• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Broncoholic3233
    #OrangeandBlue #PFM
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
    You can't blame a 30 point loss on the refs.
    Sounds like you didn't watch the game. They changed the entire course of it.

And I HATE the Knicks. So I loved it. But refs played a major role.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

• Bernie24
      Playmaker
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
      Sounds like you didn't watch the game. They changed the entire course of it.

And I HATE the Knicks. So I loved it. But refs played a major role.
      You still can't blame a 30 point loss on the refs.

Had those calls not happened they still would have lost. 30 points is more than 3-4 bad calls.

(you're right though I only watched the second half and saw NY outhustled and outplayed)

Comment

• ERoyal248
        All-Pro
        • Aug 2009

It was 28-5 in FT's at one point, that is freaking crazy.

Hard to beat Miami as good as they are, basically impossible when the refs give them every call so it seems.

Refs ruin the flow of the game sometimes, let them play, one reason why CBB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NBA.

Comment

• ERoyal248
          All-Pro
          • Aug 2009

You can't, but the game was close, 29-30 as Freddie said before the refs took over.

You can't touch LeBron or it's a foul, it's amazing the treatment the refs give him, truly amazing.

Comment

• Bernie24
            Playmaker
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            You can't, but the game was close, 29-30 as Freddie said before the refs took over.

You can't touch LeBron or it's a foul, it's amazing the treatment the refs give him, truly amazing.
            Yeah. Wish they called it same for everyone.

Don't worry the Celtics will knock em off

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
              #OrangeandBlue #PFM
              • Jan 2010

You still can't blame a 30 point loss on the refs.

Had those calls not happened they still would have lost. 30 points is more than 3-4 bad calls.

(you're right though I only watched the second half and saw NY outhustled and outplayed)
              You are right. You can't.

But, they DID play a HUGE factor is my point.

Momentum is a huge thing in basketball, any sport really, and that was turned quickly. It was a close game....then a few calls....and boom....Knicks looked like the Charolette Bobcats

sigpic

Comment

• InElwayWeTrust
                All-Pro
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                You are right. You can't.

But, they DID play a HUGE factor is my point.

Momentum is a huge thing in basketball, any sport really, and that was turned quickly. It was a close game....then a few calls....and boom....Knicks looked like the Charolette Bobcats
                anything comparing Melo's precious team to the Bobcats is awesome.

Comment

• Broncoholic3233
                  #OrangeandBlue #PFM
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                  anything comparing Melo's precious team to the Bobcats is awesome.
                  Oh man.

I loved that game. It was AWESOME.

First, Melo was terrible and his team got hammered.

Second, Lebron put on a great performance. For that...he should get a grammy.

Third, the Knicks looked like the Bobcats.

sigpic

Comment

• Freddie Black
                    Practice Squad
                    • Nov 2011

Okay? Nowhere did I place blame for the loss on the referees. In fact, I clearly stated that it did not excuse their complete lack of effort for the remainder of the game. That's completely on the players for mailing it in. All I did was offer my opinion on what their possible mindset could have been after experiencing such egregious bias from an officiating crew whose job is to call a fair game.

They rolled over. Amar'e sat on the weak side over and over again while not boxing out and allowing 6'8" Haslem to get offensive boards. Novak did the same. Tyson Chandler can be excused for yesterday but a LAZY pass resulted in one of the 'flops' to start with. A 48 year old Shane Battier was flying all over the court and made the Knicks look slow. It was embarrassing how bad STAT's effort was out there. You'd think he'd at least make it LOOK like he's trying now but no... same old stuff. There were too many costly turnovers and an overall sloppiness of play that Miami took advantage of. How many times did Mike Miller and Battier have WIDE open looks for 3? Pretty much all the problems that plagued the team during the _'Antoni era this year reared its ugly head again yesterday. Melo missed shots he's been making over the last month and Battier/LBJ couldn't have done a better job of denying him the entry pass at his usual spot.

There. Now I explicitly placed blame on the TEAM. Still doesn't change a damn thing about what I stated about the refereeing.

Comment

• Bernie24
                      Playmaker
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Freddie Black View Post
                      The game was 29-30 before the refs took over and made 4 atrocious calls in 2 minutes to swing momentum in their favor and spur that 20-2 run.

Doesn't excuse their lack of fight for the rest of the game but I can kind of understand their reluctance to be aggressive when they couldn't even breathe in the direction of Queen James without getting whistled. There were also a handful of times Melo attacked the basket and came away with his headband an inch or two lower than where it was prior to the drive.
                      Originally posted by Freddie Black View Post
                      Okay? Nowhere did I place blame for the loss on the referees.
                      lol what

of course you did. partially, at least.

Comment

• Hoserman117
                        Pwnin' Nubz
                        • Dec 2006

I don't think you can say that the refs spurred that 32-2 run.

Knicks pull within 1, make it 30-29 after a JR Smith 3. Miami then gets it to 38-29, and JR Smith gets called for that pretty lame foul where he kinda nudges LeBron out of bounds.

So there's a 9-0 run that the refs didn't cause.

LeBron sinks the 2 free throws, and then when Tyson Chandler pulls his next foul it is 45-31.

So basically what I'm hearing here, is that between it being 30-29, and 45-31, that's all on the refs? Because of that one bad call on JR Smith? Come on... that just doesn't make sense. There were other fouls in there called on the Knicks (some charges, a shooting foul on Battier/Bosh) but you can't argue those, they were legit.

Besides, that Tyson foul was a foul. Not a flagrant, but clearly a foul.
                        Last edited by Hoserman117; 04-29-2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Bernie24
                          Playmaker
                          • Feb 2009

Okay, I've seen this before but not quite to this extent

How is it legal for home teams to play distracting music on clutch parts of the game?

Maybe im just noticing this for the first time, but it seems a little over the top in home court advantage

Comment

• 350legend
                            Bench Warmer
                            • May 2012

Its Ironic how all 4 teams left are similair, for example, Boston and the spurs are an aging team playing against a much young team! Spurs (for Me) are the better aging team than boston. im a knick fan but im actually rooting for OKC to take the whole thing!!
                            sigpic

Comment

• nic.zeman24
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Jan 2011

Can we all agree that David Stern is looking out for himself and the league only? Isn't it convenient that the NBA owned Hornets get the first pick in the draft? And they are trying to sell and now they are guaranteed the best player in the draft.

Comment

• Amari24
                                Starter
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by nic.zeman24 View Post
                                Can we all agree that David Stern is looking out for himself and the league only? Isn't it convenient that the NBA owned Hornets get the first pick in the draft? And they are trying to sell and now they are guaranteed the best player in the draft.
                                I thought this was obvious after the Cavs received two top 5 picks after LeBron went to Miami. It also got too suspicious after New Jersey didn't get the #1 overall pick in 2010. The lottery is a joke, there's a reason why no other sport uses such a flawed system.

Comment

Working...
                                X