NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    There's always a chance. I mean he may be done chasing championships and just want to play for his hometown team. I sort of felt like that was his reason for coming back in the first place. Not that he suddenly thought the Cavs were in a better place than Miami was. But it worked out with Kyrie and Love for 1 ring which was icing on the cake.

I think it depends on how driven he is to try to catch Kobe or MJ in rings at this age. If he wants to be in the discussion for GOAT he probably needs to leave and try to get a team up 2-3 rings. But there's a chance he just wants to stay home and relax his last 5-7 years. And I use relax lightly because he obviously has 2-3 more years of competing for the East crown. But I don't see how this roster is ever going to form around him to compete with GS and Houston in the finals.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      There's always a chance. I mean he may be done chasing championships and just want to play for his hometown team. I sort of felt like that was his reason for coming back in the first place. Not that he suddenly thought the Cavs were in a better place than Miami was. But it worked out with Kyrie and Love for 1 ring which was icing on the cake.

I think it depends on how driven he is to try to catch Kobe or MJ in rings at this age. If he wants to be in the discussion for GOAT he probably needs to leave and try to get a team up 2-3 rings. But there's a chance he just wants to stay home and relax his last 5-7 years. And I use relax lightly because he obviously has 2-3 more years of competing for the East crown. But I don't see how this roster is ever going to form around him to compete with GS and Houston in the finals.
      I am keeping this fairly light....but yes, the team he is on is not good enough to beat GS, or maybe even Houston. Heck, look at their regular season results! For them to compete, they need either one star or 2 high quality additions......at minimum. He can't win every game. Even Durant or Curry have their lesser days. But the difference there, they probably never have the same rough day.

But this will keep basketball alive this offseason. And I am always big on blockbuster deals....as long as my teams get a good deal!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I am keeping this fairly light....but yes, the team he is on is not good enough to beat GS, or maybe even Houston. Heck, look at their regular season results! For them to compete, they need either one star or 2 high quality additions......at minimum. He can't win every game. Even Durant or Curry have their lesser days. But the difference there, they probably never have the same rough day.

But this will keep basketball alive this offseason. And I am always big on blockbuster deals....as long as my teams get a good deal!
        The only solution I see for Cleveland is to jettison a large portion of the roster, and trade the 8th pick for something established. Even then, it's hard to imagine. As far as the Cavs are concerned, LeBron and Cleveland could feasibly do each other a favor by pulling off a sign and trade with Houston. I guess it would come down to what LeBron wants to do, and whether or not Gilbert would be willing.

Comment

• Kawhi Leonard has apparently said he wants to leave San Antonio.

If it were up to me, I would make him play his last year and then walk without a max deal.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Draft day....
            It's like Christmas waiting and waiting to see what the Nuggets got the Jazz this year.

Comment

• Lakers apparently called Spurs about Leonard and got nowhere.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                Kawhi Leonard has apparently said he wants to leave San Antonio.

If it were up to me, I would make him play his last year and then walk without a max deal.
                They didn't let him play this year, and it cost them. If he leaves as a FA, they get nothing for him & other FAs won't want to come there. I think that they should trade him to a team like PHX, who have no chance of being a threat

On a side note, I knew DAL would somehow get the foreigner to be the heir apparent to Dirk.

What would you guys do if you were LeBron? Do you want rings, points, $, legacy, weather, etc. ?
                "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Leonard chose not to play despite being cleared by team doctors. Let him walk for nothing and prove the money doesn’t matter.

LeBron will go where he thinks he can back to the finals, unless he’s just fed up with losing to the Warriors when Draymond doesn’t get suspended. He probably stays in the East.
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Happy with the Jazz selection of Allen......Nuggets pick was really solid as well.

Comment

Leonard chose not to play despite being cleared by team doctors. Let him walk for nothing and prove the money doesn’t matter.

LeBron will go where he thinks he can back to the finals, unless he’s just fed up with losing to the Warriors when Draymond doesn’t get suspended. He probably stays in the East.
                      Cleveland doesn't lose Love & Irving in that first series they have 2 titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                        They didn't let him play this year, and it cost them. If he leaves as a FA, they get nothing for him & other FAs won't want to come there. I think that they should trade him to a team like PHX, who have no chance of being a threat

On a side note, I knew DAL would somehow get the foreigner to be the heir apparent to Dirk.

What would you guys do if you were LeBron? Do you want rings, points, $, legacy, weather, etc. ?
                        Of course, as a Cavs fan, I'd like him to stay, but this is bigger than Cleveland now. He came home, and won a title. It's more about his legacy now, and he isn't afforded the luxury of being on a great team to build upon it.

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                        Leonard chose not to play despite being cleared by team doctors. Let him walk for nothing and prove the money doesn’t matter.

Dude played in 6 games including Game 7 at home, and they still got beat.

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                        Happy with the Jazz selection of Allen......Nuggets pick was really solid as well.
                        Allen was such a Utah pick. If you asked me before the draft where he'd most likely go, that would've been my guess.

Comment

• Gobert wins DPOY and well deserved.

Mitchell should have won ROY imo. I guess he will have to wait until next year lol

Comment

• Wow! Paul George is staying in OKC for four years.
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Wow! Paul George is staying in OKC for four years.
                              OKC is nuts! They're spending $300 Million on a mediocre team, that is going nowhere. Also why is HOU giving Paul $160 Million, after another injury? Why is anyone paying Doug McDermott? How did SA convince Bellini to come back to them? I'm disappointed that Rose re-signed with MINN. If PHI doesn't get Leonard, I predict that LeBron returns to CLE. HOU's out, as is: GSW, BOS, NYK,, and in my mind LAL
                              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• LeBron meeting with Sixers.....yes please

Comment

Working...
                                X