No announcement yet.

NBA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cavs have been easier on the eyes lately.

Firstly, Kevin Love still doesn't play much defense (Ok, he's pretty bad), but the team is able to overcome this with good late game intensity and scoring. I incorrectly stated that Blatt was running a 2-3 zone the other day, but it's really a matchup zone. That explains why they struggled with it early on. It's been working lately.

Dion is finally finding himself off the bench. Kyrie is unreal right now. They're featuring him as a scorer, and LeBron is doing more facilitating. Kyrie's game made leaps and bounds from last year. Team USA paid huge dividends. Andy and Thompson have been remarkable in their roles. Particularly in pick and roll situations.

Blatt is quietly doing a fine coaching job by capitalizing on the team's individual strengths. They've still got a lot of improving to do before they can challenge the West, but right now they can contend for the Eastern Conference. The turnaround was abrupt. The turnaround was sparked by LeBron's early aggressiveness, and Blatt's ability to find rotations that work.

Tristan Thompson has a ton of heart.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 12-11-2014, 07:39 AM.

Comment

• LOL at Kobe's rant. He actually said "no wonder y'all lost 20 games".......hasn't he played in all 20 games a s well? Awesome teammate

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
        LOL at Kobe's rant. He actually said "no wonder y'all lost 20 games".......hasn't he played in all 20 games a s well? Awesome teammate
        I've always had my problems with Kobe, but Melo still makes him look like Magic in the teammate department. He and his boy JR:

lol. Never gets old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
          I've always had my problems with Kobe, but Melo still makes him look like Magic in the teammate department. He and his boy JR:

lol. Never gets old.
          Not that it wold make any sense at all, but I would love to see Melo traded to the Lakers. Just to watch the car wreck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
            Not that it wold make any sense at all, but I would love to see Melo traded to the Lakers. Just to watch the car wreck.
            That would be a mess, but I have to admit, I didn't see anything wrong with what Kobe said in that practice. I probably would've said the same thing if I were him, honestly. Dude is good competitor and motivator. Now, if he goes to the media and complains about the front office, and starts demanding trades and such. Yeah, that's a different story.

Comment

• Know who it likely sucks to be? Josh Smith. The Pistons have been awful this season and last season, they cut Smith now they're on a 6 game win streak. They've seriously not loss since cutting Smith. In they are playing really good ball, wonder how long they'll keep up the good playing. Not saying win out the season, but you know get above .500 and stay about it.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Is LeBron James going to regret trading Wiggins for Love?
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• I'm so disappointed in my Bulls. With their talent, they should be fighting for best record overall. However poor coaching and small things (Missed FTs, TOs, poor shots, missed point blank shots, etc.) may even cost us a playoff spot
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    Is LeBron James going to regret trading Wiggins for Love?
                    I thought that trading for Love was a mistake, and the jury will probably be out until either this offseason or next years offseason. Love has been abysmal defensively. It's not just a lack of natural ability, but his mentality. A total lack of awareness and effort. The Cavs show promise defensively when he's not on the floor.

To add to that, Blatt doesn't appear to be a coach who can adapt his system to the players on his roster. He claims it's due to lack of practice time, but I'm not sold on that. In his current role, they may call a set play for Love in the low or high post, but mostly he's a catch and shoot guy on the perimeter. Problem with that is that he's not as advertised beyond the 3 point line. He's not the knockdown shooter I thought the Cavs were getting.

In his defense, this could be rhythm or injury related, because he's fighting through back spasms right now. I applaud his effort last night against LA, but he should be sat down to rest his back.

Hitting the reset button with the Waiters and Mosgov trades is going to to add to the learning curve, but the lack of consistent intensity defensively seems to be a recurring theme. That'll end up being the main thing that ends their season and gets Blatt fired at this rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                      I'm so disappointed in my Bulls. With their talent, they should be fighting for best record overall. However poor coaching and small things (Missed FTs, TOs, poor shots, missed point blank shots, etc.) may even cost us a playoff spot
                      Don't worry. You got the Cavs coming up. lol.

Comment

Don't worry. You got the Cavs coming up. lol.
                        We can't beat UTAH, ORL, or any other scrub team. What makes you think CLE won't stomp us? They have quality, veteran pieces that will probably beat us
                        "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

We can't beat UTAH, ORL, or any other scrub team. What makes you think CLE won't stomp us? They have quality, veteran pieces that will probably beat us
                          I actually think the Cavs match up really well with Chicago this year. They still don't play defense though. Cavs can lose to anyone when they give up points like last night: 33,31,31,26. If they don't light up the scoreboard night in and night out, they're vulnerable.

Cleveland and Chicago should switch coaches...seriously. We need to get a trade going.

Comment

I actually think the Cavs match up really well with Chicago this year. They still don't play defense though. Cavs can lose to anyone when they give up points like last night: 33,31,31,26. If they don't light up the scoreboard night in and night out, they're vulnerable.

Cleveland and Chicago should switch coaches...seriously. We need to get a trade going.
                            I'm for that

Comment

Scrub team? The Jazz?

Ok......you got me....but the Jazz do play hard and actually are a pain for teams who rely on big guys.

If the NBA ever expands to 23-27 playoff teams than WATCH OUT for my Jazz!

Comment

• nobody is good at everything. at least love brings rebounding and offense when hes healthy...

cleveland can send him to la if they want to...
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X