No announcement yet.

NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melo and the Knicks are struggling. Melo is ruining that team. Not that they are great but they are over hyped to no end and Lin is not playing as great as he was when he burst onto the scene I think they need to do something. But either way I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
      Melo and the Knicks are struggling. Melo is ruining that team. Not that they are great but they are over hyped to no end and Lin is not playing as great as he was when he burst onto the scene I think they need to do something. But either way I love it.
      On a lighter note Linsanity is officially dead Knicks lose 5th straight. Lost 8 of 10 since Melo returned if you're wondering who killed it.
      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• See Melo's got it all backwards....

When you are as good as he is (or at least have the potential he has)....when you come back....your team is supposed to get better.

But instead.....they've lost 6 in a row....and they are 2-8 since Melo returned.

I'd be lying if I said I am shocked.
        Last edited by Broncoholic3233; 03-12-2012, 10:40 PM.
        2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• Lol I love it! If the Knicks miss the playoffs in the piss poor East it would be so awesome! And at this point it actually looks like a good possibility. Keep sucking Melo!!!

Comment

• Why the Knicks suck...

1) D'Antoni
            2) D'Antoni
            3) D'Antoni

D'Antoni needs to be fired, the sooner the better. The Knicks have the clear ability to be a top 3 team in the East but not with D'Antoni at the helm. He enforces nothing, not even practice to an extent.

Phil Jackson, where are you
            Denver Broncos
            New York Yankees
            New York Knicks
            Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
              Why the Knicks suck...

1) D'Antoni
              2) D'Antoni
              3) D'Antoni

D'Antoni needs to be fired, the sooner the better. The Knicks have the clear ability to be a top 3 team in the East but not with D'Antoni at the helm. He enforces nothing, not even practice to an extent.

Phil Jackson, where are you
              Good luck getting anyone to mold Melo into a different player. He is the reason why the team sucks. The coaches take to much of the blame and it is clear. When the coach had some control over the unit with Lin sharing the ball and the team playing as one they were good. Melo gets back and it has been loss after loss with very few wins mixed in there.

Melo is the problem. His game will not change as he continues to show. It may for one game or for a weeks worth of games. But eventually he will become the ball stopping hog who takes away from a team style of play where players are passing and sharing the basketball.

Comment

• The Knicks suck because of melo they were above 500 when he was acquired and they have been well under since. the only reason the Knicks are sniffing the playoffs right now is because of Lin. Face it melo sucks and the Knicks would be a better team without him they would have amare running more pick and roll with Lin along with chandler

Comment

• I've only watched the Knicks like three times this year (different lineup every time it seems). One thing that jumped out at me from the Chicago game was Jeremy Lin going 1 on 3 down the stretch. I realize that D'antoni likes to empower his point guards, but this team is better than that. You have two upper echelon scoring threats in Stoudemire and Anthony, but what you end up with is Jeremy Lin trapped in the paint with a circus shot.

I agree with most in that I don't think Anthony (right now) is a good mix with the other starters, but I think there has to be some accountability from the coaches. Anthony obviously isn't very comfortable yet. I think it has to do with trying to figure out what role he needs to play. I think he's a little out of shape too. Chandler is most effective with a PF who plays around the elbow. If Stoudemire can consistently knock down the jumpers, it will help the Knicks on the boards while allowing Chandler to play pick and roll with Lin. I noticed that D'Antoni does have Stoudemire playing away from the basket, and I think he needs to continue doing that. The coaches can still make Melo a secondary or primary option. You can spot him up, run him off of screens every now and then, but what I like most about him is that he's a mismatch for 3s in the post. I'd love to see more of that. Play Amare more like a 3 and Anthony more like a 4.

Gotta give some credit to Chicago though. Those guys play some serious defense. They make a lot of teams look bad. I like to see players other than Rose making decisions with the basketball for them too. I honestly don't know if Rose is a better passer off of the high pick and roll than Deng. And Noah is a great passer for his size. I seriously can't stand Noah, but imagine if this fruit basket could turn into a knock down shooter from the foul line?
                  Last edited by Spice 1; 03-13-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• D'Antoni quits!!! Wooooo hooooo!!!!!!!!!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏ @WojYahooNBA

Mike D'Antoni has resigned as New York Knicks coach, a source tells Y! Sports.
                    Denver Broncos
                    New York Yankees
                    New York Knicks
                    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• This is wonderful news as a Knicks fan. Doofus should have been ousted 2 years ago but I guess better late than never. I was far from surprised when I read earlier that he had lost the team, he's always had the reputation as a player's coach but there comes a point where you need to stop coddling these grown men or risk losing their respect and that's precisely what happened.

BUT, the onus is on the players to get it done, more so than ever before. Especially Carmelo. Can we please get back to .500?

Comment

• Great news for Knicks fans. Woodson is a real good coach.

Knicks could be dangerous now with an emphasis on the defensive end and an offense that runs through Melo and Amare rather than Lin.
                        sigpic

Comment

• If Melo was the REASON why this good Coach, well good man, quit, then he has officially moved into my personal #1 spot of most despised, despicable, and detestable sport star in any sport.

And if all reports that I have been reading are TRUE, then Melo demanded to be traded if he was coming back next year.

New York and Melo deserve each other! You get what you have paid for in this guy. A diminishing Offensive ball hogging no defense whatsoever!!!!!!!

sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

• Nate McMillan fired by Blazers....

Retarded move by them IMO. McMillan is a great coach, you can't blame him that Roy retired and Oden is always hurt.

GM should have gone instead.
                            sigpic

Comment

• The Pacers have acquired Leandrp Barbosa for a 2nd rounder.

Rockets received Marcus Camby for Johnny Flynn Thabeet and a 2nd rounder

Derrick Fisher was traded for Jordan Hill

Gerald wallace to the Nets for Okur and Shawne Williams and a protected first

Sessions to the Lakers

Comment

• Lakers have gotten a lot better.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X