NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Lol. Or, Kawhi wanted to go home, and didn’t want to pull a Kevin Durant. Hard telling what he would’ve done if West wasn’t willing to ship 5 1st rounders for George. All of LeBron’s former teammates like Jefferson rave about him. Only guy who might’ve had a problem was Kyrie, but yeah. Kyrie doing Kyrie things. LeBron has already offered AD his number.
    Kawhi could have gone home with the Lakers also. Paul George could have joined LeBron last summer instead he chose Westbrook. Players in their primes, would rather not play with LeBron. It took Rich Paul, doing shady business, and having AD give up millions of dollars to get LeBron a 2nd star in LA. LeBron will always look out for LeBron, which is fine, but he will leave anyone high and dry if he thinks he can benefit himself.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      No star player in his prime, other than Anthony Davis, has ever decided to go where LeBron James is. He had to go to Miami to team with Bosh and Wade. Maybe Kevin Love is the other one but he might have simply wanted out of Minnesota.
      To add, if AD and James didn't share the same agent, I wonder how that would have played out. You can claim getting AD to LAL was better for ADs brand, but man he had to sacrifice millions and play on a depleted bench, and damage his image to do it. Plus, there could have numerous other teams that probably could have bettered his brand as well.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• If anything, it looks like GS's reign is over. No KD, no Klay for a chunk of the season, and a group of teams on the rise in The West.

Comment

Guys like Bosh didn’t want to play in Cleveland. You guys are making stuff up to fit the anti-LeBron narrative. Pretty simple.
          What’s being made up? Did Bosh go to Cleveland or did he go to Miami?

I’m not anti-LeBron. I’m anti-deification of athletes and celebrities in general. Don’t claim LeBron is a free agent magnet, when the evidence is to the contrary.

I don’t care what Jordan fans say. LeBron James is a better basketball player. That’s not to say he’s the GOAT. That’s a question that can never be truly answered.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I’m not anti-LeBron. I’m anti-deification of athletes and celebrities in general. Don’t claim LeBron is a free agent magnet, when the evidence is to the contrary.

I don’t care what Jordan fans say. LeBron James is a better basketball player. That’s not to say he’s the GOAT. That’s a question that can never be truly answered.
            Jordan's six championships and his undefeated record in the NBA Finals says he is the best....oh and..

Jordan was a better scorer than LeBron James
            Jordan played in a far superior era
            Michael Jordan is a far superior defender than LeBron James
            Michael Jordan takes over games and is able to lift his team when needed
            LeBron James is a turnover machine while Jordan took care of the ball
            You can count on Michael Jordan to close games
            Michael Jordan is the better shooter
            Michael Jordan never claimed to be the best player in the world before an elimination game and then shot terrible to lose the game.

And back to the beginning....

Jordan has SIX titles and SIX Finals MVPs

Now I am old enough to have watched Jordan back then... and don’t watch basketball very much now... but Lebron doesn’t pass the eye test like Jordan did...
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
              Kawhi could have gone home with the Lakers also. Paul George could have joined LeBron last summer instead he chose Westbrook. Players in their primes, would rather not play with LeBron. It took Rich Paul, doing shady business, and having AD give up millions of dollars to get LeBron a 2nd star in LA. LeBron will always look out for LeBron, which is fine, but he will leave anyone high and dry if he thinks he can benefit himself.
              I think it says more about the players than LeBron. I’m not surprised Kawhi didn’t join up with AD and LBJ. Don’t see a reason to read into it more than that. It makes sense given the type of player he is and what he’s accomplished. As far as George goes... What do you think of that guy? Better question, what do Indiana and OKC fans think of him right now? I never saw LeBron throw any teammates under the bus, even when he would’ve been right to. So that’s more of a media thing than a LeBron thing. He won titles in Miami. He came home and made it right in CLE. If guys don’t want to play on his team that’s either about wanting to beat the best, or in PG or Kyrie’s case, something else.

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Funny you mention MJ, who punched two teammates on the face. I don’t get the free agent magnet thing. I never said that. I’m just saying that there’s an unsubstantiated narrative going around that nobody wants to play with LeBron. Bosh, Wade, and LeBron were boys. They set that whole thing up in advance. Bosh didn’t want to play in Cleveland. Had nothing to do with not wanting to play with LeBron. And I’m sure he’s glad he did. I’m sure Love and even Kyrie are glad they did.

