NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
    Whatdya guys l think about potentially dealing Rondo?
    For the right price, sure, but i'm not sure many teams have the right package for him.

Hell of a game by him today.

Comment

• Celtics: We have ONE good young player

Let's trade him!

Good God...I'd be beyond angry if this happened.

Rondo is a top 5 PG and is in his 4th year?....No you don't trade him smh. Especially when you consider aside from shooting, he is the best or near at everything else. Rebounding, Passing, Halfcourt, Fast-Break, DEFENSE....Rondo is an amazing player in all those categories. You don't trade him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
        Celtics: We have ONE good young player

Let's trade him!

Good God...I'd be beyond angry if this happened.

Rondo is a top 5 PG and is in his 4th year?....No you don't trade him smh. Especially when you consider aside from shooting, he is the best or near at everything else. Rebounding, Passing, Halfcourt, Fast-Break, DEFENSE....Rondo is an amazing player in all those categories. You don't trade him.
        I agree if today don't tell that FO anything about Rondo and how hard he works then I'd seriously question the direction of the gms. Celtics are nearing a complete rebuild but you have a franchise PG that's a start and Rondo can pull in some FA's to try and help him.

I may be a bulls fan but Rondo is truth guy gets it done and you don't trade talent like that if you can help it.
        :go:

Comment

• Honestly, not one person in the entire organization is as crucial as Rondo is for the future/post Big 3 era, which is approaching very soon.

Avery could develop into a nice player. Jeff Green ain't bad. Thompson looks good in what I've seen from him. But Rondo is irreplaceable at this point. He needs to be the cornerstone for the next real Celtics team...Unless they pull off some amazing trade and get VERY good compensation...I will be livid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
            Great idea! Trade your best big man and get another guard so he can come off the bench.
            So it seems.

If your best big man is 36 years old and having a great meaningless year during a period when your organization is trying to bring in more youth, you better trade him while he's worth something. Hence, the Kendrick Perkins trade.

Or you could let him retire next year and not get anything at all.

Comment

• DJ Foster, of Clippersblog, on ESPN thinks Boston/Nuggets should make this trade:

Boston acquires: Steve Nash, Jared Dudley and Kenneth Faried; Denver Nuggets acquire: Rajon Rondo, Chris Wilcox and Sebastian Telfair; Phoenix Suns acquire: Ty Lawson, Andre Miller, Avery Bradley

LMAO. I'd be so depressed.
              2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                DJ Foster, of Clippersblog, on ESPN thinks Boston/Nuggets should make this trade:

Boston acquires: Steve Nash, Jared Dudley and Kenneth Faried; Denver Nuggets acquire: Rajon Rondo, Chris Wilcox and Sebastian Telfair; Phoenix Suns acquire: Ty Lawson, Andre Miller, Avery Bradley

I REALLY like Rondo, but this is not a very good trade for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                  I REALLY like Rondo, but this is not a very good trade for us.
                  Yeah, I think Ty Lawson will be the better player throughout his career.

Also, Faried will become a beast too.

I would be so upset....
                  2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• Give me Lawson. His potential is very high and he continues to show growth. His jumper is coming a long and he can take it to the basket as good as Rondo if no tbetter. Rondo is a better passer though but I would prefer to keep Lawson.

Comment

DJ Foster, of Clippersblog, on ESPN thinks Boston/Nuggets should make this trade:

I would cry. We def would get trade raped.

Would be happy that miller is gone though.
                      sigpic

Comment

That's just such a bad trade for everyone except Phoenix.

Nuggets lose Faried. I consider Rondo/Lawson a wash.

Celtics get OLDER. Gain Faried.

Phoenix moves Nash who's at the end of the road, replaces him with a guy about to hit his prime.....

We sure this guy ain't a Suns fan?

Comment

• And Phoenix gets Avery Bradley too? LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                            So it seems.

If your best big man is 36 years old and having a great meaningless year during a period when your organization is trying to bring in more youth, you better trade him while he's worth something. Hence, the Kendrick Perkins trade.

Or you could let him retire next year and not get anything at all.
                            Yes but if you're going to trade away your best big guy, you need to have someone who can fill in, not Austin Rivers.

Comment

• I have been meaning to say this for a while now and been doing lot of research lately what I came up with on Kobe Bryant career is just insane. And no player in history of NBA has played this well or put up these type of numbers in their 16th year.

Top 5 scoring leader of all-time already, will pass Wilt and Jordan.
                              -Youngest player to reach 25,000 points.
                              -81 points in a single game with no overtime, #2 highest scoring individual performance of all time behind Wilt's 100.
                              -62 points in 3 quarters against the Mavs in 05, outscored the Mavs by himself, the only player to do this in the shot clock era.

-All-time leading scorer in Laker franchise history (among Jerry West, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Baylor, etc).
                              -Most 60 point games in Laker franchise history, 2nd most in league history (tying MJ).
                              -Most 50 point games in Laker franchise history, 3rd most in league history (behind MJ and Wilt).
                              -Most 40 point games in Laker franchise history.

-Averaged 35 ppg for the entire season in 06, 31 ppg for the entire season in 07, 30 ppg for the entire season in 03.
                              -Averaged 43 ppg for January in 06, highest single month scoring average in league history after Wilt.
                              -NINE straight 40+ point games in 03, only player to do it since Wilt.
                              -FOUR straight 45+ point games in 06, only player to do it since Wilt.
                              -Scored 65, 50, 60, 50...4 games in a row in 07, only player to do it since Wilt.
                              -Holds record for most 3-pointers made in a game (13) AND in one half (8).
                              -61 points against the Knicks in 09...record for MSG.

Also. Think about this for a second, Kobe came in the league at about the same time as Iverson, T-Mac, Vince Carter, Ray Allen and he is still playing like a superstar while the rest are either retired or a shell of their former selves. For a while it looked like Arenas was going to give him some competition for the next few years, but he fell off the map fast, think about that, Kobe came in the league in '96, Arenas was drafted in '01 and now look where both players are. Nash is the only player that comes close to Kobe's longevity, but Nash really didn't become elite until he joined the Suns in 2005, Kobe was a superstar by 2001. Yesterday's game is the reason why I made this post, how he was able to outperform two superstars in this league that were drafted in 2003, 7 years after Kobe was drafted. Wade is a few years younger than Kobe, but the 16 year vet Bryant still might be better.

Last edited by Chillez; 03-05-2012, 01:08 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

• I don't see how anyone can honestly say Kobe Bryant is not an top 5 to top 10 athlete ever in any sport his longevity is simply out of this world. I honestly can't think of any athlete at least not in my lifetime, doing this in any sport. I guess for NBA Karl Malone comes to mind he was playing at age 39+ at a high level but he never won a title due to Jordan's Bulls.
                                Last edited by Chillez; 03-05-2012, 01:32 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X