Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
    BTW according to ESPN, Boogie won't be back until DEC/JAN
    This is why im happy la didnt get him. He basically replaces mcgee if/when hes healthy. West only continues to get tougher while the east.....
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
      This is why im happy la didnt get him. He basically replaces mcgee if/when hes healthy. West only continues to get tougher while the east.....
      I didn't want him with LeBron either. I wanted him in the East
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
        Steph Curry
        Klay Thompson
        Kevin Durant
        Draymond Green
        Boogie Cousins

Western Conference All Star starting 5?
        Nope, it’s the Warriors new starting 5. LOL! LeBron to the Lakers is so yesterday’s news.
        I am DONE with the NBA! Way to go Commish! Congrats on totally ruining what little was left of an already very unwatchable sport. So just go ahead, and hand the Trophy to the Golden State RING CHASERS now, and save us the grief ! :thumb:
        sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

• Originally posted by Axemaster View Post
          I am DONE with the NBA! Way to go Commish! Congrats on totally ruining what little was left of an already very unwatchable sport. So just go ahead, and hand the Trophy to the Golden State RING CHASERS now, and save us the grief ! :thumb:
          My issue with the Warriors is indeed the two-faced ring chasing. Iguadala, Durant, Boogie, and all the vet min. Take well below market deals to chase a ring after spending careers and making comments against it.

However, the actual issue lies with the players association. My rejecting cap smoothing it led to that huge cap spike in 2016, which allowed the warriors to become what they are.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            My issue with the Warriors is indeed the two-faced ring chasing. Iguadala, Durant, Boogie, and all the vet min. Take well below market deals to chase a ring after spending careers and making comments against it.

However, the actual issue lies with the players association. My rejecting cap smoothing it led to that huge cap spike in 2016, which allowed the warriors to become what they are.
            Don't really disagree with 2/3 of what you are saying here. But technically Iggy joined them before all the rings. He left the Nuggets after the Warriors upset us but then lost to the Spurs in the second round. So at the time he chose to go there they weren't top of the league yet.

You can be a little frustrated that he chooses to stay there for rings over getting paid elsewhere. But personally I always prefer players that want to win over getting paid to lose elsewhere.

Durant and Boogie chose to ride coattails so that part I agree on.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
              Don't really disagree with 2/3 of what you are saying here. But technically Iggy joined them before all the rings. He left the Nuggets after the Warriors upset us but then lost to the Spurs in the second round. So at the time he chose to go there they weren't top of the league yet.

You can be a little frustrated that he chooses to stay there for rings over getting paid elsewhere. But personally I always prefer players that want to win over getting paid to lose elsewhere.

Durant and Boogie chose to ride coattails so that part I agree on.
              Iguadala talked about being team first, and then had his inner circle working on a deal to go to GS, and was leaking info to them on team meetings. Iggy is as two faced as it gets.
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                Iguadala talked about being team first, and then had his inner circle working on a deal to go to GS, and was leaking info to them on team meetings. Iggy is as two faced as it gets.
                Well that's a different subject. I never said I liked him. Just said he wasn't ring chasing at the time because they weren't considered at that level yet.
                sigpic

Comment

• For those players who are taking a little less to play on a dominant team, big deal! Heck, if GS signed me, "we'd" probably still win. Sure, we all want to be winners, but stacking a team does not excite me. I much prefer loyalty (when it is a 2 way situation), and I very much prefer those over achieving to win the title. Playing on a super stacked team is not a challenge, because you can do less and still be a champ.

As long as GS is allowed to load up, I will not be a big fan. But I will show my support for any team playing against them.

Comment

• Tony Parker going to the Hornets.

Is this a last ditch effort by the Spurs to keep Leonard?

It’s going to be a little weird to see Parker in a different uniform.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Kawhi to TOR for DeRozan
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                        Tony Parker going to the Hornets.

Is this a last ditch effort by the Spurs to keep Leonard?

It’s going to be a little weird to see Parker in a different uniform.
                        Yep. It's going to be hugely weird!!
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Huge trade (as mentioned)….Leonard and Green to Toronto for DeRozan, Poeltl and a "protected" first rounder (which could be 2 seconds if in the top 20).

WOW!

Toronto is taking a big risk, because Leonard may only be there for 1 year. But overall, some experts like this trade for The Raptors. Mind you, Leonard could be traded before the end of next season. Then again, he and Green could be the difference in them going to the finals.

Toronto is already missing DeRozan. I miss him. I wish him well. Great player.....great guy!!

But The Raptors GM is putting his job on the table, and saying that he will not come up short again without a fight.

Should be interesting....

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            Huge trade (as mentioned)….Leonard and Green to Toronto for DeRozan, Poeltl and a "protected" first rounder (which could be 2 seconds if in the top 20).

WOW!

Toronto is taking a big risk, because Leonard may only be there for 1 year. But overall, some experts like this trade for The Raptors. Mind you, Leonard could be traded before the end of next season. Then again, he and Green could be the difference in them going to the finals.

Toronto is already missing DeRozan. I miss him. I wish him well. Great player.....great guy!!

But The Raptors GM is putting his job on the table, and saying that he will not come up short again without a fight.

Yep, and with LbJ in the West now, the door is fully open for them.
                            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              Huge trade (as mentioned)….Leonard and Green to Toronto for DeRozan, Poeltl and a "protected" first rounder (which could be 2 seconds if in the top 20).

WOW!

I read earlier today that internally the Raptors actually contemplated a rebuild, because they're a good team, but not good enough. They knew the roster needed changes and this is a big change. I like it, they're pushing their chips to the middle of the table, if it works out great. If it doesn't they can trade him at the deadline (as you mentioned), or at the very least they have a lot of money available next offseason.

DeRozan was a great Raptor, and it's good to see a player who wants to stay in Toronto, but he also disappeared in the playoffs the last two seasons. No doubt there's a message there replacing him with a guy who's known to be clutch in May and June.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                                I read earlier today that internally the Raptors actually contemplated a rebuild, because they're a good team, but not good enough. They knew the roster needed changes and this is a big change. I like it, they're pushing their chips to the middle of the table, if it works out great. If it doesn't they can trade him at the deadline (as you mentioned), or at the very least they have a lot of money available next offseason.

DeRozan was a great Raptor, and it's good to see a player who wants to stay in Toronto, but he also disappeared in the playoffs the last two seasons. No doubt there's a message there replacing him with a guy who's known to be clutch in May and June.
                                Yes to all of this!

Leonard may not want to go to TO initially, but he needs to play hard this year and keep his value up, up, up! And once he lands there, he will appreciate the fan base, and the quality of the team, and the fact that he may have a great shot at making it to the NBA championship. Hey, TO will be rocking this winter, with the signing of Leonard and Tavares, so the city will be hopping with great NBA and NHL. And TO is a truly international city.

And with that all said, he will have some great things to consider less than a year from now. Life looks good for Leonard. And why not....he's a great player!

So....if all goes to plan, The Raptors are in a very interesting situation. They DID get the best player in the trade and that's almost always the thing you want to do, even in a multiple player trade. Of course the question is, one that we need to await the answer.....is Leonard's talent worth more to The Raptors than DeRozan's skill combined with his loyalty?

Comment

Working...
                                X