Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kawhi was a trade, not a free agent.

    Ujiri is good, doesn’t mean he didn’t make a mistake with Lowry.

    Even if they draft well, chances are those players will leave in free agency at some point. That’s what happens in Toronto.

    Oh! I’m not saying Ujiri necessarily made a mistake with Lowry. Just saying he might have.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

    Comment


    • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      Kawhi was a trade, not a free agent.

      Ujiri is good, doesn’t mean he didn’t make a mistake with Lowry.

      Even if they draft well, chances are those players will leave in free agency at some point. That’s what happens in Toronto.

      Oh! I’m not saying Ujiri necessarily made a mistake with Lowry. Just saying he might have.
      I think everyone knows that Kawhi was a calculated, risky trade. Just so happens it turned into a Championship decision!

      Do you know what happens in Toronto? Great city! It's a 3 big league sport city along Major League Soccer and loads more. They have a good hockey team, an exciting baseball team, and one of the best NBA teams in the previous few seasons. I suggest that if Ujiri can land another pretty big fish, and they draft well, The Raps will be back sooner than later. They make the playoffs this year I am quite sure, if not for the covid outbreak.

      If you haven't visited the area, you are missing out of some of the best sites (CN Tower, Niagara Falls), great restaurants, markets, big lakes close by. And yes, a city that has won championships in MLB (2), NBA, NHL (13) and MLS. Admittedly, the hockey gap has been a bit too long, but they are a contender at this moment.

      And for the record, sources say that Giannis had TO right near the top of his future teams. Not that it counts. And TO has an appealing aspect to many players....a very diversified landscape.

      Great city! Great area!

      Glad you are so interested in them. And not to worry about Lowry. His President respected his value.
      Last edited by CanDB; 03-27-2021, 10:27 AM.

      Comment


      • Dwayne Wade recently purchased an ownership stake in the Jazz. This is great news and truly exciting for us Jazz fans.
        I love the direction of this team and the leaders. DW only adds to that great core from top to bottom. It's been a great season for the Jazz and looking forward there's hope for more success.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
          Dwayne Wade recently purchased an ownership stake in the Jazz. This is great news and truly exciting for us Jazz fans.
          I love the direction of this team and the leaders. DW only adds to that great core from top to bottom. It's been a great season for the Jazz and looking forward there's hope for more success.
          Utah is having a great year! Interesting events of late. Phoenix is also making some noise. I love it! There are some obvious contenders, but it's great when the field grows to include teams that were not respected enough not long ago.

          So many storylines waiting to be told. Are The LA teams that good, or are they now chasing? Can Denver handle the loss of Jamal? Do The Nets big three get healthy enough for a playoff run? Then there's Philly and The Bucks, who you can not count out in the end.

          As for my Raptors, well I sure hope they win the lottery!! If so, they could be really good next year.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CanDB View Post

            Utah is having a great year! Interesting events of late. Phoenix is also making some noise. I love it! There are some obvious contenders, but it's great when the field grows to include teams that were not respected enough not long ago.

            So many storylines waiting to be told. Are The LA teams that good, or are they now chasing? Can Denver handle the loss of Jamal? Do The Nets big three get healthy enough for a playoff run? Then there's Philly and The Bucks, who you can not count out in the end.

            As for my Raptors, well I sure hope they win the lottery!! If so, they could be really good next year.
            It has definitely been a great year and I'm excited the team has made the playoffs already. I'm hoping they can keep up the home court advantage moving forward.
            I will say though, I'm not sure Utah has enough in the half court game to make a big push. Shooters all around but in the playoffs the game slows a bit and I'm not so sure how the Jazz will react.
            Definitely exciting seeing them as one of the top units again.

            The shooter (Thomas) we got from your Raptors hasn't made a big impact yet, but he fits in well with his strengths.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post

              It has definitely been a great year and I'm excited the team has made the playoffs already. I'm hoping they can keep up the home court advantage moving forward.
              I will say though, I'm not sure Utah has enough in the half court game to make a big push. Shooters all around but in the playoffs the game slows a bit and I'm not so sure how the Jazz will react.
              Definitely exciting seeing them as one of the top units again.

              The shooter (Thomas) we got from your Raptors hasn't made a big impact yet, but he fits in well with his strengths.
              I really hope it's Utah or Phoenix in The West. Denver as well, for the local gang, though losing Murray was unfortunate. All in all, a change from the same old.

              If The Nets have their 3 top guns ready for the playoffs, I believe they make it to the final.

              As for The Raps....time for a good lottery!!! I am confident that this off year will be ok, if they can select a high quality player. They have the core of a decent team, and all it might take is a good draft pick, and one really good acquisition, though I think 2 good players could be the game changer.

              Comment


              • Wow, the Tampa Raptors aren’t even in the mix for the play in tournament while the New York Knicks are tied for fourth.

                The universe is spinning out of control.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

                Comment


                • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  Wow, the Tampa Raptors aren’t even in the mix for the play in tournament while the New York Knicks are tied for fourth.

                  The universe is spinning out of control.
                  Seeing as you think this is the smack forum, I have a question. Why such an "obsession" dude? Maybe you should get that looked into.

                  Of course, anyone knows that a team temporarily moved due to the pandemic is so hilarious that it needs to be repeated, even though it is irrelevant to the dialogue. Small.......

                  Last edited by CanDB; 04-28-2021, 06:58 AM.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X