No announcement yet.

NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NBA has a serious problem....... I was once a die hard fan and like many have lost my passion for the NBA.
    Its the situational calls/no calls that are maddening.

The first RD of this years playoffs reminded many of us how great this game is and how amazing these players are, however the officiating has got to be addressed. You cant officiate a game one way for one teams style and another way for another teams aggressiveness.....its not the officials job to be the great equalizer.

Consistent calls shouldn't be something these guys have to be reminded of. In the NFL certain crews may "allow" a little extra here and there but its for both teams (i.e- bumping wrs/dbs) in the NBA, the rules change for whoever is holding the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
      The NBA has a serious problem....... I was once a die hard fan and like many have lost my passion for the NBA.
      Its the situational calls/no calls that are maddening.

The first RD of this years playoffs reminded many of us how great this game is and how amazing these players are, however the officiating has got to be addressed. You cant officiate a game one way for one teams style and another way for another teams aggressiveness.....its not the officials job to be the great equalizer.

Consistent calls shouldn't be something these guys have to be reminded of. In the NFL certain crews may "allow" a little extra here and there but its for both teams (i.e- bumping wrs/dbs) in the NBA, the rules change for whoever is holding the ball.
      And more controversial calls and rediculous NBA responses.....

Gee, I wonder if the LAC might get some favorable calls tonight?

Comment

• Watching the Ind-Was game now and man this officiating is horrible!! Guess it is league-wide!!

Not shocked though

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
        Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
        Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
        Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
        I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Once again, the "MVP"s team are getting the calls, pathetic!! I will never give credit to OKC.

I can't wait to hear what Doc Rivers says this time, because he will be right.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
            And more controversial calls and rediculous NBA responses.....

Gee, I wonder if the LAC might get some favorable calls tonight?
            Nope, it's going OKCs way *sigh*

sigpic

Comment

• OKC vs MIA in the NBA finals. The conference championships are just a formality. Would prefer a rematch of last year though.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                OKC vs MIA in the NBA finals. The conference championships are just a formality. Would prefer a rematch of last year though.
                I would say that the NBA Season is a formality. Next year they should just have a Thunder/Spurs play in game to see who plays the Miami Heat for the championship. Then they can let the Sixers, Jazz, Bucks, and Celtics play horse for the number one overall pick. They could have the entire NBA Season finished in about 2 weeks. This would allow ESPN to spend the remaining 7 months talking about what happened to the Knicks and Lakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                  OKC vs MIA in the NBA finals. The conference championships are just a formality. Would prefer a rematch of last year though.
                  If Parker is healthy I'm not so sure OKC wins. Westbrook for all his skill is just so reckless. He basically does all the stuff they tell you not to do, routinely. It works against equally undisciplined teams but the Spurs are all about taking care of the ball and making teams pay for mistakes.
                  Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
                    If Parker is healthy I'm not so sure OKC wins. Westbrook for all his skill is just so reckless. He basically does all the stuff they tell you not to do, routinely. It works against equally undisciplined teams but the Spurs are all about taking care of the ball and making teams pay for mistakes.
                    They're saying stage 1 hammy, day to day. Would have been great if LA could've extended to 7. Honestly though, I'm not sure the Thunder would beat the Spurs w/o Parker in a neutrally officiated game.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Thunder get swept. So tired of Westbrook crying all the time when he's not even getting fouled. At least Griffin has a reason most of the time. Durant probably deserves an MVP, but it reminds me of the year they gave it to Karl Malone over Jordan. If Durant gets to LeBron, it'll be a sobering experience for some. Just hope the Spurs get there, and we can get a rematch. As jacked up as some of us think the NBA is, last year's finals were entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                      They're saying stage 1 hammy, day to day. Would have been great if LA could've extended to 7. Honestly though, I'm not sure the Thunder would beat the Spurs w/o Parker in a neutrally officiated game.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Thunder get swept. So tired of Westbrook crying all the time when he's not even getting fouled. At least Griffin has a reason most of the time. Durant probably deserves an MVP, but it reminds me of the year they gave it to Karl Malone over Jordan. If Durant gets to LeBron, it'll be a sobering experience for some. Just hope the Spurs get there, and we can get a rematch. As jacked up as some of us think the NBA is, last year's finals were entertaining.
                      I'd love to see Timmy get one more. That guy has been class since day one.
                      Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• The Heat are the only team to beat a team in the playoffs after being swept in the regular season by that team. I believe they've done it twice now.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• It seems pretty clear that the Spurs can't beat the Thunder when Ibaka is playing.
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• I'm glad they proved me wrong. It would be nice for them to show that game five wasn't a fluke.
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Finally a close game and it goes to the Spurs in OKC.

Spurs vs. Heat is what I wanted even though it's not what I expected. Hopefully the Spurs can get the win this time.
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• "Hello, Carmelo? It's me, Pat Riley..."

Comment

Working...
                                X