Comment

I think it says more about the players than LeBron. I’m not surprised Kawhi didn’t join up with AD and LBJ. Don’t see a reason to read into it more than that. It makes sense given the type of player he is and what he’s accomplished. As far as George goes... What do you think of that guy? Better question, what do Indiana and OKC fans think of him right now? I never saw LeBron throw any teammates under the bus, even when he would’ve been right to. So that’s more of a media thing than a LeBron thing. He won titles in Miami. He came home and made it right in CLE. If guys don’t want to play on his team that’s either about wanting to beat the best, or in PG or Kyrie’s case, something else.

Funny you mention MJ, who punched two teammates on the face. I don’t get the free agent magnet thing. I never said that. I’m just saying that there’s an unsubstantiated narrative going around that nobody wants to play with LeBron. Bosh, Wade, and LeBron were boys. They set that whole thing up in advance. Bosh didn’t want to play in Cleveland. Had nothing to do with not wanting to play with LeBron. And I’m sure he’s glad he did. I’m sure Love and even Kyrie are glad they did.
                MJ also slapped Malik Monk twice in a game this season. But players had tougher skin back then so I don’t think people cared as much about that

Comment

• And Cousins signs with the Lakers for pretty much the vet min. For coming off two serious injuries, I thought outside of game one he looked like a very good defender which has been a big criticism of him throughout his career. I wonder what the Heat and whoever else offered him. Would’ve loved to see him in Denver at that price. Still don’t think the Lakers have enough to be a top contender.

Comment

• Appreciate Kawhi deciding to compete against LeBron instead of joining him. I think it will make the season much more enjoyable to watch. I hope a healthy rivalry is developed between the L.A. teams for a few years.

Comment

Plenty of people have described LeBron James as someone free agents want to join.
                      Star free agents in their prime have never done that, except for Bosh. However, he wouldn’t do it in Cleveland, it had to be Miami. It was more important to Bosh to not play in Cleveland than it was to play with LeBron James. James had to agree to join Wade in Miami in order to get Bosh to play with him.

Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are certainly glad to have won a championship. Obviously Irving wasn’t happy playing with LeBron James. Love had his issues that might have had him wondering at times if he should have stayed in Minnesota. Things got so bad that Chris Bosh felt the need to offer words of empathy for Kevin Love.
                      Last edited by broncolee; 07-07-2019, 01:31 PM.
                      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                      You Mad Bro?
                      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Word is that The Raptors could have made a trade to land George, and even Westbrook....but Ujiri did not want to pay the price. Players (including Siakam) and tons of draft picks. I will trust Ujiri on this, because he is one of the best in the biz. But I would not have complained giving up some of the future for some great years!

Comment

• Here's one take from the Toronto Star:

The Oklahoma City Thunder asked the Toronto Raptors for Pascal Siakam, Fred VanVleet and four unprotected first round picks before even starting to match up salaries in exchange for Paul George, sources tell Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star. Sources also say Russell Westbrook was never discussed in talks with Raptors.

The Raptors never got the sense, however, that the Thunder were serious about completing a trade of George with them. Toronto felt they were being used as leverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            Here's one take from the Toronto Star:

The Oklahoma City Thunder asked the Toronto Raptors for Pascal Siakam, Fred VanVleet and four unprotected first round picks before even starting to match up salaries in exchange for Paul George, sources tell Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star. Sources also say Russell Westbrook was never discussed in talks with Raptors.

The Raptors never got the sense, however, that the Thunder were serious about completing a trade of George with them. Toronto felt they were being used as leverage.
                            Using Toronto as leverage makes sense, since it was pretty clear Kawhi never intended on staying in Toronto.

Going to Los Angeles was the whole point of Kawhi forcing his way out of San Antonio.

If the Clippers had failed to land George, Kawhi would be a Laker right now.
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Using Toronto as leverage makes sense, since it was pretty clear Kawhi never intended on staying in Toronto.

Going to Los Angeles was the whole point of Kawhi forcing his way out of San Antonio.

If the Clippers had failed to land George, Kawhi would be a Laker right now.
                              I tend to agree with you on this. Raptors fans, like me, had hopes that Kawhi would fall for Toronto....and it did not hurt that they won a world title together. But it sounds like he was an active participant behind the scenes to make the deal work for him, in LA.

Again, though most of us Raptor fans are saddened, he helped bring a championship to the team, and championships are not easy to come by.

And I am actually feeling some confidence that Ujiri will make this team amazing again, possibly by the 20/21 season.

And what I believe is the other good news....there is more parity in the league, thanks to all the player moves. Heck, I would not count out The Pelicans or OKC in the next few years, with all that potential young talent.
                              Last edited by CanDB; 07-08-2019, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Chris Paul for Russell Westbrook? Harden and Westbrook together? Man, can there scientifically be 2 black holes in the same vicinity? Very nice intriguing trade

Comment

Working...
                                X