Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    "Hello, Carmelo? It's me, Pat Riley..."
    Haha right?? How much fun would it be to watch a team like that crumple like the heat are now. I would say even sweeter...

I don't know too much about basketball but watching that game last night D Wade looked old and lethargic. It was pretty obvious Lebron got tired of carrying 9 teammates in the 4th. After that game last night I don't think its fair to call them the big 3 any more....it is Lebron and everyone else just like in Cleveland. Only difference is that the everyone else is a bit more talented.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
      Haha right?? How much fun would it be to watch a team like that crumple like the heat are now. I would say even sweeter...

I don't know too much about basketball but watching that game last night D Wade looked old and lethargic. It was pretty obvious Lebron got tired of carrying 9 teammates in the 4th. After that game last night I don't think its fair to call them the big 3 any more....it is Lebron and everyone else just like in Cleveland. Only difference is that the everyone else is a bit more talented.
      People talk about legacy games, and I usually scoff. Last night, and the previous game were exactly that IMO. I know you're old enough to remember MJ in his prime. Remember how he used to take over a game offensively. He would carry the Bulls for quarters at a time. That's not who LeBron is, but I think he needed to be that guy in these two games. He always makes the high IQ basketball play. There's nothing wrong with tht, but there comes a time when you have to impose your will.

As you said. "Lethargic". Perfect summation, friend. Watching the Heat play defense is bad enough, but to get outrebounded like that? smh...

Comment

• I've watched this whole series and I have to say- Miami does not look like they want to win this thing. They do look like Cleveland with LeBron. You can see he's getting frustrated carrying that team.

But, you have to give SA a LOT of credit. They play like a team. They are not selfish at all. The ball moves non stop and they seemt o not care who scores. They seem like they are hungry for that ring.

If Miami does not shape up FAST, this thing is over in the 1st quarter on Sunday.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
          I've watched this whole series and I have to say- Miami does not look like they want to win this thing. They do look like Cleveland with LeBron. You can see he's getting frustrated carrying that team.

But, you have to give SA a LOT of credit. They play like a team. They are not selfish at all. The ball moves non stop and they seemt o not care who scores. They seem like they are hungry for that ring.

If Miami does not shape up FAST, this thing is over in the 1st quarter on Sunday.
          I'm not sure Miami can shape up. Both teams have tons of talent but SA has talent that works together and gets easy buckets. That kind of consistent team work is taught, not talent. Miami relies far too much on individual play. They have so much talent they can role over the rest of the league by talent alone but not by SA this year.
          Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
            I'm not sure Miami can shape up. Both teams have tons of talent but SA has talent that works together and gets easy buckets. That kind of consistent team work is taught, not talent. Miami relies far too much on individual play. They have so much talent they can role over the rest of the league by talent alone but not by SA this year.

Methinks you are 100% correct. It's amazing watching a team like SA.

Comment

• Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
              Agreed. Another thing I notice is that the Heat pride themselves on defense, but it looks more and more like the stuff they were getting away with against everyone else isn't working. Time and again, I see them selling out to protect the paint, but you can't do that against the Spurs. It's almost uncanny how every time the Heat show help from teh perimeter, the Spurs make them pay. That, and every time there's an entry pass on a cutter, the Spurs are rotating offensively. The Heat players get lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                Agreed. Another thing I notice is that the Heat pride themselves on defense, but it looks more and more like the stuff they were getting away with against everyone else isn't working. Time and again, I see them selling out to protect the paint, but you can't do that against the Spurs. It's almost uncanny how every time the Heat show help from teh perimeter, the Spurs make them pay. That, and every time there's an entry pass on a cutter, the Spurs are rotating offensively. The Heat players get lost.
                And if you watch that rotation they keep doing it's a pattern, like watching a girl braid hair. In and out, in and out... it's quite pretty to watch!

Comment

• If not for four inopportune missed free throws and a shameful flop in game two, this could have been a beautiful sweep.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Wow this Spurs team is unbelievable. Its fun watching them destroy this Heat team
                    sigpic

Comment

• NBA Finals - They Give Me Hope

Well, it looks like The Spurs are going to win the NBA Championship in a rematch with the Miami Heat, who they lost to last year. At least it gives me some hope that if we rematch the Seahawks, it can be done. The odds are against us, but think of how it would feel playing the Seahawks again, this time beating them. It could happen, you never know!

Comment

• The Spurs are an easy team to root for. Likeable, team work, no divas, humble, and great.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Spurs are a way better team then the Heat even last year. With a fully healthy team i say we are better then the Seahawks but not by much. The rematch will be a much better game
                          sigpic

Comment

• Yeah, Spurs!!
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Is LeBron still in the conversation for "better than Jordan" anymore?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                                Is LeBron still in the conversation for "better than Jordan" anymore?
                                Its foolish for people to even put lebrons name next to Jordan. There will never be another Jordan.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X