Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    The talk seems to be that he’s part of a plan to remain relevant.
    Relevant? Since 1990, LeBron is the only thing that made them relevant. They're a joke of a franchise, and they need to try and reboot again
    Last edited by HUMCALC; 07-24-2018, 06:49 PM.
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

    Comment


    • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
      Relevant? Since 1990, LeBron is the only thing that made them relevant. They're a joke of a franchise, and they need to try and reboot again
      There’s really no point in teams rebooting just to reboot as long as the Warriors remain constructed as they are.

      They might as well try to be watchable and entertain their fans with some semblance of competent basketball.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

      Comment


      • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
        Relevant? Since 1990, LeBron is the only thing that made them relevant. They're a joke of a franchise, and they need to try and reboot again
        Idk. They weren't exactly perennial championship contenders, but they only missed the playoffs like 2 times in the 90's. Won 50+ games like 3 times. I wouldn't exactly call that a joke. They didn't suck until the early 2000's, and that's how they landed LeBron in '03. I fully acknowledge that they struggled to put players around LeBron during his first stint in Cleveland, though. So in that regard, what you're saying sort of makes sense. What it basically comes down to though, is Chicago drafted Jordan and Cleveland didn't. Hell, if Jordan went to the western conference, I bet Cleveland would have won the east at least once in the 90's.

        Comment


        • Losing DeRozan gets tougher all the time, listening to him and realizing how much he loved TO.

          Comment


          • lol. NBA offseason is better than the playoffs these days.

            https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cid=spartanntp

            Comment


            • Yeah i wouldn't call cleve a joke of a franchise. Maybe management is bad (just what ive heard). Im sure theres more than a few teams that are envious of their success the past few seasons
              Glen Haven Fire

              Comment


              • Nice to have the NBA back in the mix!
                Looking forward to a great year from the Jazz. I think Utah will be one of the top teams in the league this season.

                Comment


                • The 76ers are trading for Jimmy Butler. I'm surprised that MINN didn't take HOU's 4 1st round picks
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                    The 76ers are trading for Jimmy Butler. I'm surprised that MINN didn't take HOU's 4 1st round picks
                    lol. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Boston.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                      lol. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Boston.
                      May just be me but im happy hes not a laker and hes out east.
                      Glen Haven Fire

                      Comment


                      • I have to say, so far the Kawhi Leonard impact on The Raptors has been amazing! 12 and 1, and even winning games when he gets games off to ensure he will be healthy thru the season, into the playoffs. He is a great player!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          I have to say, so far the Kawhi Leonard impact on The Raptors has been amazing! 12 and 1, and even winning games when he gets games off to ensure he will be healthy thru the season, into the playoffs. He is a great player!
                          It's amazing what a complete player with a high BBall IQ can do for a team. Guys who are flashy, but don't understand how to win are a dime a dozen.

                          Comment


                          • Getting chandler helped the d so much.
                            Glen Haven Fire

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                              It's amazing what a complete player with a high BBall IQ can do for a team. Guys who are flashy, but don't understand how to win are a dime a dozen.
                              So true. Leonard appears quite humble, and just does what he is supposed to do....play hard and effectively. And yes, they finally lost a game with him in the lineup, but what I've seen so far is MVP type play....2 way skill and excellence!

                              Comment


                              • So im curious...
                                If your the Lakers gm, do you go after kevin durant or Anthony davis?
                                Glen Haven Fire

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X