No announcement yet.

NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, LeBron James is still in the conversation of best ever. It still takes a team to win. Jordan never won a championship without Pippen or Phil Jackson.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
      Yes, LeBron James is still in the conversation of best ever. It still takes a team to win. Jordan never won a championship without Pippen or Phil Jackson.
      Absolutely not 2-3 in the NBA finals not a chance LeBron is ever getting close to MJ
      Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler4tw View Post
        Absolutely not 2-3 in the NBA finals not a chance LeBron is ever getting close to MJ
        LeBrick not even close to Jordan.
        sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

• I guess there's no reasoning with some people. I'm not a LeBron James fan but he's still a great player and maybe the best ever.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I guess there's no reasoning with some people. I'm not a LeBron James fan but he's still a great player and maybe the best ever.
            Great player? Yes. Best ever? Not a chance.

Jordan and Russell never lost an NBA finals let alone 3.

Yes it takes a team to win but still a losing record in the finals can't put you in the argument of greatest ever.

Even if you argue Jordan, and Lebron someday catches him in rings I think Bill Russell would still have something to say about that claim.

Rings aren't all that define greatness though. I simply think Lebrons game isn't quite as good.
            sigpic

Comment

• Lebron is a great player, but you must not have watched much Jordan. When Jordan played the D was more physical with hand checking and much more touching and grabbing. This is a fairly hands off league now. Plus, Kawhi pretty much neutralized Lebron when he was guarding him. Jordan didn't get neutralized even when he was being double and triple teamed. I think Jordan would have a field day in today's NBA.
              Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• Jordan would foul out consistently in today's NBA if he had to rely on hand checking and physical defense. You can't blame James for the rules.
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Yes, LeBron James is still in the conversation of best ever. It still takes a team to win. Jordan never won a championship without Pippen or Phil Jackson.
                  The difference was that the Bulls were a team that was mainly built through the draft, not a collection of the best free agents getting together to win not one...

...not two...

...not three...

...not four...

sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                  Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                  Adopted By:
                  Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                  Broncbeat

Comment

• Jordan would average 50 a game with today's rules. LeBron is awesome, but watching the Spurs go on a 50 to 20 run, anyone who watched Jordan knew he would have stopped the bleeding much sooner. And the fact that LeBron joined with other stars does not help his situation. If Jordan had joined with Barkley and Olajuwon, they would have wrecked the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      The Spurs are an easy team to root for. Likeable, team work, no divas, humble, and great.
                      Very true.

Comment

• Lebron is now 2/5 in NBA Finals. No way is he even close to being the GOAT, he might not even end up top 5 all-time before he calls it quits. I think top 10 is a given when you factor in Lebron accomplishments and talent. I personally have Lebron ranked 11th or 12th. Kobe is the greatest player since MJ in my view. But now with Duncan winning his fifth chamionship you can now make a solid case for Duncan.
                        Last edited by Chillez; 06-16-2014, 09:44 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
                          Is LeBron still in the conversation for "better than Jordan" anymore?
                          Nope, 2011 NBA Finals ended it officially. That ship has already long past sailed.
                          Last edited by Chillez; 06-16-2014, 10:25 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Jordan would foul out consistently in today's NBA if he had to rely on hand checking and physical defense. You can't blame James for the rules.
                            I was talking about Jordan's offensive game...he would have killed in today's NBA.

If you want to talk D we can but I don't think Jordan would have had any problems staying if front of people if he couldn't hand check.
                            Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• James's game is better compared to Magic. That, however, is separate from the conversation of best ever. James is still in that conversation whether the haters like it or not.
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• James in my opinion doesn't have that gene most of the greats in all sports have. You that gene that kicks in when you're hurt, but you force yourself to play with the pain. That gene that kicks in when your team is slacking, so you have to carry them, no excuses.

James lacks that gene. Khawi shut him down a few times during the series, and it's easy to forget, but this could've easily been the Spurs looking for back to back titles. They are a better team overrall than the Heat.

In it goes to show that building a team with chemistry and players that compliment each other is better than just throwing top tier free agents on a team. This goes for all sports. :2cents:
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X