the revenue while NFL players only get 46%. I know there were some complaints within the NFL when Curry got his new deal but the NFL is only behind because that's what the players negotiated and even then it's only a 4% difference. But the roster sizes and coaching/front office sizes/salaries are why there will always be sizeable differences.

Comment

• Kyrie now wants out of Cleveland. Bandwagon Cavs fans will be nowhere to be found after LeBron leaves next summer too.

Comment

• Come to the Knicks, Kyrie. Not to sell tickets, The Mecca will always be packed but just so Lebron can get Melo. I want to see what that pairing will do.

Screw James Dolan.

Comment

• Kyrie isn't going anywhere, not unless they get a HUGE CAN'T MISS offer
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• If Kyrie does get traded, do you think the NBA will revisit the playoff seeding? The east is so weak and is continuing to get weaker, I don't see how they can keep letting these sorry teams in.

Also how come I'm seeing articles say he wants to be the focal point of the franchise and then say the Spurs are his top choice? Sounds like he's just trying to get out before LeBron leaves for LA.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              If Kyrie does get traded, do you think the NBA will revisit the playoff seeding? The east is so weak and is continuing to get weaker, I don't see how they can keep letting these sorry teams in.

Also how come I'm seeing articles say he wants to be the focal point of the franchise and then say the Spurs are his top choice? Sounds like he's just trying to get out before LeBron leaves for LA.
              Yeah, kind of hard to believe Kyrie thinks he's being stifled by LeBron when he had a higher usage percentage last year. Then again, we are talking about a guy who thinks the world is flat.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                If Kyrie does get traded, do you think the NBA will revisit the playoff seeding? The east is so weak and is continuing to get weaker, I don't see how they can keep letting these sorry teams in.

I'm sure Lebron not signing long term is a big factor. However, no matter what Kyrie did in Cleveland he was always 2nd fiddle to LeBron. For example, Lebrons block on Iguadala gets the hype, but Kyrie draining a dagger 3 in the reigning MVPs face to ice the game should also be a huge story. Ego wise I'm sure it hurts, and I'm sure it hurts endorsements too.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                  I'm sure Lebron not signing long term is a big factor. However, no matter what Kyrie did in Cleveland he was always 2nd fiddle to LeBron. For example, Lebrons block on Iguadala gets the hype, but Kyrie draining a dagger 3 in the reigning MVPs face to ice the game should also be a huge story. Ego wise I'm sure it hurts, and I'm sure it hurts endorsements too.
                  That's cool though. He'll get to play first fiddle in his living room while he's watching LeBron in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                    Kyrie now wants out of Cleveland. Bandwagon Cavs fans will be nowhere to be found after LeBron leaves next summer too.
                    There are bandwagon Cavs fans? Lol

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                    That's cool though. He'll get to play first fiddle in his living room while he's watching LeBron in the playoffs.
                    Agreed, I like Kyrie, but this should be about the best deal the Cavs can get for him, and not where he wants to play. He's under contract for two more years. In reality the Cavs have the leverage, and hopefully they don't pull a Pacers and give him away for nothing. One thing is for sure, he's getting traded, at least imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                      There are bandwagon Cavs fans? Lol

Agreed, I like Kyrie, but this should be about the best deal the Cavs can get for him, and not where he wants to play. He's under contract for two more years. In reality the Cavs have the leverage, and hopefully they don't pull a Pacers and give him away for nothing. One thing is for sure, he's getting traded, at least imo.
                      If I'm GM of the Cleveland Cavaliers or Denver Nuggets, from now on I'm keeping an air horn next to the phone with duct tape on it that's labelled, "Indiana Pacers GM and telemarketers only".

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                        Depends what team he goes to

Comment

Depends what team he goes to
                          That would be Boston, Toronto, Golden State, or San Antonio. Raptors would have to give up at least Lowry or Ibaka. Celtics would have to give up Thomas and somebody else. Probably Crowder or Morris. The Spurs would have to give up a combination of Parker and Patty Mills or somebody else. The problem with the Spurs trade, is the amount of money Cleveland would be over the cap would be ridiculous. Highly doubt that would happen since they could potentially get Thomas or Lowry. I'm not even going to talk about GS.

I'm still not sold Lowry or Thomas, LeBron, and Love wouldn't stomp the life out of Boston or Toronto if that happened.

Comment

That would be Boston, Toronto, Golden State, or San Antonio. Raptors would have to give up at least Lowry or Ibaka. Celtics would have to give up Thomas and somebody else. Probably Crowder or Morris. The Spurs would have to give up a combination of Parker and Patty Mills or somebody else. The problem with the Spurs trade, is the amount of money Cleveland would be over the cap would be ridiculous. Highly doubt that would happen since they could potentially get Thomas or Lowry. I'm not even going to talk about GS.

I'm still not sold Lowry or Thomas, LeBron, and Love wouldn't stomp the life out of Boston or Toronto if that happened.
                            Well he doesn't have a no trade clause, so his wish list is kind of irrelevant. Basically any team in the east can make the playoffs. Out west you're correct it could be tough to find a team with the cap space, assets, and pieces to make a playoff push.

Comment

Well he doesn't have a no trade clause, so his wish list is kind of irrelevant. Basically any team in the east can make the playoffs. Out west you're correct it could be tough to find a team with the cap space, assets, and pieces to make a playoff push.
                              Oh yeah, anybody can make it to the playoffs in the east. Well, Kyrie never did before LeBron, but what I was talking about are teams that could compete w/LeBron or for a championship if they got Kyrie. Then you got the obvious ones that don't work like OKC, Houston, Washington, etc. Maybe you want to throw Milwaukee and Minnesota on the list of teams that would have a shot? Eh...

But now that I look at it, the Spurs kind of do have a lot to offer the Cavs. I forgot Lowry is making 28M now. The Spurs could send Mills, and either Derrick White or Kyle Anderson. All of those guys are under contract for at least the next three years w/team options. That wouldn't be too bad a deal, all things considered. I'm sure they can do better somewhere else though, and that's my point. if Kyrie wants to be traded, he's going to be watching LeBron from his couch most likely.

Comment

Oh yeah, anybody can make it to the playoffs in the east. Well, Kyrie never did before LeBron, but what I was talking about are teams that could compete w/LeBron or for a championship if they got Kyrie. Then you got the obvious ones that don't work like OKC, Houston, Washington, etc. Maybe you want to throw Milwaukee and Minnesota on the list of teams that would have a shot? Eh...

But now that I look at it, the Spurs kind of do have a lot to offer the Cavs. I forgot Lowry is making 28M now. The Spurs could send Mills, and either Derrick White or Kyle Anderson. All of those guys are under contract for at least the next three years w/team options. That wouldn't be too bad a deal, all things considered. I'm sure they can do better somewhere else though, and that's my point. if Kyrie wants to be traded, he's going to be watching LeBron from his couch most likely.
                                Depending on the return in a trade for Kyrie, Cleveland could be watching Boston from the couch. It doesn't really matter though, no team is close to GS right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X